S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

DYI: Mounting solution and air duct for oil cooler behind bumper

Old 11-17-2011, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in the process of installing my oil cooler also i mounted mine under the left headlight... Im going to start making my shroud for it in a few days
Old 11-17-2011, 06:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool idea. Love the hoses. I hope you used compressed air to blow the aluminum bits out of the intercooler after drilling, before you hooked it up to your engine...? Btw it totally cracks me up that you have this gorgeous car, awesome build, and used duct tape. That's awesome. (I'm a duct tape fanatic myself.)

We have some folks in Atlanta who might be able to help you. It's a bit of a trip up here, but it sounds like you're having no luck in Florida. In no particular order:

Alan Cox Automotive in Marietta, GA and Blake Automotive in Suwanee, GA both specialize in S2000 repair and service. Both have done SC installs IIRC. If you're chasing electrical gremlins that aren't related to mods, they can help.

TopSpeed in Alpharetta, GA and Forged Performance in Marietta, GA both have very good tuners. I don't know how familiar they are with Flashpro, but they have tuned plenty of S2000's successfully on AEM.

I've used all four shops at various times and they are completely trustworthy, no BS, and great to work with. If you just need a tune and the Flashpro is set up correctly already, I'd look no farther than Atlanta. But if you need help getting into the specifics of the Flashpro itself, then I agree it's worth paying for an Evans e-tune to get him to look over your Flashpro setup.

One of the best S2000 tuners around here is Ed Senf, who can sometimes be found at Balanced Performance. But scheduling with him seems to involve long lead times (I've tried), apparently because he travels a lot with race teams. He's apparently very proficient with Kpro, though I don't know about Flashpro.

I'm trying to sort out a similar issue myself - I just replaced $400 worth of sensors and crap to no avail, only to discover that my E-manage had gone batshit. So I'm considering Kpro to pass emissions, but am thinking I might want Evans to do the intiial setup and maybe an e-tune before I take it to a dyno for fine-tuning.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:52 PM

Duct tape rules if you dont see it! lol

thank you for all of the info... I really wish I was closer, but if I can somehow maange the time and logistics to get up there, I will definitely look into all you mentioned... (copying and pasting in my files)
Old 11-18-2011, 04:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Brock - my tuner has a full shop and a dyno here in Tampa now. He still travels but it may be worth it for you to look into dropping the car off up here.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:53 AM

Why can't you guys be in Miami! Lol.

I called your tuner when he was coming down to Miami a while ago but he ended up being too busy with other cars.I heres the thing: there's no telling how long it would take to fix my issues, so what would I do in the meantime while I'm up there? I have too much stuff going on with my schedule back at home (job, school, etc) to be able to bring it somewhere really far with no ride back without knowing exactly when it would be fixed since its not just a tuning issue. Sucks.

There's gotta be somewhere in Miami that can be a one-stop shop. I'm going to look into andres at raw racing in ft. Lauderdale for the time being....

Old 11-18-2011, 10:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure those screws that mount the bracket to the i/c don't go all the way through, or at the very least you seal them, otherwise you just created some boost leaks.

You could build some templates from cardboard and cut out some sheetmetal instead of using ductape.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by siadam
Make sure those screws that mount the bracket to the i/c don't go all the way through, or at the very least you seal them, otherwise you just created some boost leaks.

You could build some templates from cardboard and cut out some sheetmetal instead of using ductape.

thought about that, but there would be no point in doing this if the the sheets had to be taped on in the end anyway. might as well use duct tape for the whole thing. it does the job. otherwise, I thought about welding the side sheets to the oil cooler, but unless you're your own welder, I dont see the point in wasting money and time to mold it to make something look pretty that you're not even going to see. Plus the weld would have to be perfect for there to be no space where air could come out, and there are too many angles with the brackets in the way to make that work without having to cover up the potential spaces with tape anyay.

btw, screws are locked tight
Old 11-19-2011, 06:26 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Where's your bumper? Don't hit anything!

Btw, do a lot of turbo guys take their metal bumpers off?
Old 11-19-2011, 08:58 AM

Bumper brace had to come off to do this, yes...

I don't know about others but I never had to until this project. It depends on your intercooler setup
Old 01-25-2017, 04:28 PM

hi. i know you posted all this awhile back. But were there considereable benefits from installing the cooler like you did so?

Quick Reply: DYI: Mounting solution and air duct for oil cooler behind bumper