S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

How to strap down the s2000 on a flat bed

Old 01-29-2013, 05:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yes rotate it 90 degrees. As Rob mentioned the T hook is a better fit but as long as you check that it went in securely in the right spot after tightening the straps the r hooks work great too.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because I have twisted snap hooks (like the pics above), they only want to go into the hook rings a certain way. This doesn't jive well with rotating the r hooks. I think I'll use the t hooks since the ring orientation, once installed, is more accommodating for the snap hook.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by albertg
Because I have twisted snap hooks (like the pics above), they only want to go into the hook rings a certain way. This doesn't jive well with rotating the r hooks. I think I'll use the t hooks since the ring orientation, once installed, is more accommodating for the snap hook.
I have twisted too, they work great so I'm not sure what you're talking about. The only annoying thing is the possibility of them falling out before tightening them if I move it around too much. I've never had them fall out while actually towing.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:05 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I used the Mini-R hook from Mac/ They have a chain link on them that keeps them untwisted on the car. But I have since moved to something more permanent. I have installed these on my car. They are bolted a set of 90s to the center bolt on the front sub frame and a set of 45s on the rear bolt on the rear sub frame.

Here are a few stock shots

Old 04-10-2013, 07:12 AM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Strat, what's your source for those sweet anchors?

Here's what the t-hook looks like:

Here's the t-hook holes from the Workshop Manual:
Old 04-10-2013, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robrob

Here's what the t-hook looks like:

Here's the t-hook holes from the Workshop Manual:
Thanks for the pics Rob1 This is the exact T-hook that we use for trailering my s2000, and those are the holes that we use.

ALCON, I would NEVER attach straps to control arms, ESPECIALLY the s2000 control arms. Regarding the OEM chassis hook holes shown in the graphic, the holes have rubber plugs in them. so if you have never trailered before, you'll need to remove them before trailering. The T-hooks get inserted on a little bit of angle, and once in, rotate them 90' and they aren't going anywhere once tied down. Cross strap them across the trailer mounting locations and BAM, you have yourself a tied-down s2k.

I personally put it in neutral and pull the ebrake. I understand and believe there is some merit to be had in not pulling the ebrake, but the way I see it, is if the straps ever failed, the ebrake is going to give the s2000 a chance to stay on the trailer for some period of time before rolling off and becoming a 3000lb cannon ball.

Nick
Old 04-10-2013, 08:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also set the e-brake, after I have finish strapping down the car.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by robrob
Rennline

Here is a direct link.
http://www.rennline.com/Rennline-Tie...oductinfo/E04/

I will shot a few pictures when I load the car on Friday. I love them. Way easier then with R or T hook.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:07 PM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Stratocaster
Originally Posted by robrob' timestamp='1365606777' post='22464424
Rennline

Here is a direct link.
http://www.rennline....roductinfo/E04/

I will shot a few pictures when I load the car on Friday. I love them. Way easier then with R or T hook.
I knew they were going to be expensive when I saw it was a Porsche supplier, ouch. I know the rears would be very easy to get to, but what about the front?
Old 04-10-2013, 01:24 PM

35.99 for a set? It took two sets? That is not that bad for the time it saves. It is less than twice the cost of a set of Mac's R-Hooks.

The front were easier then getting to the R-Hook location on my trailer. It just reach in from behind the front wheel towards the sub frame.

I was installing one of their Tow Hooks on my car, dead center in the front bumper when I bought them. I needed a stronger hook to winch my car on the trailer with.

Quick Reply: How to strap down the s2000 on a flat bed