S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Axial Flow Supercharger

Old 02-04-2005, 07:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Axial Flow Supercharger

SIZE=14] Honda S2k ownwers, I make a unique supercharger of the axial flow design. This is the same sort of air compression used in jet aircraft. If you've ever looked inside the inlet of a modern jet engine you've seen an axial flow compressor. They are the most efficient form of compression that is know, by far.

In test with my V-8 size we have produced double the increase of competitors.
This is a very hard device to design and build as you can see by the pictures.
That is why it is not a commonly used method of supercharging. However in the last three years we have developed a method of manufacturing these that we can produce them at competitive prices.

At the moment we are finalizing the Mazda RX 8 blower. You are welcome to go to the Rx8 club.com forum and follow that thread. As it turns out the Mazda compressor section fits the airflow requirements of the S2k. With that discovory we think it might be a good thing for us to investigate this market.

Having found right away a forced induction thread, that answered the first question. Next is to look at the adapability to the car itself. Over the next few weeks we will be delving into the nuts and bolts of the Honda to decide if we go ahead with this.

Your needs and opinions will be important to us in making this decision.

Sorry I'm new to your forum and I am having some trouble getting photos in. Until I figure it out you can use the Mada forum for reference. In there you will find some helpfull math and theorys for supercharging. Eventually these will be posted her if we decide to go this route.

Richard Paul
Old 02-04-2005, 07:54 PM

Sounds great. Im sure evryone here will eagerly wait the results of the RX8. I'm sure there would be plenty of interested parties.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:10 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

For now, because you are looking to perfect this system and are looking for comments on the technical aspects from users here, I'll let this thread stand. Once you are ready to market and sell such a kit, then it becomes a commercial post and you will need to contact one of the board administrators to get the details on how to sell here.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:22 PM

Xviper, I understand and agree to follow the rules of the forum.
As you can well imagine this is a complete design of the compressor itself. Then and only then will the actual adaption to the car take place. Therefore it is not an overnight project.

We have been working on the Mazda for six months. However that has been developing the aerodynamics which we hope to use on the Honda if we should go down that road.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

subscribing - sounds cool,
Just don't piss off Xviper

Here is the link

http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=29778
Old 02-05-2005, 06:10 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by nzaizar' date='Feb 4 2005, 10:37 PM
Just don't piss off Xviper
Richard Paul has been VERY friendly and very cordial in his PM to me. I'm looking forward to hearing about his continuing R&D on this.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:47 AM

The concept sounds good and I am hoping he will follow this thread and the RX8 site was spotty at best so I was only able to read a few pages of his thread which is like 85 pages long!
Old 02-05-2005, 08:52 AM

I have been following the development of this system on the rx8 from it's start and it sounds really cool so far. I'd think it would be easier to design a system for the s2ki because the electronics on the rx8 are a real pain to get around.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:22 AM

Richard, what kind of compression ratios are you getting? The 777 is getting ratios of almost 9:1, with the bypass, are you anywhere near there? I'd be a little bit worried about the engine if it become too efficient. But then again I'm guessing enough moola can fix that problem as well.

EDIT:
Bla bla bla, ignore all that babbling I just spouted. After further thinking and looking at some of the pics on the spotty RX-8 site, how many stages is this thing, it's tiny?
Old 02-05-2005, 02:53 PM

Richard
I was only able to read the 1st and last pages of the RX8 forum converstation.
Can you please tell us the basics of how this thing operates and what advantages it has over a roots or other type of blower.
Also what is the target HP for the S2000 and is boost adjustable via electronic means.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Axial Flow Supercharger