Dragon Events Tail of the Dragon (Highway US129) 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

WTD 2016 - Registration Details

Old 10-05-2015, 12:31 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WTD 2016 - Registration Details

What: WTD 2016 (Wake the Dragon) - 14th annual (Spring Season) S2000 event on the Dragon!

When: April 22nd - 24th, 2016

Where: Event Headquarters @ Historic Tapoco Lodge

Lodging discounts require reservations BEFORE December 18th.

REGISTRATION is required to attend WTD 2016 and CLOSES on March 15th, 2016.

Complete your online registration via the link above, then mail a check to ME in the amount required. Once received, your registration will be marked as "PAID" on the official thread via s2ki.com (that's coming soon).

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

318 curves in 11 miles and plenty of opportunity to socialize with other S2000 enthusiasts. Located in the beautiful mountains of NC/TN, this is an event not to be missed! (Links to Dragon area information are listed below)

The event starts April 22nd (Friday) and ends on April 24th (Sunday). A quick itinerary is included below (a complete detailed itinerary will be emailed to you before the event).

This year's event will feature the following pricing option. Details below:

WTD 2016 - DRIVERS REGISTRATION - $60

Includes: Event T-shirt, Dinner Banquet on Saturday, Event Magnet, Name Badge and admission to all event activities.

WTD 2016 - GUEST REGISTRATION - $40

Includes: Dinner Banquet on Saturday, Name tag and admission to all event activities.

WTD 2016 - EVENT T-SHIRT - $20

Great as a gift or if your guest wants their own event t-shirt, the event t-shirt will be available in 2 styles (Mens and Ladies styles). Please note that the ladies style is a more narrow, fitted cut and is a lighter weight shirt. You may want to order one-size up from your “normal” size for the ladies’ style.

ACCOMMODATIONS - HOTEL and LODGING INFORMATION

For Historic Tapoco Lodge (the headquarters), make your LODGE RESERVATIONS by visiting the link Tapoco Cabins and Rooms and select the cabin that best meets your needs (scroll down for pricing details for Tapoco rooms/cabins). Call 828-498-2800 and ask for the WTD 2016 (Honda S2000 Event) discount/block.

Additional "overflow" lodging is available with Fontana Village Resort. Please note that we will not have any hosted activities on the grounds of Fontana Village Resort but it is only a short 12 minute drive from Fontana to Tapoco (Hwy 28 to the Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort, turn Left onto US 129 South, Tapoco Lodge is on your RIGHT after crossing the dam bridge). Call 828-498-2211 and ask for the WTD 2016 (Honda S2000 Event) discount/block.

PRICING BELOW IS FOR THE HISTORIC TAPOCO LODGE

Lodge Rooms-
River Facing (Azalea, Hemlock, Sunflower) $159
Mountain Facing (Dogwood, Hydrangea, Magnolia) $149
Evergreen 1st floor wheel chair accessible suite $199
Laurel Mini Suite (Jacuzzi tub) $159
Rhododendron Executive Suite (Jacuzzi tub) $209
All lodge rooms sleep 2 people

Cabin Rooms-
Hill Crest 1 (sleeps 2) $119
Hill Crest 2 (sleeps 4) $119
Overlook 1 (sleeps 2) $119
Overlook 2 (sleeps 2) $119
Mountain View 1 (sleeps 3) $119
Mountain View 2 (sleeps 2) $119
Mountain View 3 (sleeps 2) $119
Cheaoh 1 (sleeps 4) $149
Cheaoh 2 (sleeps 4) $149
Cheoah 3 (sleeps 3) $149
Santeetlah 1 (sleeps 4)(twin bunk beds/king) $149
Santeetlah 2 (sleeps 3) $149
Santeetlah 3 (sleeps 2) $149
Santeetlah 4 (sleeps 3) $149
White Oak 2 (sleeps 2) $149
Chilhowee 1 (sleeps 8) (hot tub) $219
Chilhowee 2 (sleeps 8) (hot tub) $219
Alcoa 1 (sleeps 6) (hot tub) $219
Alcoa 2 (sleeps 6) (hot tub) $219
White Oak 1 (sleeps 2)(Full gourmet kitchen) $229

