Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Sold

*PRICE RED*Chicago - S2000, 32,000 miles, ~$12,995

Old 05-12-2010, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *PRICE RED*Chicago - S2000, 32,000 miles, ~$12,995

My very brief stint with the S2000 has come to an end. Now that I have moved into the city from the suburbs, I will not drive, nor park the S2000 in the pot-hole infested streets of Chicago. Plus, my current commute kills cars and the S deserves better than that.

Stats
Name: Bungsana (Brian)
Location: Live in Chicago, work in Carol Stream (suburb). Car is located in indoor, climate controlled garage at work.
Means of Contact: Please PM for email correspondence
Description:

Purchased the car from original owner in early October of last year. Original owner had purchased the car in IL in 2000, moved to SC for a long while and then moved back to Chicago recently. He claimed that the car had never seen snow (or rain for that matter) and I believe him as the car was not only immaculate, but had insanely low miles, and was parked in his father-in-law's indoor garage with the cover over it. In the trunk were (and still resides) extra oil, lube, lug nuts, tools, tire checker, rags, manuals, and a list of extra emergency or JIC items stored in the trunk. The original owner sold me his car as he was having a baby and also lived in the city downtown, and his job working for the city limited his free time to drive the vehicle. He had kept the car 100% stock and had all paperwork on it.

This brings the car to me. I purchased the car on a whim, as I had always wanted a convertible. I realize that in the end, I am not cut out for a car such as this as it takes too much time for me to take care of her properly, especially now that I live in the city (you Chicago people know what I am talking about) and that my work is taking an exorbitant amount of my life right now. With that said, I have kept her in pristine shape. I also have the luxury of a climate controlled garage, so I have stored her in the garage during the winter but, I am ashamed to say, she has seen 2 fall rain storms with me. I have also kept her 100% stock (rare for an AP1). I have managed to get 2 digs on the body (from the road. unnoticeable unless you eye-ball it down the body line and catch the light right. I cannot seem to photograph it well) and she got towed once so there is a scratch where the tow winch goes (another reason NOT to drive this car when living in the city). That's it. She's sitting at work, waiting for a deserving owner, better than I.

I have never raced or tracked her, or even pushed her to anywhere near the red line and from my impression of the previous owner, neither did he. I did cruise down LSD during the warmer days at night however

To sum:
Pros:
- extremely low mileage AP1
- loved over the course its life
- never been driven in winter
- is and always was stock
- never tracked
- clean and debt free title
- always had maintenance prior to when needed. Had it checked out at 2 different shops/dealer during my 7 month ownership of it alone. (before and after I bought it and last week for maintenance and to prep for sale)
Cons:
- 98% body (I list this as a con as it is not 100%, new car perfect)
- I want ~$12,995 for it, as I think this is a fair price for what is being offered. Negotiable but not by very much.

I will upload pics that I took last week either Thursday or during the weekend as I will be unable to upload the ones I have due to work today.

Please no low balls or trades, as they will be politely, but stringently ignored. If you have serious intent of purchase, you can ask me any questions you like. No joy rides as I will be the only one driving unless you have a check in hand. I will accept only certified checks, and I prefer to deal locally. I will ship, however payment must be made first and all shipping costs will be paid by the buyer.

I'll shut up now. Thanks for looking.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:01 PM

OK, I only had my cell phone to take these pictures, so the darker light ones have more noise than the lighter ones.

The ones in sunlight were taken early last week and the ones that are darker were taken early morning today in a garage as it was raining out then. In the last 2 indoor ones, you can see where the small dent is (looks like a door ding) and where the scratch from the winch is. Other than that its in amazing condition for a 10+ year old vehicle.

If someone wants better pictures, I'll try to take them over the weekend, so let me know.

Thanks.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:53 AM

ttt
Old 05-23-2010, 02:44 PM

The weather is fantastic here in Chicago right now!
Old 05-24-2010, 06:07 AM

it was nice out this past weekend so i took her out for a spin and decided to add some more pics.

You'll be able to to better see the cosmetic damage to the front bumper (winch) in the second picture.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:21 AM

ugh, i dont need this sold, but i'd rather just get rid of it so i dont have to worry about it.

thus...

PRICE DROP!

from $15,000 to $13,995.

OBO, so still negotiable, but please, still no trades.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:58 AM

Can u pm me ur best price willing to travel over there fron nj to pick up. Thanks
Old 05-27-2010, 05:53 AM

PMs sent
Old 05-28-2010, 06:11 AM

nothing concrete yet, so keep the offers coming!
Old 06-01-2010, 07:53 AM

took it out for the long weekend. drives like a charm and is the most fun car i've ever had. lots of envious looks this past weekend as well.

Quick Reply: *PRICE RED*Chicago - S2000, 32,000 miles, ~$12,995