Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

thechase136's AP1 Time Attack Build

Old 01-17-2016, 01:45 PM

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts

What's up with your hardtop window seals? Did that fix the wind noise for you?
Old 01-17-2016, 06:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jefsese
i think this was the car i was suppose to buy last year. is this the one with the evo recaro seats?
Nah that must have been someone else's, this one has been bone stock up until a few weeks ago.

Originally Posted by Frida83
What's up with your hardtop window seals? Did that fix the wind noise for you?
That's just my ghetto temporary fix to stop it from leaking so badly on the passenger side. The fitment on the hardtop itself is great but my windows don't seal well enough around the generic weather seal they used to keep the water out when it's raining, I had to add some rubber foam stripping until I figure out a cleaner solution.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Kenshyn
Please polish your headlights.
Here you go!

Restored the headlights today and I'm super happy with how they came out!

Before:

thechase136's AP1 Time Attack Build-mmsf4xy.jpg

After:

thechase136's AP1 Time Attack Build-ahx5vpn.jpg

Pretty impressive difference for how little time it took, I wasn't expecting it to work as well as it did. The whole front end looks much better now other than the cracked bumper which is really starting to bug me.

Any suggestions as far as a nice front bumper that would look good on my car? I'm kind of liking the Amuse R1, but also considering another OEM Ap1 w/lip.

I'm thinking about shooting the car at dusk today, let's see if my flash triggers arrive before then!
Old 01-23-2016, 10:27 PM

Finished up getting the last bits in the car today and had time for a quick photo shoot while she's still clean.

thechase136's AP1 Time Attack Build-7qgo9ts.jpg

thechase136's AP1 Time Attack Build-44lyv3i.jpg

thechase136's AP1 Time Attack Build-qsn9lpk.jpg

thechase136's AP1 Time Attack Build-hreyhxh.jpg

thechase136's AP1 Time Attack Build-0pime0j.jpg

Attachment 174103

Attachment 174027

thechase136's AP1 Time Attack Build-xcm0irs.jpg

thechase136's AP1 Time Attack Build-9lt0ul6.jpg

thechase136's AP1 Time Attack Build-vzxh13o.jpg

thechase136's AP1 Time Attack Build-ellnz8g.jpg

thechase136's AP1 Time Attack Build-jh8odh2.jpg

The new seat/wheel/harness combo is fantastic. I spend so much less energy trying to keep myself from sliding around and the improvement of feeling exactly what the chassis is doing underneath you is staggering.

One of my biggest complains with this car was that the driving position was too high, it felt like I was driving on top of the car and I'm 6'. The seat is now for all intents and purposes, bolted to the floor, and it feels like the perfect height for me. The wheel is now right where it should be too, the horizontal centerline is roughly shoulder height when I'm in the car and the 330mm diameter gives a much nicer weight to the steering feel with a more responsive turn in.

I'm really happy with how the car is set up now, I can't wait to get back to the track next month and run the Roval at auto club speedway. I'll be counting down the days, but in the mean time I think I'm going to look into a front bumper and splitter and see what I can find.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:52 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

nice build so far, as far as your fitment though on the HT, maybe I'm just nitpicky even for a rep..

thechase136's AP1 Time Attack Build-uiqqjjw.jpg
Old 01-24-2016, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by TofuProductions
nice build so far, as far as your fitment though on the HT, maybe I'm just nitpicky even for a rep..

Thanks! Which section of the HT are you looking at? I was pretty happy with the fitment for the most part, but there's certainly nothing like OEM.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:59 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Looks great man! I think all you need is an OEM lip or Gears (RSG) and your set!
Old 01-27-2016, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by jaor.s2k
Looks great man! I think all you need is an OEM lip or Gears (RSG) and your set!
Much appreciated! Right now I'm thinking I might go Amuse/Shine R1 with some sort of splitter, maybe APR if it would fit well underneath that bumper but I'll have to look into it.

How do you like the Shine replica? I'm wondering if the flexible material might be a better choice for track duty rather than the authentic Amuse.

Also, I finally decided on an exhaust after hearing it in person today. I'll be picking up a T1R 70R-EM dual sparrow tomorrow afternoon, making the switch to AEM EMS, and a tune some time next week.

I'm pretty excited for the standalone EMS and really looking forward to a lower VTEC engagement point. Stay tuned for dyno charts!
Old 01-27-2016, 04:40 PM

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts

Your wheel color is spot on, what was paint code?

And the T1R Sparrow dual is a sick exhaust. Enjoy it!
Old 01-27-2016, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Frida83
Your wheel color is spot on, what was paint code?

And the T1R Sparrow dual is a sick exhaust. Enjoy it!

Thanks! The color is Triple Bronze from Prismatic, I was a little worried how they were going to turn out but it ended up being exactly what I was looking for.

Definitely excited for the exhaust, I'll post a video of the Berk 70mm HFC/T1r sparrow combo once I get around to installing it.

Quick Reply: thechase136's AP1 Time Attack Build