S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Just bought a PRM Jetstream Intake!

Old 03-22-2011, 05:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I should have taken a pic of mine when I cleaned it. Pretty much if you look into the end of the intake where the horn part is, you can see the filter. It is a cone shape, and it's like your looking inside of the cone, and the farther it goes in the smaller it gets. Hope that makes sense. It is a pretty big filter though since its as long as the whole black part of the intake. The horn part is just designed to smoothly bring air into the intake, but like mine I put the duct so no longer have that horn part. Yes the piping and horn are 3", i'm not to sure how big the actual black plastic peice is though. If you ever needed a new filter i'm sure PRM would be able to get one for you.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that pic with the duct, ive been thinking of doing something similar. i have ap1 and am thinking of making a vent in the cutout section below it and have a tube run up the bumper but not join onto it. so just redirecting the airflow. did the sound of ur prm change with the duct on it?
Old 04-05-2011, 03:31 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Just FYI, I just did the reverse (PRM to K&N) due to issues with the PRM breaking. I found the performance to be similar when getting cool air, but as soon as there is any heat build-up that heatshield on the K&N makes a big difference (bear in mind I ran just the plain PRM with no mods to it. Also, the PRM has a K&N STYLE filter that can be cleaned with the K&N kit, but it is not made by K&N, if you go on the K&N website you will see that they do not make a filter with the dimensions of the PRM unit.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:02 AM

It did quiet down a tad bit with the duct on it, but it's still a decently loud intake.

I also didn't notice any performance difference betweent he FIPK and PRM, the PRM does get more heatsoak when sitting still but that doesnt even really matter. My duct pretty much solved that problem with my PRM. Also yes the PRM has a K&N type filter, not an actual K&N but it's pretty much identical, and clean it the same so we just call it a K&N . If you ever need a new filter i'm sure PRM would be able to get one for you.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:55 AM

I've been super busy w/school and dealing w/my spinning EDFC motors on my shocks but I'll get on it....prob gonna go w/the passenger side duct setup that I posted a little while ago (top of this page)

then a couple more aesthetics to compliment the engine bay and I'll be set (ie: crossmember cover, engine heat shield, etc...)
Old 04-13-2011, 04:58 AM
xoz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bump this for the best sounding AGREED!!! just installed mine on MY06 which has an extra bung for Air Temp Sensor, needed to reset the ECU and relearn the idle settings in order that the Malfunction Indicator Lamp goes off on the dash. Also had to do a new bypass for the Vacuum hose bung as the MY06 has aluminum piping not the hose type. In all a simple bud astounding mod.
cheers
Old 04-13-2011, 06:21 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Love my PRM.
I'm adding a FIPK airbox.
Pics to follow.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by S2KNFR
Love my PRM.
I'm adding a FIPK airbox.
Pics to follow.
Very curious to see how this turns out.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:27 AM

just installed on my MY08 few days ago. install was easy but some of the parts just wont came off easily, the sensor was easy to mount with those little rubber tubes provided, instruction was not the best but enough.
So far i feel my car probably a bit faster in mid range, thats about it.
For the sound, it just sounds good if you step on gas more than half way on lower gears, it is hard to describe, it sounds deeper and alot more unique than oem box cover off. and when WOT it sounds real loud and somehow like itbs, maybe that horn type thing made that sound.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:10 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

In for more pics/results. I am also up in the air between this and fipk, PRM just looks so much better IMO

Quick Reply: Just bought a PRM Jetstream Intake!