JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Top Secret Coilovers Installed: Impressions

Old 09-10-2006, 04:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Secret Coilovers Installed: Impressions

first of all thanks to Ben at Bulletproof Automotive for getting these for me, Ben and Bulletproof are awesome as usual.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com/catal...ail.php?ID=3406

I purchased these Coilovers 2.5 months ago... Ben said it could take up to four months to be produced... well i got them in nearly half that time.

The install was easy. not any easier or harder than any other coilover i am sure. the build quality is second to NONE! absolutely nothing i have seen comes close with the exception oh Ohlins... not even Moton compare as far as visual build quality.

Now here are my untuned impressions... the car is going in for corner balancing/alignment/tuning this week.

12KG Front/11KG Rear
4 clicks from soft Front
Full Soft rear
that's what they came preset as...

The turn in on the car is absolutely nuts. i am talking phenominal. i can not even fathom a car that feels more precise or sharp, short of a true race car.

right now the car has a bit more understeer than... i don't like that so i am going to have it tuned out.

the ride is definately firmer but i would by no means call it harsh. for me, it wouldn't be bad for daily driving but i have a bit higher tolerances than the average automobile owner.

it is so confidence inspiring that i swear one day i will wrap my car around a tree because i will think i am invincible in this thing.... it's scary how much grip it has. literally. its very intimidating. for reference i used to own a BMW with coilovers and sway bars and there is a particular freeway offramp that i could take at 58MPH... stock in the S2k it was 60MPH and first round on it after suspension....68MPH!!! and if my tires weren't breaking so much... it would be even faster... but the tires can't grip what the suspension is putting down.

i am seriously so utterly impressed with this setup that i sincerely invite any and all members on here to come drive my car. i am confident you will agree it is worth absolutely every single penny. i will follow up with better impressions one i get it setup.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you enjoy your mod.

For $3,734.64, they better make the S handle like you say they do.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:43 AM

pics?
Old 09-10-2006, 07:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pics or ban!
Old 09-10-2006, 09:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol damn almost 4000
Old 09-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Former Sponsor

"Better than anything you're running...."

Thats a pretty bold statement. What is your expertice in suspension and race car prep and driving that makes you confident enough to make this claim? I dont know you, so maybe you can make this claim, but sell me on it.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:19 AM

have fun "tuning out" your understeer? wtf. nice coilovers but honestly you should put on your stock suspension, learn to drive your car like an absolute madman and really understand the car, install the suspension and the drive like an abosolute madder man.

if you are able to drive the car to it's absolute limit on the stock suspension it will give you a much better understanding of what needs to be done with a new setup. thus. when you install the new setup you will be able to take your car to an even higher limit without breaking a sweat.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pics?
Old 09-10-2006, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by circa86,Sep 10 2006, 11:19 AM
have fun "tuning out" your understeer? wtf. nice coilovers but honestly you should put on your stock suspension, learn to drive your car like an absolute madman and really understand the car, install the suspension and the drive like an abosolute madder man.

if you are able to drive the car to it's absolute limit on the stock suspension it will give you a much better understanding of what needs to be done with a new setup. thus. when you install the new setup you will be able to take your car to an even higher limit without breaking a sweat.
Your right on with your observation.

On another note there are at least 4 other coilover sets that trump the Aragosta setup for full race/track performance.

I had these too. They are great but far from the best out there.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by ASMspec,Sep 10 2006, 12:04 PM
Your right on with your observation.

On another note there are at least 4 other coilover sets that trump the Aragosta setup for full race/track performance.

I had these too. They are great but far from the best out there.
i am sure you are right... i was just being arrogant. not quite serious.... i'll post pics after i adjust the height to where i want it and everything.

Quick Reply: Top Secret Coilovers Installed: Impressions