California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Need your help, S2ki....

Old 10-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Need your help, S2ki....

Hey all! Hope all is well.

Well, as some of you may already know, I sold my S last week..... and got us a family car.

I purchased a couple year old/ fairly new GMC YUKON.. Its a really nice truck I NEVER imagined myself getting into such a BIG vehicle! But, it made more sense giving my situation.

Anyways, regardless of the vehicle being a GREAT one ... My purchase experience was HORRIBLE!! and I wanted to share that with the public

There are so many things that the sales guy told me that was a FLAT OUT LIE, but Im not going to get into all of it. Just the one that pisses me off the MOST.

When I took her for a test drive, the sales guy (Fred Halls) had to go inside the building to get the key out. When he came out, he used a key-less entry remote to unlock the doors.

When I noticed him doing that, I asked him "Oh, so this truck comes with key-less entry?" He replied "YES, here it is".

I thought that was pretty cool that they gave that, considering that it was a used model...and how usually when an owner is returning a vehicle, they only give ONE key back. It stuck out to me just for that purpose, and I thought it was cool

After all of the paperwork was signed, the sales manager walked us out to our newly purchased vehicle, and handed us our KEY.

Notice, that I said KEY.

When he handed me this key (Gradie is his name) I asked him where the key-less entry remote was.

He responded saying that NO pre owned vehicle comes with key-less entry, and it is the purchasers responsibility to purchase the extra remote at an additional cost.

WTF?? THIS IS NOT WHAT THE SALES PERSON TOLD ME!!

And, the key-less entry is NOT that big of a deal to me...Its the concept of the lie... that, and how once the sale was completed, I got the impression from GRADIE (sales manager?? Not sure, if he is the sales manager.. but they kept refering to him as the guy in charge) that he couldn't give half of a shit.

So, long story short... I am extremely mad!!!

When all of this went down, I told Gradie that I am REALLY PISSED OFF and he needs to fix the situation. He basically told me that he needs to talk to parts about it, and he would get back to me by Monday

ya right, I knew that he was just feeding me BS to get me to leave the lot.

So, I patiently waited till Monday (today) for a phone call back. Guess what? No phone call back.

I called him a few hours ago, to remind him about the situation, and he was really nice on the phone...Until he realized who I was... then, he pulled that "I'm too busy at the moment and let me call you back in an hour BS"

No phone call back again...

What I need you to do is (if you have time) Is call Martin Chevrolet 310-378-0211 and ask to speak to Gradie...

Mention that you read about Alex's experience/ complaint (White Tahoe purchased on Friday) regarding the key-less entry remote...

I told him that I was going to post my experience on line... and he thought that I was bluffing

Please S2ki...Can you please help me?? I want low life dealerships like this to learn their lesson and not feed BS to customers just to get the sale!!!

if I was aware of this before I signed the paper work, I would have NEVER bought the car.

Thank you, Please let me know what happens

Old 10-27-2008, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Used cars have a cool off period in California if you opted for it. Take it back.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:30 PM

Talk to you finance manager..he could probably help you out....

atleast that what i did when i bought my S2...i didnt have the right antenna and the owners manual...it took me 3 months to get it and the finance manager did everything for me..this is after i waited and talked to the sales manager and the sales person....

hope everything works out for you...
Old 10-27-2008, 05:14 PM

i am calling him right now....

i got screwed at a dealership and made a post when i bought my s2k...

i am not going to let a dealer screw anyone over at s2ki

ill tell you how it goes.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:31 PM

done...he was pulling some bs.

hahahaha.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:14 PM

Was the vehicle CERTIFIED? If so, then you should get 2 keys and 2 remotes... You should have bought a Tahoe from me, I've been a Sales/Finance Manager for Rydell since 2001... Anyhow, what's done is done.. Most dealers have return policies in place now, but the California law require's the dealer to offer a 2-day contract cancellation option on all used vehicles with a purchase price of less than $40000.00..

If you sign for that option it's a $500 restocking fee..

Here at Rydell we have our own 7-day return full money back guarantee..

If you still can't get the remote, send me your vin, and I will get you one..
Old 10-27-2008, 06:20 PM

^talk about customer service....
Old 10-27-2008, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by dwnshft & xlr8,Oct 27 2008, 06:14 PM
If you still can't get the remote, send me your vin, and I will get you one..
Old 10-27-2008, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by 1036AP2,Oct 27 2008, 07:20 PM
^talk about customer service....
Old 10-27-2008, 07:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alex, why didn't you buy new? GM is hurting so bad right now that I've seen Tahoes and Yukons for up to $15K off of sticker. And 0% for 72 months to top it off.

Quick Reply: Need your help, S2ki....