S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Maxrev's Super Street Time Attack 2006

Old 11-14-2006, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maxrev's Super Street Time Attack 2006

Hi everyone. I just finished all the photos, video and data logger information from the Super Street Time Attack event that I drove for AJ-Racing.

Last year, AJ-Racing was able to bring home the 1st place in the Limited FR class (street registered & Tire Tread wear Rating of 100 & above) with a time of 1:58.708. AJ-Racing was invited again this year to compete in the Limited FR class with the S2000 and the in the newly created Micro class with the Honda Fit.

The S2000 was pretty much unchanged from last year, except for few lighter weight components and 245/45/17 NT01s from our sponsor Nitto. The engine is still stock / unopened FC20 with various popular bolt-ons parts from both J's Racing and T1R.

The biggest difference was the alignment & ride height changes that AJ-R tested on the car all year and the Spoon Hardtop which were released to the market recently.

Here are some pictures from the event.

Morning Traffic @ the gate

AJ-R Fit!

AJ-R S2000

The practice session for the S2000 went as planned with few 1:57 laps, which was good enough to qualify for the fastest run class. We ran the full thread (6/32th) Nitto for the practice and the first time attack session and ran the last two sessions using a shaved set.

Making various wing adjustments and front toe setting, we were able to bring the car down to a best lap time of 1:56.773 on our last session, which was good for a 2nd place finished in the Limited FR class.

So.. what beat us?

GMG P-Car which took 1st Place driven by Speed GT driver: James Sofronas.
GMG P-Car GT2

The power and braking combined with the skilled Speed Touring drive beat us and most of the unlimited field as well. (Unlimited = anything goes, any tires, plexi-glass windows, etc)

Although we were not able to take the win for the S2000, we probably had the fastest lap times with the least amount of power. To me, this really shows how well our cars are engineering from the factory to produce some impressive lap times. Even with more power in the S2000, it would have been nearly impossible to beat the GT2 driven by a pro.

In the end, I hope our efforts makes all S2000 owners proud as a AJ's S2000 is a good example of what a stock engined S2000 can achieve on the track with the right parts. AJ-Racing worked all year to optimize the car and drove all the way from Vancouver for this event. In the end, we were extremely pleased with the results as the lap time of 1:56.773 is makes it the fastest street S2000 to run at Buttonwillow in North America.

Since this is a S2000 forum, I won't get into too much details about the Fit but I enjoyed driving the fit more then the S2000! AJ's Fit was also running on the stock engine with few power bolt-on's and was able to beat the Spoon Fit race car from Japan and were only a second behind a K24 swapped Fit.

The official results:

Some of the other cars in the event.

GMG P-Car which took 1st place overall

New Toyo R Comps making its Buttonwillow debut!

XS R32 GTR

5Zigen Super Taikyu race car from Japan

Crawford Sti.. well known in Socal Time Attacks

Mines R32 Streetcar: A fast sleeper.. my kind of style..

Zero Sports Sti

Spoon Fit

Works Evo

Rotary Powered 510!

There were rumors of ASM Street S2000 making a run at this years event but they were a no-show. The ASM Street S2000 did participate in a different time attack even in Virginia a month or two before this event so I was sad to see them not participate in this event.

I have some in-car video and data logger information so I will be positing it very shortly.

I will also post some data on shaved NT01 vs regular NT01 which should be interesting to some.

Stay tuned for more stories on the Honda Fit.

Want to say thanks! to S2ki.com and all the Racing and Competition track junkies for all of your support.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seemed like a good time for ya and reppin for the S2000

love the 3 wheelin pics
Old 11-14-2006, 11:10 PM

In what way did you like more to drive the Fit ?!
Old 11-14-2006, 11:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like fun.

Have I mentioned yet today that I think "Time Attack" is an abomination of the English language and just sounds outright stupid?
Old 11-14-2006, 11:59 PM

Good shit son Ready for another round of time attacking?
Old 11-15-2006, 12:09 AM

Nice Job Rob That winning Porsche deserves a class of its own, it would have been great to see another car win though.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:25 AM

Rob when are you going to have the Full write up of your event and driving impressions?
Old 11-15-2006, 07:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome job. Hey, if you still have the keys to the Fit, let's do the 25hr!!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

dayum 7 secs back huh?

Seems the $ should have ben spend on a turbo instead of that (nice looking) hardtop.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice write up and pics

Quick Reply: Maxrev's Super Street Time Attack 2006