S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Odds and Ends Vintage Photos VIII

Old 02-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Former Moderator

Received 610 Likes on 373 Posts
Default Odds and Ends Vintage Photos VIII

The Odds and Ends Vintage Photos VII has reached its limit. Please post your photos here.

The previous (closed thread is at:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/799...ge-photos-vii/
Old 02-06-2012, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool, in on post 2.

My buddy, 6-7 years old
Purebred Main Coon Cat, Classic Blue Tabby
Blue being a rare color, a recessive gene like red hair in humans
23-lbs, and not at all fat, just plain big
When he stands up on his hind feet, his chin is on the kitchen counter
The lady vet said he was the biggest domesticated cat she has ever seen
Makes a Daddy proud

He got a mild ear infection after his bath, this is him sitting on the vet's table waiting for his analysis to come back from his ear swabs. As you can see, he was not happy

Old 02-06-2012, 09:46 AM

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,649 Posts

^Doug, I love your cat. I was just thinking about him yesterday, too! I was on my ElliptiGO ride and saw a bobcat. It was sitting near the road in a rural area, very calmly. I think it was waiting for a rodent to pop out of a hole. It didn't care that I rode by within 10 feet. Anyway, I saw it and thought it was probably smaller than your cat.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:02 AM

Saturday (2-4-2012) after the usual morning of Cars and Coffee in Irvine, CA and then breakfast at Pacific Whey in Newport Beach, I walked across the street to Crystal Cove State Beach with car buddies, Tom and Kent. Tom and I walked over 5 miles on the sand but Kent has an addiction and he dropped out to play with rocks. He makes beautiful rock piles. My flip-phone was all I had to take photos and they don't do justice but here are some photos.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:21 AM

Received 2,744 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Very cool, Patty! Thanks for posting. We see little rock piles in our travels and I always wonder about them.

Here are a two from Prince Edward Island, Canada, and one from Nova Scotia.

It looks like the ones your friend made have a bit more thought into getting things to balance/stay put.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:22 AM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,565 Posts

Did he make all the vertical arrangements, including the large ones on the bottom? If so, that is amazing!! How did he get those big rocks to stay there? Very !
Old 02-06-2012, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Did he make all the vertical arrangements, including the large ones on the bottom? If so, that is amazing!! How did he get those big rocks to stay there? Very !
Yes, Kent made all the vertical arrangements. It is amazing! He does it often and has lots of practice for feeling the center-of-gravity for balancing. He's also pays attention to the rock ends where he plans to use for the touching points. I wish he'd come on here and post, himself. He's another two time S2000 owner. Had an AP1 Silverstone that he sold and then bought an AP2 New Formula Red. He's a graphic artist.

I asked him if anyone every said anything strange to him. He said once, when he was making the arrangements in Laguna Beach, a guy came up and was pissy at him for using the guy's rocks. On a public beach. Seems the guy does yoga at the beach and uses them. Kent also said that people will think the rocks are glued together and push them, to discover that they do fall. Of course this happens after he walks away and comes back, so people don't know that he's the creator.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kyras
^Doug, I love your cat. I was just thinking about him yesterday, too! I was on my ElliptiGO ride and saw a bobcat. It was sitting near the road in a rural area, very calmly. I think it was waiting for a rodent to pop out of a hole. It didn't care that I rode by within 10 feet. Anyway, I saw it and thought it was probably smaller than your cat.
Wow, I'm envious, I would love to see a Bobcat out in the wild, so cool, good for you

And honestly speaking, the Bobcat should have been bigger as they can weight up to about 40 lbs

Thanks, I just love him, he is a very funny man with a very strong personality
Old 02-06-2012, 04:25 PM

Received 3,499 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Lainey,
note the human like form?
those stacks are called Inukshuks.

someday I'm going to build one in my front yard about 8 or 10 feet tall.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:33 PM

Received 2,744 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Lainey,
note the human like form?
those stacks are called Inukshuks.

someday I'm going to build one in my front yard about 8 or 10 feet tall.
Yes, they did look like little people to me. Why the desire to have one in the yard?

Quick Reply: Odds and Ends Vintage Photos VIII