Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

MI - 07 S2000 GPW w/Red and Black Interior, SCCA STR Prepped

Old 09-27-2016, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MI - 07 S2000 GPW w/Red and Black Interior, SCCA STR Prepped

Name: Ido
Price: $24,000 OBO
Mileage: 69,XXX
Title: Clean and No Lien
Owners: 3 (including me)

I am putting this feeler out here as there is another autocross car I would like to purchase and I would need to sell this car to buy it.

This particular example is a 2007 GPW with a Red and Black interior, clean title, low mileage and maintenance records starting at 20k miles (start of 2nd owner) all the way to and through my ownership (starting at 63k miles). Additionally, I own the car outright so there is no need to worry about liens or anything of the sort.

Now onto the smaller details. This car is an autocross car prepped for the Street Touring Roadster class. It is about 95% to the limit of the rules only missing small parts like light-weight seats and brakes (both of which are stock on this car, except for the pads). Below is the list of parts on the car:

Wheels and Tires: 6 x 949 6ULR Bronze 17x9 +63 wheels with 4 x 245/40-17 BFG Rival S (around 80 runs) mounted (yes that means two spare wheels with no tires). Stock AP2V2 wheels (one of which has some rash) with some almost new Continental DW 225/45-17 tires all 4 corners.
Shocks and Springs: Custom valved by 949 Racing AST 5200 2-way adjustable shocks with #850/#750 spring rates and helper springs. AST Spherical Bearing tophats. (Additionally, the shocks can be replaced with the JRZ 3-ways I currently have up for sale for an additional $1000)
Sway Bars: Karcepts .125 diameter front sway bar and endlinks, Mazda MX-5 Front bar in the rear
Camber Adder: Custom front upper control arm delrin offset bushings (running -3.5 degrees up front, could get more)
Brake Pads: Stoptech Sports (OEM pads also included, still in good shape, replaced for better feel and bite)
Heade: Berk ceramic coated
HFC: Berk 70 mm
Exhaust: T1R 70EM Single
Intake: PWJDM Carbon Fiber modified to be STR legal (i.e. no snorkel, cut up box near radiator shroud)
Tune: Flashpro remote tune from Karcepts (Flashpro paired to car included)
Catch Can: Mike Norris catch can from Speed Engineering (originally designed for LS engines)
Battery: Battery Tender LiFePo lightweight battery (1.5 lbs)

ALL STOCK PARTS INCLUDED IN SALE. Also including spare half-shaft, slave and master cylinders.

This car is mechanically extremely sound with known maintenance history and only a year of autocross use in it's life. The interior is the best part of this car, it is nearly immaculate save for a slightly collapsed driver side bolster and the steering wheel badge being worn. I even have a replacement driver side red floor mat that is in immaculate condition. Additionally, the fenders have not been modified at all, not even rolled, an advantage of running the correct offset wheels. This car was also never driven in winters and as such has very little rust; I won't say zero because there is some surface rust on some nuts and bolts and the cast iron control arms. All of the suspension bolts are clean and easy to brake, even the compliance bushings are still functional and free.

The exterior on the other hand, is not as great. There are some rock chips on the front of the car, the front bumper does not have a matching VIN and has curb rash on the bottom of it and when looked at up close, the paint is spider webbing in a couple spots. The rear bumper and trunk are also missing their VINs, not sure why or how as this car has no accident reported in its VIN history at all. All other parts of this car have matching VINs. Finally, there is a dent on the driver side front fender at the corner of the wheel well from a cold day of autocross and an encounter with a nefarious cone base. Overall, the car looks great and the panels all fit right, but if you have an eye for detail, you will find some problems with the exterior. Finally, the soft-top has small rips in the extremely common spots. I planned on patching these with OEM patches, but never got around to it (the patch would be included in the sale.

I chose to be forthright about the problems with this car because too many S2000s are advertised falsely, myself being a victim of this in my search for a pristine one. What you get with this example is a rare GPW color combination, clean title, low mileage, known service history, and the best combination of bolt-ons and suspension components you can buy. The price is OBO, but I know what the car is worth to me so please, don't come to me with low-ball offers, I will simply kindly decline them.

Thank you for taking the time to read this long ad.
Attached Thumbnails MI - 07 S2000 GPW w/Red and Black Interior, SCCA STR Prepped-20151018_132708.jpg   MI - 07 S2000 GPW w/Red and Black Interior, SCCA STR Prepped-20151018_181919.jpg   MI - 07 S2000 GPW w/Red and Black Interior, SCCA STR Prepped-20151108_095848.jpg   MI - 07 S2000 GPW w/Red and Black Interior, SCCA STR Prepped-dsc03724_dxo.jpg  
Old 09-29-2016, 01:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump for a fellow Michigander and a very desirable combo.

I'd be interested but I'm looking for a more stock/less track-autocross prepped car.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:17 PM

Bump. Still available.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:23 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Saw the jrz sold, you gonna keep this now??
Im probably gonna sell my penskes now, if you are keeping it ;-)
Old 02-08-2017, 08:19 PM

Is the car still for sale?