QUICK ITINERARY

(A complete detailed itinerary will be emailed to you prior to the event - you are encouraged to PRINT and BRING with you to the event)

Friday, April 22nd - Lots of Dragon driving and be sure to check out surrounding roads for a great time. Many folks will arrive on this day (many arrive earlier). Plan to attend the Registration gathering which will be held at Historic Tapoco Lodge in the evening, including a beer swap & more. You'll need to pick up your registration packet which will include your event credentials. Be sure to wear your name badge to join in (this will serve as your MEAL pass for Saturday night and admission to all activities). Lots of great times to be had.

We'll also have an early registration and "First Timer's Orientation" and "Dragon Buddy" ridealong on Friday morning. Check the final itinerary for exact time and meeting location. If this is your first Dragon event, we encourage you to join in and meet some other first timers and learn tips on driving your S2000 on the Dragon. Various group drives will also be available during the day on Friday; most of which include a stop for lunch along the way.

Saturday, April 23rd - The official "DAY" of the event. We'll roll out from Tapoco as a large S2000 group - great for video lovers and those wanting great pics of all the S2000s. Dragon driving...and lots of it is on the agenda. We'll have a group photo at the end of the Dragon (once called the Gravel Lot), and then you can check out a variety of Group Drives (these will be organized drives on various roads surrounding the Dragon) that will offer lunch options. If you choose not to do any of the drives, you are welcome to continue driving the Dragon, explore the area on your own or go back to relax at the lodge. Dinner will be served at Historic Tapoco Lodge. We'll enjoy a banquet style dinner with a recap of our event and likely a presentation to follow.

Sunday, April 24th - Say goodbye to fellow S2000 enthusiasts. Some folks will be driving the Dragon (I know, we're a bunch of crazy people), but the majority will be leaving on this day.

I look forward to seeing you on the Dragon!

-airgate (Raul)
Old 10-05-2015, 01:35 PM

Received 1,413 Likes on 767 Posts

Is there wifi and cell service at the lodge? Their website didn't say...
Old 10-05-2015, 06:44 PM

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

After 10 years with this car, it may be time to finally make the trek
Old 10-05-2015, 07:47 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by jukngene
Is there wifi and cell service at the lodge? Their website didn't say...
I contacted Tapoco and confirmed, there's NO WiFi or cell service. They do have a desktop with Internet service and landline phones.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:54 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

okay so who wants to go in on a room with the freakin hot tub? PM me....

$220/6 = <$40 a night...completely doable.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:59 PM

Okay, so I registered on the site, but do I really need to mail a check? In this 2nd decade of the 21st century, I would hope I could just paypal you!

Also, if I come up say...Tuesday, can we still swing the rates that are posted?
Old 10-05-2015, 08:10 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by RedCelica
Okay, so I registered on the site, but do I really need to mail a check? In this 2nd decade of the 21st century, I would hope I could just paypal you!

PayPal costs money. So did Eventbrite and easily accounted for $6-7 per person. Just send a check and maybe write a little note about how much you miss me.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by airgate
Originally Posted by RedCelica' timestamp='1444103990' post='23767276

PayPal costs money. So did Eventbrite and easily accounted for $6-7 per person. Just send a check and maybe write a little note about how much you miss me.
I'll send my check. Put a brick on it until I text you

I miss you like the desert misses the rain.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:21 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

just to confirm, the hotel/cabins will not be at the traditional location, Fontana Resort- I just want to be sure i'm reading this right.

a few questions- car wash facilities?

ok, only one question.

thanks for the early post to keep me dreaming every night for next 6 months about roads that aren't laid out like a grid.

see you in the spring.

darcy
Old 10-05-2015, 09:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Registered!
Cheque's in the mail.
See you in April

Quick Reply: WTD 2016 - Registration Details