UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Jap Show 17th June 2012

Old 05-15-2012, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jap Show 17th June 2012

Hey everyone. S2KUK hasnt had a stand at this show in a while because we haven't had enough members interested. I'm trying to see if we can change this for 2012

Here is a link to the website so you can have a look for yourself.

http://www.japshow.co.uk/index.html

I rang santa pod and they said that we need at least 10 cars to have a club stand, i also spoke to Ian (AquilaEagle) and he is happy for us to have a stand there if we gain enough interested and also said we will supply the pop up marquee and flags.

I went last year and honestly didnt find it a chavy show such as the fast show and usc. i will try and find some pics i took and will post them up.

If you are interested in going please put your name on the list.

interested in going:
e130dan
Old 05-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

It would be good to get a presence here - years ago we did get enough people and have had a stand twice.

For those who don't click through to the website, I thought I'd copy and paste some info here!

JapShow 2012 - Sunday 17th June at Santa Pod Raceway
JapShow Test Day - Saturday 16th June

From the city streets and winding mountain roads of Tokyo to the drag strip of Santa Pod, the cult of the Japanese car has taken over the UK tuning scene, and the JapShow is the beating heart of this culture, with Europe's quickest cars competing in the Jap Drag Series, public Run What Ya Brung open to everyone including bikes, Show & Shine, Drifting, Car Club Displays, Jet Car, traders and much more.

Whether you drive a Nissan Skyline or Toyota Supra, a Honda Civic or a Mitsubishi Evo, a Mazda RX7 or a Subaru Impreza, or you ride a Suzuki, Kawasaki, or Yamaha, you're welcome at JapShow.

What's on at JapShow 2012

Run What Ya Brung Competition:
Get your car or bike on the famous track and see what it can do!£25 unlimited runs on Saturday test day and £20 for 4 runs on Sunday main day, with a full performance print-out available for each run. You will need to bring your driving licence to sign-on. Trophies for class winners. Visit theRWYB page for more info. RWYB is open to everyone on Saturday but Japanese Cars and bikes ONLY on Sunday.

Win a £200 Eibach Pro-Kit! All RWYB participants will be entered into a free prize draw for the chance a win an Eibach Pro-Kit worth £200. Details here.

Jap Drag Series: Championship Drag Racing for Europe's fastest Jap drag cars. Witness 7 second, 1,000 bhp pro cars in action with thrilling racing across 4 classes Full Details and list of competitors at www.japdragseries.co.uk.

Show Car Paddock: Whether you've got a classic or modified Jap show car, if it's something special, make sure you enter it into the Show Car Paddock. Don't leave it in the main carpark where no-one will see it, get into the show and get noticed!

The Show Car Paddock is FREE to enter, and there are trophies for the Top 5 Cars including Best in Show plus Best Bike and Judges Choice. There's no need to pre-enter, simply turn up, park up, sign up and shine up!

Club Displays/Camping: Club display and camping areas are available on a first-come-first-served basis. For booking enquires call 01234 782828, the first clubs to book get pitch priority. View further info on the Clubs page.

Jet Car: Don’t miss the 270mph, 5 second, FireForce Jet Funny Car, you’ll know its coming when you hear the air being torn apart by the massive turbine engine.

Japanese Bikes: JapShow also welcomes two wheeled Japanese machinery with a RWYB Bike class and a Show & Shine Bike trophy being awarded. Also look out for some drag bike demos on the track.

Drift Rides: Some of the country's top drifters will be giving people the opportunity to experience the sideways driving, tyre smoking art of drifting with Drift Rides available.If you are interested in trying drifting for yourself then Santa Pod holds regular Drift What Ya Brung days, full details are at www.DWYB.co.uk.

Stunt Displays: Drifters Team Maximum Lock from Malta will be performing their sideways driving, tyre-smokin’ show.

Handling Track: A tight handling circuit will be ready for you to test your driving skills not just your cars power. So if you've got a Micra or a Starlet and are afraid of the big-boys on the dragstrip then show ‘em your heels on the handling circuit! The driver with the fastest time gets a trophy. Full details on the Handling Track page.

Fun Fair Rides: All the fun of the fair with rides, dodgems, arcades and sideshows.

Traders: The JapShow trade village will have traders selling everything from ICE to performance parts.

There are licenced bars and caterers on site selling food and drink to suit all tastes and there is a cash machine in the Pod Shop.

2 Seater Dragster: For the ultimate thrill ride, the 7 second Santa Pod 2 Seater Dragster will be running at JapShow on Sunday with passenger rides available for £300. Details at www.santapod.com.

Mobile Dyno: The Rapid GB Dyno will be at JapShow, allowing anyone to get a full power and torque readout and some tuning advice from the experts using some of the latest and most accurate mobile dyno kit available.

Radio Controlled Cars: A variety of 1/10th scale electric radio controlled Japanese cars including drift cars will be racing on a special track where the public will be able to test their skills along with the experts.

Evening Entertainment: Weekend ticket holders not only get to make the most of two days of Run What Ya Brung but can also enjoy evening entertainment in Fuelers bar on Saturday night along with free camping, licenced bar & caterers and a lap dance club.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:44 AM

think i will go to this used to love the vw shows there.
if there is a club stand i will be up for that.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:06 PM

Iv went here when i had my supra, to USC and a american car weekends to, great fun! Shame its so far from me
Old 05-20-2012, 12:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is fathers day? That sucks lol
Old 05-28-2012, 03:54 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm down at Santa pod for this.

Taking part in the RWYB on saturday and then attending the show on the sunday.

I was going to put my car in the 'Show car area'.

Hopefully i'll see some other members down there