Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

AHR's IT/ST race car build

Old 09-24-2014, 03:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AHR's IT/ST race car build

Things have been going really well for me at work, and I have always wanted to build an S2k race car, so I decided to go ahead and do it!

Started with my weekend car: 2002 S2000
You can follow the build on facebook too: AHR
Here are a few pics:

(notice there's a race on the TV in the background)

All ready to go to rollcage fabrication:

So in 7 weeks approximately, I should have the car back...and I'm already counting down the days!
Old 09-24-2014, 03:11 PM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Very nice, having a full cage fabricated in assuming?
Old 09-25-2014, 01:22 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Old 09-25-2014, 02:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Excited to see when it's done. What organization /series do you want to race in?
Old 09-25-2014, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Already ahead of the pack with the fastest color!
Old 10-09-2014, 08:38 AM

Will be run in SCCA and NASA, with some interest in doing Pikes Peak in a few years, once the car gets sorted well.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:34 PM

Got the wheels all picked-out. What do you think?

Going to run 245 tires, V710's for now, may make a switch to BFG R1 or Hoosier R7 late in 2015.

Also received 1 fuel jug (need two more), Schroth FIA harness, baffled oil pan, muffler (for custom exhaust), master switch, Front lip, and some vinyls for the car design and numbers. And the Fire suppression system, full exhaust (minus the header because it seems that the factory unit woks very well), and the intake have been ordered. Still have a few items to order including my HANS device, AMB transponder, right side window net, and a fuel port setup.

Oh...and I have to install all of this too, but that'll be the fun part! Still waiting on the car to be finished with the roll cage Fab and install. Should be in 2-4 weeks though

These are just what I consider the 'essentials.' The mandatory items for getting on track, and then a few items I consider mandatory, like a QR steering wheel setup, SST brake lines, SST clutch line, ARP wheel studs, Halo seat, etc.

More pics coming soon!
Old 10-27-2014, 08:28 AM

Received more pats in:

Fire Suppression system:

More Goodies for the car:

I have decided to run primarily ITR and maybe Performance Touring or Honda Challenge this season, and I'll jump in STU for a few SCCA Majors races here in Colorado and close by in Nebraska/Missouri too. First races aren't until April, but that one is 800+ miles away from me, so I'll probably wait until the next one in early May because it's only 100 miles away.

I've also decided to run Kumho V710's this season, just because of the cost. The size I'm looking at are $100/tire cheaper than BFGs or Hoosiers, even though they aren't quite as fast. When the car gets built and sorted, and these tires are worn out I'll probably switch to a faster tire setup.

More coming soon!!
Old 10-27-2014, 02:33 PM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Old 11-19-2014, 10:20 AM

So...there have been some delays in the rollcage fabrication. Not really an issue as my first Mid-states Majors race isn't until April (unless I find a way to get down to NOLA Motorsports park for the March race). So there will be plenty of time to finish getting te car prepped for inspection, as I have all the essential parts and pieces, and a few extra bits. The biggest thing left to decide on, and one of the most important when it comes to car setup, are the spring rates. I am going to go with Penske DA7500's, but the rates are the main thing up in the air. I'm going to do some investigating into wheel rates, travel, ride height (4" for STU, 5" for ITR), etc, as well as talking with the old Honda S2000 factory backed team members to get their opinions. Probably something around 900F 725R, but those are just my initial thoughts.

I'll post pictures up when I get the car back.