Jacksonville 1st Coast S2000 Owners

The FIRM (Florida International Rally & Motorsport Park)

Old 11-24-2015, 08:24 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default The FIRM (Florida International Rally & Motorsport Park)

Open Track Days at The FIRM is a low-cost way to test the setup of your car and improve your driving skills.

Are you frustrated having to drive your car on the streets or highway? Want to see how fast you can go, safe, legal, and cheap?

Come to The FIRM for our Track Attack Open Track Weekend, come Saturday or Sunday for $199 ($249 the day of the event) or BOTH days for $350, 7% Florida Sales Tax is included. Guests and crew pay $10 each to enter, we also allow passengers for only $25! On-line registration ends at 11 pm the day prior to the event after which you will have to register at the event. No speed limits, no cops, and no traffic lights. Just bring your car and a SA2005 or newer helmet.

Check out the link: Open Track Day

Upcoming event dates:
Saturdays:
5 December 2015
19 December 2015

Saturday and Sunday (you choose or go both days)
2 Jan 2016

Old 11-25-2015, 01:48 AM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Good fun. I have to try it soon. It's in our backyard.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay well found out some info today about renting out the track for us S2k folks (and anyone else that wants to join)

I talked to Kim who was very helpful, she explained to me that it was (forgot the exact prices but im pretty sure these are close) that it would be 2750 for the weekday and 3250 for the weekend, for the rental
Now, if we do more than 6 cars (which would probably be best for price wise) it would be additional $450. She didn’t mention what the max would be but I think we wouldn’t want to go over 20..
So doing some quick math

Weekend prices
15 cars = $247
20 cars = $185
Week day
15 cars = $214
20 cars = $160

Now I’m guessing there might be some fees and tax so I would assume it might be about $10-15 more per person depending upon that. Now I checked for the month of January 10 but saw that a bunch of people were going to Daytona so if you guess would want to pick a date we could try and reserve it ahead of time. She also mentioned that the OEM s2000 bars are okay and would pass their registration/regulations for racing.
Old 11-26-2015, 07:14 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not bad at all.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

25 is the limit. We just rented It for a buddy's bachelor part a few weeks back. We all put in 150 and got the track on a Friday and Sunnys to cater BBQ.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been going here for a few years now. It is a very cool track. Usually ends up going to an "Open track" style day after the first couple of run groups.

Just went to one this past weekend and there were ~20 cars. Very relaxed format.

My run from this past event
https://www.youtube....h?v=K6Z90dhQUsA

IMO, it is the perfect cross between a larger [real] track and an Autox or spirited street driving. If you haven't been on track before, this is the perfect place to start; it is SUPER SAFE. Only one turn where you stand an actual chance of messing your car up due to a mistake/misjudgment. For those of you who went more than a year ago, all the walls have been moved or removed and the track is run in the opposite direction. WAY safer than before!

I'm pretty much always down for one of these days if it is a Sunday or if I have about a month of heads up for a Saturday/weekday, or if it coincidentally falls on a Saturday/weekday I have off.

I'll probably plan on hitting the 03JAN2015 day.
Old 11-26-2015, 03:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Clearancing my fenders this weekend and getting an alignment. As long as I dont go crazy or have an unexpected trip for christmas id be down to go on jan 3rd.
Old 11-26-2015, 04:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nissanfanatic
Been going here for a few years now. It is a very cool track. Usually ends up going to an "Open track" style day after the first couple of run groups. Just went to one this past weekend and there were ~20 cars. Very relaxed format. My run from this past event https://www.youtube....h?v=K6Z90dhQUsA IMO, it is the perfect cross between a larger [real] track and an Autox or spirited street driving. If you haven't been on track before, this is the perfect place to start; it is SUPER SAFE. Only one turn where you stand an actual chance of messing your car up due to a mistake/misjudgment. For those of you who went more than a year ago, all the walls have been moved or removed and the track is run in the opposite direction. WAY safer than before! I'm pretty much always down for one of these days if it is a Sunday or if I have about a month of heads up for a Saturday/weekday, or if it coincidentally falls on a Saturday/weekday I have off. I'll probably plan on hitting the 03JAN2015 day.

Impressive driving, fast
Old 11-28-2015, 01:17 PM
ado

Didn't you say that a few weeks ago?
Old 11-28-2015, 02:53 PM

There are some fairly good deals on Amazon for helmets esp if you can find an open box or one that has been returned.

Quick Reply: The FIRM (Florida International Rally & Motorsport Park)