S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Cars2kman's CNCSpeedshop 2.4L build

Old 03-10-2015, 03:37 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Cars2kman's CNCSpeedshop 2.4L build

Thought I'd share a build we did here recently. We installed our 2.4L stroker kit into a relatively stock ap1. The motor was in really good shape so we reused the stock ap1 pistons, installed new 06+ rings. The car still has the stock throttle body, intake manifold, injectors, cams and header. We also gave him a slight clutch upgrade, stock pressure plate with our custom unsprung organic clutch disk from ACT.

Stock Ap1 Pistons
CNC Speedshop 2.4L stroker kit
ACL Race bearings
Supertech Beehive valve spring kit
Fujita cold air intake
Unknown High flow cat
70mm exhaust
RLZEngineering CNC ported head
Stock throttle body
Stock Intake manifold
Stock injectors
Stock cams
Stock header
Tuned by us with AEMv2

And for the dyno graphs

This is compared to an ap1 with only K&N intake, 70mm test pipe and 70mm exhaust

For more info on the stroker kit check out our group buy thread https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/111...2-group-buy-2/
Old 03-10-2015, 04:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How high are you guys revving it?
Old 03-10-2015, 04:24 AM
Banned

I just realized you cant see the rpms on the dyno.. I'll get a new one up here shortly.

The rev limit is set at 8500, with the stock throttle body and intake manifold choking everything up it peaks power at 8000.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I got to drive it this past weekend, car pulls really well. Real smooth power band, it will get you in trouble if your not paying attention to how fast your going
Old 03-10-2015, 09:50 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I bet with a solid custom intake, port match IM and TB a long with a straight 3" single and test pipe this bad boy would hit close to 300whp
Old 03-10-2015, 10:14 AM

Hopefully I'll have your companies stroker before too long. I just have to figure out everything with a move to colorado first.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Banned

We tested our 3.5" CAI on it .. Didnt make much difference at all. Intake manifold and throttle body are what's holding it up
Old 03-10-2015, 02:49 PM

Wow, definitely on the want list. Impressive. Would like to monitor the longevity on one of these builds before going down the stroker route.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:31 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

So with the AP1 pistons, this motor is at 13:1 compression? How is pump gas coping with that? Did you have to retard timing or go more rich? Any ideas on how to lower compression down to a safer level for FI options on a 2.4 stroker? Any thicker head gaskets out there that are reliable like OEM?
Old 03-10-2015, 04:24 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Well just wrapping up the forth day of driving, its still early on and shes running very well. I've had her about two years now been lurking on the forum just about every night, and feel I've learned alot about the car from here. I decided to go with the 2.4L build because I wanted to stay NA, felt that if I could get close to 300whp that would be enough for me.
I had concerns about the longevity of the motor and spoke with Wadzii about it and the 13.1CR, obviously he felt the motor would have longevity and run safe. Time will be the deciding factor in that. I'm satisfied with my decision, Wadzii is a very capable engine builder along with being someone that shares knowledge, and is easy to talk with, he knows that when he puts his name on it and posts it up on the forum his rep is at stake. Also his partner Cameron let me know how things were coming on the build, the month of February was kinda tough weather for us southerners, so it took alittle longer than we expected but Cameron kept me up to speed on the progress. All I can say right now is that she will fly, I know she's not in the boosted HP catagory, but even running 80 in sixth gear and put your foot down it starts to pull, in any gear its instant. Next up will be the test pipe for the extra low end tq the current HFC is a Berk, and when the finances line up I'll start researching the intake manifold and throttle body additions. Well......... don't have the finances but the research started last night.

Quick Reply: Cars2kman's CNCSpeedshop 2.4L build