Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Bubbels 2005 Imola Orange

Old 10-06-2016, 08:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like it when the frame is black. Especially with a black softtop or hardtop. It also reminds me of a blacktop NSX-R and it makes the car look lower imo.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:36 PM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

I love the painted windshield frame with a colour matched hardtop. I removed my factory black vinyl in order to have my windshield frame match my hardtop. With a black hardtop I think a black vinyl windshield frame looks better, if you have a buddy who does wraps, they could do it pretty easily for you, rather than buying Honda vinyl.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:05 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Resan
No, also in Europe. Basically every S you see with a black window frame is wrapped in vinyl.
Guess I must have missed that, I probably never really payed attention to the windshield frames.
Now that you mention it, it does make the car look lower. But so will my KW set once it's installed

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
I love the painted windshield frame with a colour matched hardtop. I removed my factory black vinyl in order to have my windshield frame match my hardtop. With a black hardtop I think a black vinyl windshield frame looks better, if you have a buddy who does wraps, they could do it pretty easily for you, rather than buying Honda vinyl.
I think you're right, the black windshield frame would indeed look better with the black hardtop on my car. But I'm only using the hardtop for winter months, and I think I like the frame better in orange when I'm driving around with the roof down. Tough choice
Old 10-12-2016, 02:04 PM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubbels**
Originally Posted by Resan' timestamp='1475769266' post='24078124
No, also in Europe. Basically every S you see with a black window frame is wrapped in vinyl.
Guess I must have missed that, I probably never really payed attention to the windshield frames.
Now that you mention it, it does make the car look lower. But so will my KW set once it's installed

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
I think you're right, the black windshield frame would indeed look better with the black hardtop on my car. But I'm only using the hardtop for winter months, and I think I like the frame better in orange when I'm driving around with the roof down. Tough choice
I know exactly what you mean, and you are right it is a tough choice.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:00 PM

Little photobomb last week:

Probably the last picture with the RPF1 wheels, I'll put them up for sale in a few days/weeks. A local guy is selling a set of wheels I have always loved and now is my chance to own them. Just one problem, he wants to find a new set of wide/low offset wheels for his car first before selling so I'll have to be patient.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:29 PM

Tried the black emblems, they're 'tweety approved'.

The car also passed yearly inspection after changing the exhaust/wheels/steering wheel back to OEM, changed them back to aftermarket again the very same day.
And Enkei RPF1 wheels are officially for sale now, hope they will go soon so I can order a few more things I want for the car.

Next up, refurbishing my OEM 2005 wheels, installing KW kit, new brake discs and pads and driveshaft spacers.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:17 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Aside from my Rio and another GPW.. I seriously think Imola Orange is probably one of the most gorgeous colors on a s2000.

Love the clean work, I'll have to look into the steering wheel you got.. tempting.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:47 AM

So do I, I never really thought about selling my white Civic Type-R for an S2000 until this one came up for sale.
I also like the yellow ones a lot, but we already have another yellow Honda so it's nice to have something in a different color, GP white would've been my first choice I think but we don't have this color in Europe. Only the pearl white/gold looking color which imo isn't as nice.

Ordered my steering wheel from the Evasive Motorsports website, not cheap (especially with shipping and import duties for us) but it's worth it, it's my second one already.
First one was a J's deep dish, which isn't that interesting with a hub and snap off because I couldn't reach the turn signal stalk.

Edit: We do have Grand Prix White in Europe, but was only available on the 2009 Ultimate Edition S2000 which is very rare unfortunately.

Last edited by Bubbels**; 02-26-2017 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:56 AM

Small update, was about to refurb the original 04-05 V1 wheels when a set of V3 wheels came up for sale from a nice guy in the UK.
So after an 8 hour road/seatrip I'm the happy new owner of 'AP2V3' wheels I'm waiting for someone to buy my V1 wheels now, once they have sold the V3 wheels will get a refurb and new tires + my new set of CR lug nuts to go with them.

The following users liked this post:
S1 S2 (03-25-2017)
Old 03-24-2017, 07:53 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Looks fantastic!

Quick Reply: Bubbels 2005 Imola Orange