UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Silverstone - Massive Tree - Berlina Black

Old 02-13-2015, 04:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Silverstone - Massive Tree - Berlina Black

Hi Guys i have recently bought a 2001 S2000.

A bit of my car history first.

My first fast car that I modified quite alot was a Saxo VTR that i fitted a 16v 106 GTI engine to. I loved the car and it truely taught me how to drive but I sold it because at the end of the day it didnt matter how much effort you put in too make it stand out, it was still disregarded as special in the car community because it was still just a saxo.

I then purchased a 2000 spec UKDM ITR DC2 that was really cheap and a little beyond salvagable in terms of rust. But i only Paid 2k for it so it was still steal.

Thats where the honda love Began for me, and the car truely opened my eyes to how well engineered Hondas are.

Heres what it was like when i bought it:

And here was the rust :S

As you can see in the images it didnt look to bad from the outside but on removing the interior, the side skirts and the undereal you could see the sill where truely shot and the inner arches didnt exsist. BUt I didnt let the put me off
and i got the car treated and had all the rust removed (wasnt cheap :/)

And after the rust was removed

1 and half years, 15'000 miles and 2 track days later here is what it looked like by the time i sold it to make way for the S2k

ON TOO THE S2K

Now Here is the S2k i bought in january this year,

Its a 2001 with 77'000 miles on the clock and its been stood off the road since 2011.

I Bought the car off a breaker who I noramlly deal with for parts for the integra, he was honest enough to tell me that he didnt know much about it apart from the fact the roof was f@#ked so he'd changed it to one from a 2003 car with the heated rear screen, So i bartered with him for a bit and managed to get it for £4800 which considering the milage i didnt think was bad

So the first thing i did was wash and claybar the 3 years of grime away (oh and do a full service)

I then Changed the Badges for RED ones

i have only had the S2k for a month and i dont really have that many pictures but i do know that i already completely love it!!

I was worried at first that it wasnt going to be as driver focused or raw as my integra. but ive found its even better and the 9k RPM red line is just out of this world

Its complete stock i know but they're will be more mods to come
Old 02-13-2015, 04:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome!

That's a pretty tidy example right there, low mileage for it's age. Did you check to see if the bushes etc aren't seized? Where abouts are you?

Nico
Old 02-13-2015, 04:56 AM
Community Organizer

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Welcome

Check out the meets section: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/forum/129...ts-and-events/
and get yourself along to "show her off".

Minvo
Old 02-13-2015, 04:56 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Welcome
Old 02-13-2015, 05:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the site, must say best colour by far Certainly sounds like a bargain for that price tbf.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by NicoS
Welcome!

That's a pretty tidy example right there, low mileage for it's age. Did you check to see if the bushes etc aren't seized? Where abouts are you?

Nico
Cheers that why i bought it . It does have a tiny rust scap on the rear drivers arch but its in the body shop this week being cut out .

I didnt check any bushes before i bought it and due to it being sat, the chances are though they will be siezed but until i check i have no idea lol.

Im From manchester

Originally Posted by minvo
Welcome

Check out the meets section: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/forum/129...ts-and-events/
and get yourself along to "show her off".

Minvo
Cheers

I will do the second its not so stock haha, I think they're is a meet in the northwest soon i might go too

Originally Posted by CynicG
Welcome
Thanks
Old 02-13-2015, 05:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

recognise the teg, looked tidy!

welcome to the s2k side
Old 02-13-2015, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by dan lewis
Welcome to the site, must say best colour by far Certainly sounds like a bargain for that price tbf.
Yeah I love the colour and i normally hate silver cars haha

Originally Posted by flybikeslee
recognise the teg, looked tidy!

welcome to the s2k side
Ahhhh, where do you recognise it from?
Old 02-13-2015, 06:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just form pictures at oulton, heavyset meet by looks of it? been to any of the mcr-vtec ones?
Old 02-13-2015, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by flybikeslee
just form pictures at oulton, heavyset meet by looks of it? been to any of the mcr-vtec ones?

Yeah they were taken at oulton, It was the JDM north meet from late last year.

Nope i cant say i have, What the MCR-Vtec meet? dont think ive even heard of it before lol

Quick Reply: Silverstone - Massive Tree - Berlina Black