Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

daily driven Track car Build--Ap1

Old 01-14-2017, 07:43 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Braking system starting to come together as well

Brake rotors on the way and then brake lines before the next season starts.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:16 PM

Finally got the first round of parts on, coilovers,brake pads and rotors intalled

after putting just a few miles on these coilovers i can say they are worth every penny. The ride is actually much more supple than oem and they seem to handle bumps alot better with the out of box settings. Can wait to get on track in few months and turn up the dials to see what they can do

how the car sits right now. Not sure what i will do in terms of ride height if i will lower it anymore. I will test fit my old set of RPF1 17*8.5 et 30 and see how they sit.if they will fit with the tires 245s on there. Something tells me they wont fit too well but we will see.

As for the winmax pads i have no verdict yet as i havent even had the chance to bed them into the stoptech slotted rotors
Old 01-18-2017, 03:28 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

U run speed sf on thunderhill b4? Never seen u around.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Singh_snisen
U run speed sf on thunderhill b4? Never seen u around.

No ive actually only run with speed sf track group last summer at laguna seca. I was driving my mazdaspeed3 then. Are you in california?
Old 01-18-2017, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by willix231
No ive actually only run with speed sf track group last summer at laguna seca. I was driving my mazdaspeed3 then. Are you in california?

yes I am. I go to thunderhill every month. And buttonwillow. Not so much at Lagune mostly cuz sound.

i run with ongrid, speedsf and ncrc all the time.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:28 PM

yes I am. I go to thunderhill every month. And buttonwillow. Not so much at Lagune mostly cuz sound.

i run with ongrid, speedsf and ncrc all the time.
that sounds awesome, i love button willow. Ive driven that in the mazda as well. But laguna seca takes the cherry for amazing sights on track. the undulation is extreme and creates a different challenge. I like speed sf alot better extremespeed because its not as crowded though last time i run with speed sf they merged bigger with intermediate which created so much pain for everybody. Had to end up making the move to a high group just to find some space to run. Have you driven streets or big willow?
Old 01-18-2017, 04:45 PM

that sounds awesome, i love button willow. Ive driven that in the mazda as well. But laguna seca takes the cherry for amazing sights on track. the undulation is extreme and creates a different challenge. I like speed sf alot better extremespeed because its not as crowded though last time i run with speed sf they merged bigger with intermediate which created so much pain for everybody. Had to end up making the move to a high group just to find some space to run. Have you driven streets or big willow?
never been to big willow. Kinda don't like dead tracks (desserts). Have u been to thunderhill? Higher elevation changes than laguna. But yes laguna has the best scenery for sure. Speed sf is good. Try ongrid. They have half the ppl than speed sf. Nice guys too
Old 01-18-2017, 04:51 PM

never been to big willow. Kinda don't like dead tracks (desserts). Have u been to thunderhill? Higher elevation changes than laguna. But yes laguna has the best scenery for sure. Speed sf is good. Try ongrid. They have half the ppl than speed sf. Nice guys too
oh man forget the dead track thing, big willow is worth all the hype. turn 8 will blow your mind. one of the few corners i have ever driven where you dont lift but rather just keep your foot in it. amazing thing to feel that. I will definately try thunder hill when i get back to cali. maybe next winter. Sucks that my track here is so flat. No elevation changes at all though that makes it a great place to learn and much more forgiving. Elevation makes a car alot more nervous.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:59 PM

oh man forget the dead track thing, big willow is worth all the hype. turn 8 will blow your mind. one of the few corners i have ever driven where you dont lift but rather just keep your foot in it. amazing thing to feel that. I will definately try thunder hill when i get back to cali. maybe next winter. Sucks that my track here is so flat. No elevation changes at all though that makes it a great place to learn and much more forgiving. Elevation makes a car alot more nervous.
lol maybe later on I will try big willow. And ya thunderhill is my fav track iv been on so far. More than laguna.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:53 PM

lol maybe later on I will try big willow. And ya thunderhill is my fav track iv been on so far. More than laguna.
trust me you will like big willow. its super fast and requires alot of trust and belief in both the car and yourself.

here is a video i found on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2DJ2sFq4c

Quick Reply: daily driven Track car Build--Ap1