Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Operation Storytime: Nobody Likes the Tuna Here

Old 06-15-2015, 09:13 AM

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

Very very mean .... love it !!
Old 06-15-2015, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks so good
Old 06-15-2015, 12:12 PM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

What size tires again
Old 06-15-2015, 03:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisaltima
Very very mean .... love it !!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by s2sik
looks so good
Thanks! I think so too.

Originally Posted by jst2878
What size tires again
255/40. I have the specs in the first post of this thread for reference
Old 06-15-2015, 03:35 PM

General Thoughts

So let's see.

I only have a few items left to do before I am "done" for the time being. On Friday, with the help of Chris Lum I'm installing my Stoptech BBK Trophy kit, as well as Stoptech rear pads. I had a terrible time deciding what pads I wanted to put on the trophy kit, the reason being I have Pmu hc800+ pads on the car now and love them- I didn't want to have to switch them out, so I looked for hc800+ pads for the kit. Unfortunately they don't have any on this continent, so I started brainstorming what else I could get. I thought about Pmu CR's, but they are a bit extreme for me at the moment plus they tend to be really noisy, so I ruled those out. I thought about Winmax, but I'd have to buy new rear pads even though I have barely used the ones I have now. Ultimately, I decided to go with Stoptech for now since I already have pads for it and switch out the pads when I eventually make it to the track. I'm hoping to go late fall / winter when I'm back for an extended time for the holidays, we'll see. I know a few people with Stoptech pads and the ones who have them, like them, but I also know folks who have used them but hate them and get rid of them so there are differing opinions out there for sure. I think it's the right decision for now though.

I also picked up AP1 fender liners. The R1 bumper is designed for an AP1 setup, so none of the holes line up for the R1 bumper with AP2 fender liner. No worries, AP1 fender liner works on AP2's, so I picked up a new set of liner from a friend at Honda and will be installing it soon.

Seemingly just in time, I got a notification from the guy I purchased the Bride seat from, Jesse Streeter, and the seat shipped Friday. It should be showing up in 4-6 days from then, so I should be seeing it by the time I get there! I am extremely excited to get the seat in there, I wasn't expecting that I was going to get it in time for this trip, but it seems like it's going to work out!

I fly back on Friday, and decided to stay a week this time so I can have a chance to drive the car around for a bit. It's a running joke, but it seems like all of my friends are going to see my car before I do, it's currently at a friend's house.

I'll be updating in a week with the install!

Old 06-15-2015, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by s2k_drive
Nice build. I saw your car in the corner of the shop while my HT was being color matched. I personally didn't like the black for my SSM car, but yours looks great and complements all the other mods you've done.
Thanks, I saw your top on instagram. At first I was afraid because I was thinking they misunderstood and painted my top Silverstone! I had to do a double take.

The guys at Signature are top notch in my opinion. I'm really happy I went with them.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:08 PM

Not to mention their honesty, and when they gave me a date they stuck with it. Great group.

And they have really nice cars. Haha
Old 06-15-2015, 09:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k_drive
Nice build. I saw your car in the corner of the shop while my HT was being color matched. I personally didn't like the black for my SSM car, but yours looks great and complements all the other mods you've done.
Should have kept it black
Old 06-15-2015, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by veilside959
Originally Posted by s2k_drive' timestamp='1434411764' post='23649371
Should have kept it black
So he went black, and then went back?

Old 06-15-2015, 11:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

car is looking fantastic! great build.

Quick Reply: Operation Storytime: Nobody Likes the Tuna Here