S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Racing and Competition FAQ

Old 08-28-2007, 12:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Racing and Competition FAQ

Welcome to the Racing and Competition FAQ thread! If you are looking for an answer to a question about autocrossing, tracking, or wheel to wheel racing the S2000, then you are in the correct place. To find an answer, here are your best bets, in order:

1. Read the FAQ below. The links below will point you to the most popular and informative discussions on the topics listed.

2. If your questions is NOT S2000 specific, try searching Google. An answer to a more general question on autocrossing, tracking, or roadracing is often the same across all makes and models. Your question has probably been answered very thoroughly somewhere outside of s2ki.

3. If you have not found your answer, chances are good that your question as not been included in the FAQ yet. At the bottom right of the main "S2000 Racing and Competition" page, use the "Search this Forum" box to look for your answer. This tip works for other forums across s2ki as well

4. No answer yet? Chances are that your question has not been asked or if it has, it was asked a long time ago and new response is needed. Go ahead and start a new topic with your question. When asking a question, try and lead-in with a quick description of your experience competing in motorsports with or without an S2000. This serves as good background information for those trying to help with an answer.
__________________________________________________ ________
GENERAL FAQ

Q Which is the best XXX?
A Save it. We don't offer product recommendations unless you have a very specific question about a specific product or application. The best is not specific enough to ask here so you should direct your question to the Under the Hood or similar forum.

Q What mods do I need for my first track day?
A You need a helmet (probably), a car in good shape and with plenty of brake pad life remaining and that is all. Please don't ask this question. If you want to ask "What do I need for my second track day" then please by all means do so but not until you have completed at least one HPDE or lapping day first. Just check your brakes and make sure you've fairly new pads and make sure you've got a full engine worth of oil. If anything bring an extra quart. You don't need wheels, suspension or any other modification for your first track day. Come back and see us when you are done. Again, in case you missed it, TAKE YOUR CAR TO THE TRACK COMPLETELY STOCK THE FIRST TIME. 'nuf said.

Q Can I use a racing harness (4/5/6 points) with the stock seats?
A No. A harness will not work with the stock seats. You must use an aftermarket seat designed for a harness.

AUTOCROSSING

TRACK DAYS

WHEEL TO WHEEL RACING

S2000 TRACK VIDEOS

TRACK CAR MAINTENANCE AND TECH

There is a lot of great information both on the boards and in the heads of the members on here. In order to populate the above topics, help is going to be needed to compile and produce authoritative threads. I am taking ownership of this thread, updating and maintaining the links whenever new information is received. If you would like to lend your knowledge and time to add to the FAQ, I would ask you to create a new thread summarizing one of the above topics. I will update the above links as I see them posted (or send me a PM). I'll ask you to take ownership of the FAQ you create, updating them as new information is discovered and posted within them.

Please use this thread to "call" the topics that you would like to help with. Also use it to suggest new topics to be added to the FAQ.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:39 AM
            Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice
            Old 08-29-2007, 09:41 AM

Again, any comments or suggestions on content or format are welcome here. My method has been to search for popular topics and sort by the number of replies. If you feel something should be included, let it be known.
            Old 08-29-2007, 04:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can someone open up this post https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...mber+adjustment
            so that I can add some practical experience, or should I just make a new post?
            Old 08-29-2007, 04:36 PM

Also might want to put this link under "camber"
            https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...=335497&hl=spc
            Old 08-29-2007, 07:28 PM

Damn! Now we won't have anything left to talk about, or any knowledgeless noobs to hammer on.
            Old 08-29-2007, 07:37 PM
            Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Might I suggest we keep this FAQ for just those questions that are "frequently asked" rather than trying to compile an encyclopaedia of everything we've ever discussed?

Be careful of what you wish for. This should be for things that have been done to death that nobody want's to hear about anymore (first track day, what do I need type threads).
            Old 08-29-2007, 08:10 PM
            Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rlaifatt,Aug 29 2007, 08:28 PM
            Damn! Now we won't have anything left to talk about, or any knowledgeless noobs to hammer on.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by cthree,Aug 29 2007, 11:37 PM
            Might I suggest we keep this FAQ for just those questions that are "frequently asked" rather than trying to compile an encyclopaedia of everything we've ever discussed?

Be careful of what you wish for. This should be for things that have been done to death that nobody want's to hear about anymore (first track day, what do I need type threads).
            Afraid no one is going to ask questions anymore? I'd like people to be able to confidently say "Read the FAQ, there is a lot of good info in there" and mean it. Most of the topics that I chose to link have been multi-page threads that have shown to be knowledge breakthroughs in this forum. Now, they may not be FAQ, but I feel they will help newcomers to R&C get up to speed on track/competition issues with the S2000. I cannot imagine the above FAQ getting much bigger than it already is.
            Old 08-29-2007, 08:13 PM

Nice work Tom

Quick Reply: Racing and Competition FAQ