Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Akkmeds Thot build

Old 05-03-2016, 04:09 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Awesome photos as always!

Completely forgot you were going to do something with your old engine lol. What are your plans for it?
Old 05-04-2016, 03:41 PM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Sweet
Old 05-23-2016, 08:51 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Started swapping out the motors for the new rebuilt old motor this past weekend

Build by Akkmed, on Flickr

Got the motor pulled and swapped over everything onto the new one, set the timing and got the pan and chain case sealed up with HondaBond. All thats left is the pulleys, spark plugs, torque down the cam caps, than put the clutch and flywheel on, then its ready to be dropped back in! Fingers crossed it happens today!

Old 05-23-2016, 04:25 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Great update, I was wondering if that motor was gonna be built. Excited to see the new one in and running. Great job on everything so far.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You've got time to post up pretty pictures of your thot but not get an engine and trans back in it? I am disappoint. Tell Bromar you need him to work off stopwatch and not sundial lol. Your adoring fans need a start up video for the gram
Old 05-27-2016, 01:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2000ABQ
You've got time to post up pretty pictures of your thot but not get an engine and trans back in it? I am disappoint. Tell Bromar you need him to work off stopwatch and not sundial lol. Your adoring fans need a start up video for the gram

Omg hahahahaha I can't wait till Omar sees this
Old 06-01-2016, 09:00 PM

Got the motor in the car this past Sunday and finished up everything that night! Huge thanks to my bros Darrell (S2000ABQ), Ali (ArmyAliBaba),Omar and my father for all the help getting this thing in and finished! Here are some pics. Been driving it around for a few days and its perfect. Doing a break in period of 1k miles before I get it re-tuned. Fuel cut is set at 5k rpm with vtec disengaged so I dont get tempted

Also put the Hardtop back on

Old 06-21-2016, 12:27 PM

Little update:

Got some new tires finally (Old ones had belt showing bad on all 4) RE11A in 255/40/17 all around and got the car aligned by a local who sets up the spec miatas that race at our local track. Can't wait to try out the new alignment out on the track and try and beat my PB time of 1:34.

Engine is broken in. Currently at 1423 miles and get tuned tomorrow at 10am! Pretty excited to see how much power I make with the new motor. Also re-did my valve cover. Couldn't find any wrinkle red paint so I just used what red I could find. I think it came out pretty good! More of a glossy finish. Here are some pics, Will update tomorrow after the tune!

Untitled by Akkmed, on Flickr
Through The Glass by Akkmed, on Flickr

The following users liked this post:
S1 S2 (05-17-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 07:06 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

update this at once :-D
The following users liked this post:
Akkmednoseflem (05-19-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 12:36 PM

It has been a really loooooong time since I've updated this thing. If you follow me on insta, than you see whats going on more frequently. I'll throw in some pics of some of the changes. Ran a OEM exhaust for awhile, painted the tips black, and got a K&N intake and was happy with that setup.

A few weeks back, I was super lucky and got a great deal on a Kraftwerks Supercharger kit! The full kit, with a 100mm pulley and a 85mm pulley, two, old super worn belts ( that I snapped instantly) a Walbro 255 fuel pump and ID 750 injectors. Blower is the c38-81. Install was super easy, and made easy thanks to the help of a good friend, Darrell. He was actually the PO of the kit. He sold it to another local who never put it on, so that guy sold it to me! lol I ran with the 100mm pulley on for about a week. Got it street tuned on that pulley and was enjoying every minute of it! The 100mm pulley is only good for about 8psi. The car moved but it needed more Swapped in the 85mm pulley and got it dyno tuned. Final numbers where 401/266 at 13.5psi. Probably could have made at least 50 more hp, If I spin the blower and motor to 9k, but Im happy at 8k for now Also still on stock clutch! Amazing since my Clutch masters fx300 crapped out on me when I only had 220whp. I'll post some pics of the clutch.Was able to swap in a OEM one super fast, thanks to the help on my good friend Omar, and Darrell and my brother and father. Got my new belts in this past Monday, the wait was killer. Nothing more depressing than making 400whp and the next day making 200 lol. Got the new belt on and have been ripping on it since! Absolutely love it! Also forgot to mention that I'm back on my original invidia q300 exhaust, and Picked up a PLX wideband. Now onto the pics!

Quick Reply: Akkmeds Thot build