Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Exotic Car Rental

Old 12-08-2016, 01:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exotic Car Rental

Figured i would post up here im sure someone else has done this before. Have a trip planned towards the end of the year and wanted to treat myself to an upscale rental. Enterprise has a week long promotion for a Cayman S at 750.00/week with unlimited mileage. I haven't settled on that car specifically yet but i want to hear from others who have done the same thing? I already have to rent either way which will run me in the 300 range to begin with so may as well have a little extra fun.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:01 PM

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

seems like a great price. I've just had some ecoboost Mustangs from the rental agencies. I used Turo (which is like airbnb for cars) a few times. In fact, I rented an S2000 and had it for a week. Was sad to give it back but knew the car I had to have.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:43 AM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

That's an awesome deal! I rented an Elise for $350/day, but it only came with 100 miles and the car was pretty beat (had over 80k rental miles, lol!). It was fun but next time I'll use Turo, as it seems more reasonable and there's a great variety available. The exotic car rental places' prices for more upscale stuff like Ferraris and McLarens is just insane. No way am I going to pay like $2k to drive someone else's car, for a day, on the street. Maybe if it's a McLaren F1...
Old 12-09-2016, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mongomery1234
Figured i would post up here im sure someone else has done this before. Have a trip planned towards the end of the year and wanted to treat myself to an upscale rental. Enterprise has a week long promotion for a Cayman S at 750.00/week with unlimited mileage. I haven't settled on that car specifically yet but i want to hear from others who have done the same thing? I already have to rent either way which will run me in the 300 range to begin with so may as well have a little extra fun.
I think you got a good price from Enterprise. As an alternative, perhaps you can consider www.turo.com. Turo provides the car insurance and the private car owner determines the rental price (of course Turo gets some percentage of it). I haven't rented from Turo but I am considering trying a C7 Corvette for my birthday.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:46 AM

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

$750 for a week in a new Cayman S sounds like a great price.

I'm sitting on a gift certificate for a 1 day rental in a Gallardo Spyder. Won it at a charity auction earlier this year. Website price is $995/day, I think we donated somewhere around $400 for it. I need to set up a date now that the weather is finally getting cooler (S Florida).
Old 12-09-2016, 10:24 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by ChiHonda
seems like a great price.
That's what I thought too. Heck you could drive that 24 hours a day and it's really cheap.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:14 PM

Appreciate all the responses pretty sure I'm going to go ahead and jump on it especially considering i have around 2k+ miles to drive. May as well enjoy every one of them! Haven't had a chance to drive a new Cayman so I'm sure its going to be rewarding. May make me want to sell the S haha
Enterprise also had the ridiculous 600/day R8 and things in that class but i could never bring myself to do it.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:39 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ChiHonda
seems like a great price. I've just had some ecoboost Mustangs from the rental agencies. I used Turo (which is like airbnb for cars) a few times. In fact, I rented an S2000 and had it for a week. Was sad to give it back but knew the car I had to have.
I have heard a lot of people are doing that now. There was someone on one of Matt Farah's one takes with a S2000 who did that.
Old 12-12-2016, 08:50 AM

Went ahead and finalized the Cayman S cant wait. Will be my first time behind the wheel of one. Hoping its not a completely stripped down model like most rentals you get but ill find out in a few weeks.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:18 AM

Sad to say i have to turn the Cayman in tomorrow but it's been an absolute blast. Didn't end up getting the S model noted they claimed it was an internet error but even a base package Cayman was fun. I can easily see why people make it the next step from an S2k. The PDK is seamless and even though it was just a base its got some kick to it. My only real complaint is the interior left a little to be desired but i'm no Porsche expert. Not quite sure if it will be a replacement for my S or not but time will tell.

Quick Reply: Exotic Car Rental