Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 01-22-2015, 07:18 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyW
Yeeeeah this needs updates asap.

Originally Posted by gbaby2089
^This.

Instagram pics will certainly do for now, although better ones...would be better.
Sorry guys I don't have an S2000 any more I sold it. Sorry guys.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by WhyW' timestamp='1421984781' post='23478471

^This.

Instagram pics will certainly do for now, although better ones...would be better.
I knew that having replica parts would get to you sooner or later, but I didn't realize it would be so soon!
Old 01-22-2015, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by WhyW
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1421986735' post='23478496
[quote name='WhyW' timestamp='1421984781' post='23478471']

^This.

I knew that having replica parts would get to you sooner or later, but I didn't realize it would be so soon!
[/quote]

Yeah I decided to start replicating the entire car. S2000 replicas available $900 OEM quality. Perfect fitment.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:40 PM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyW' timestamp='1421984781' post='23478471

^This.

Finally, now someone can do the right thing and fit 18x11 -10 VIP Modulars to it!
Old 01-22-2015, 07:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyW' timestamp='1421987690' post='23478509
[quote name='andrewhake' timestamp='1421986735' post='23478496']
[quote name='WhyW' timestamp='1421984781' post='23478471']

^This.

[/quote]

Yeah I decided to start replicating the entire car. S2000 replicas available $900 OEM quality. Perfect fitment.
[/quote]

So that's why you started building your car in 3d way back when...

It performs better than authentic right? Because I want quality for cheap. Duh.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:42 PM

Finally, now someone can do the right thing and fit 18x11 -10 VIP Modulars to it!
I don't even know what that is.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:45 PM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by gbaby2089' timestamp='1421988047' post='23478514
I don't even know what that is.
Exactly why the car deserved better.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:56 AM

20150122 Amuse dry carbon hood installed:

After a very long wait the Amuse dry carbon hood is on the car and looking rather classy. Very happy with how well the hood and bumper color match the rest of the car. If anything looks off I assure you it is just the poor lighting of my parking garage.

Don't mind the dirty headlights.

Swoon. The side profile is definitely one of the S2000's best angles and it just gets better with the R1 bumper and Amuse hood.

Amazing how much more of a presence the car has with only a different hood. It is an absolute perfect match with the R1 front bumper I think. It really manages to make the car look more aggressive and purposeful all while still being able to pass as OEM to the untrained eye.

The hood really has three main benefits. The vent is very well placed and designed. Placed right behind radiator, it creates a low pressure area that helps pull hot air exiting the radiator out of the engine bay before reaching the rest of the engine. According to Voltex's wind tunnel data, a vented hood actually provided a reasonable increase in front downforce with very little drag penalty. And finally this hood is incredibly light, one of few aftermarket hoods that really is significantly lighter than the OEM aluminum hood. At 7.4lbs it isn't even heavy enough to latch by dropping onto the latch. It is much stiffer than the OEM hood though so closing by pushing it down over the latch is no problem.

The front bumper was actually re-painted since you last saw it as well since there a few little areas that the body shop and I could be improved. The grill pieces were also sent for powder coating which will hopefully help them stay their subtle satin black color. You really don't notice the grill pieces in the bumper at all unless light is shining directly on it. And my custom mounted grill mounts work great! Very strong. I could probably hit a small animal and the grill would just catch them rather than pushing in I think.

I love how the hood looks when open as well. As you can see it was painted around the interior lip. It actually has a pretty well defined and even line all the way around the hood due to the way the simple inner frame of the hood is designed. The frame of the hood is clear coated while the main hood panel is left bare dry carbon. The interior has been protected with 303 coating. Something I will be doing now as regular maintenance.

The bottom side of the hood doesn't have any provision for the hood prop, but luckily for basic maintenance the prop can be placed pretty securely to the right of the vent. This hood is so light I don't think I will be popping it open for long periods of time when in the paddock at the track. I think without any hood prop solution I will be perfectly fine, but I have a simple idea for integrating a place that the prop can lock into a bit more securely. Initially I planned to cut a provision for the prop into the frame of the hood (a simple rounded rectangle shape) as I saw this is what ASM had done on their hoods. Doing some tests with it on the car I think the best solution is to design a simple piece that fits into the groove created by the vent lip.

Here is a closer look at the latch area and the edge of the hood. Very much like the OEM hood. You can see the area of the inner frame on the left that is opened up to allow a Mugen intake to fit without a bulge in the hood.

Because I am planning to install the Amuse Euro exhaust soon, I also decided to make a video to demonstrate how the car sounds currently. This will give me a reference point to how much the sound of the car is change with the new exhaust. The hood DRASTICALLY increases the sound from the front end of the car. Large increase in induction and mechanical noise from the engine. The best kind of noise in my opinion. It is amazing how different an S2000 with stock exhaust, cat, and intake can sound by just changing the hood, as well as adding rigid collars (which also seemed to increase sound to the cabin slightly). This is most easily noticed while driving the car, I love really being able to hear what the engine is doing. It should be interesting to see what effect the Mugen intake has on the sound. This increase in sound from the hood + Hondata reflash with higher redline is glorious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4HxgR35_eY&hd=1

Extremely happy with this purchase, and after a lot of time spent waiting for the body shop to do research and finally get everything painted, it was all very much worth the wait. It is still amazing to me that I have an S2000 let alone one with an Amuse R1 front bumper and Amuse hood. I am so happy every single time I see the car and climb into the seats, and all that joy just multiplies when I am driving it.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:54 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That Bumper ! love it !
The hood is nice, I usually dislike carbon aftermarket hoods but it matches the front very well
Old 01-23-2015, 04:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

that setup is so simple and clean! love the amuse hood!

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II