Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Exhaust? Anyone selling

Old 07-07-2016, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust? Anyone selling

Looking for a local dual exit exhaust. Non stock.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:35 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I'll be putting up a single exhaust up for sale soon. EVS SSP exhaust. lmk if ur interested.
Old 07-16-2016, 11:58 AM

, thank you for the info but on reviewing that exhaust that sounds like a fair number of people have droning issues. Would rather have a dual exhaust it possible and certainly one that does not drone
Old 07-20-2016, 06:20 AM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by peiserg
, thank you for the info but on reviewing that exhaust that sounds like a fair number of people have droning issues. Would rather have a dual exhaust it possible and certainly one that does not drone
If you wanna hear drone, you should hear my current Kent Works titanium exhaust lol. But hey, its race spec, rare, and from the motherland. As far as drone go for EVS SSP exhaust, I would say out of all the exhaust Ive ran EVS SSP has none - to the least drone, and when I say least, I say least in 'resonance frequency'. When you change out parts of the exhaust, it changes this frequency in the pipes, which causes the exhaust to drone/buzz at certain RPM. All aftermarket exhaust (w/o side branch resonators) will give you a certain measurement of resonance frequency via material of pipe, length/size/diameter of piping. Whoever said they had drone issues with this exhaust probably: has something wrong with their exhaust, has very sensitive ears, or is delusional. If you want low drone, stick with your stock exhaust, or Fujitsubo Legalis.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:45 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Do you care about power at all on this car? If it's not a primary concern look for a used Mugen exhaust. It's easily one of the best sounding exhausts on the market and it has zero drone. It has such a unique and refined sound to it, it's one of my favorites. The exhaust piping is small, so you're not going to be gaining much if any horsepower, but the way it makes the car sound is more than worth it.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:03 PM

I have Tipton's old exhaust, replaced mufflers with magnaflows. Was thinking about doing a single or at least a larger dual for boost. It's the T1R sparrow.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:08 PM

Hows it sound ian? Any drone issues? No...hp isnt the main goal... Thats pretty much a waste on these cars anyway. Just wants it ro sound more aggressive is all
Old 07-22-2016, 03:27 AM

Received 1,134 Likes on 997 Posts

Make no mistake: ALL affordable aftermarket S2000 exhausts drone somewhere in the rpm range. I've not heard the $2000+ exhausts.

The Invidia Q300 (their "quiet" exhaust) drones painfully in the 3000 - 4000 rpm range, right where I drive most of the time. This system lasted less than a month on my car last year due to the headaches (literally). You can probably pick up a discarded Q300 for $300-$400 but it's way too loud for me. The stanced Civic drivers at the high school loved it.

Some of us have recently fitted the and are very happy with the Tanabe Medalion Touring dual exhaust which on my car behind a Berk 63.5mm HFC has a small drone during deceleration around 2000 rpm and during cold idle. The rest of the time the exhaust is in the 93dBA sound level range, sounds particularity "gentlemanly aggressive" in VTEC, and idles in traffic with a subtle performance note. (Tanabe should be paying me commission! )

-- Chuck
Old 07-22-2016, 07:25 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Make no mistake: ALL affordable aftermarket S2000 exhausts drone somewhere in the rpm range. I've not heard the $2000+ exhausts.

The Invidia Q300 (their "quiet" exhaust) drones painfully in the 3000 - 4000 rpm range, right where I drive most of the time. This system lasted less than a month on my car last year due to the headaches (literally). You can probably pick up a discarded Q300 for $300-$400 but it's way too loud for me. The stanced Civic drivers at the high school loved it.

Some of us have recently fitted the and are very happy with the Tanabe Medalion Touring dual exhaust which on my car behind a Berk 63.5mm HFC has a small drone during deceleration around 2000 rpm and during cold idle. The rest of the time the exhaust is in the 93dBA sound level range, sounds particularity "gentlemanly aggressive" in VTEC, and idles in traffic with a subtle performance note. (Tanabe should be paying me commission! )

-- Chuck
It's also important to note what you're pairing an exhaust with (OEM Cat, HFC, or Test Pipe), as that dramatically effects the sound/drone/volume of most exhausts.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:41 AM

Received 1,134 Likes on 997 Posts

There's evidence I've seen that a 70mm HFC or "test pipe" is less efficient than the 63.5mm versions as it induces more dramatic pipe diameters into the system. The OEM header exit is something like 57mm and dumping the gasses into 70mm slows gas velocity. And then the exhaust after the HFC or TP further affects flow and velocity.

Fluid dynamics at work.

Pretty sure the Tanabe Medalion Touring exhaust is a nominal 60mm inside diameter until it splits into a pair of 50mm mufflers. Gas velocity is theoretically nearly constant thru the system. It doesn't slow down thru a 70mm section.

Also a reminder that the diameter of the pipe makes a poor comparison as it's the volume that counts. Assuming equal length and ignoring the constant Pi the comparison is the radius squared. Ignoring a lot more physics (!) the 22% larger capacity of the 70mm pipe will let the gas flow that much slower to get the same gas thru the system. Based on diameters the prediction is only 10%.

-- Chuck

Quick Reply: Exhaust? Anyone selling