Muppets The corner of the UK & Ireland where muppetry happens. Totally off topic, word association, useless stuff and general messing about.

Motorway madness

Old 12-17-2013, 04:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Motorway madness

I was on the way to work this morning, on the M3, when I came upon a matrix sign that said "queue after next junction". However, as I passed the slip road I could see the traffic was still moving quite quickly ahead of me.

Now, I'm not normally one to ignore a direct instruction, but I'll think twice about obeying motorway signs in the future - the abuse I got when I stopped my car in the middle lane was horrendous!!!
Old 12-17-2013, 08:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have logged onto the SKUK forum and spent about 3 minutes reading your post. How do I now claim my £300 before I leave?
Old 12-17-2013, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by S2K-Phil
I have logged onto the SKUK forum and spent about 3 minutes reading your post. How do I now claim my £300 before I leave?
I hesitate to admit, for fear of showing my ignorance, but I'm afraid you have me at a disadvantage, Philip.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:40 AM

The sign said "queue on slip road" today, which seems like a much safer proposition.

Thankfully, someone else had already started one. Pheweee!!!!
Old 12-18-2013, 04:19 AM

You're lucky and obviously getting to and from work daily. Here in Salisbury, I could be stuck in this traffic jam until next year, seriously! The sign by the road works said so. It said 'Sorry for the inconvenience, but delays are likely until June 2014." Looks like I am going to miss Christmas completely.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:23 AM

Have you ever noticed the number of villages called 'Loose Chippings'? It makes you wonder what the Anglo-Saxon derivative means.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by S2K-Phil
Have you ever noticed the number of villages called 'Loose Chippings'? It makes you wonder what the Anglo-Saxon derivative means.
I don't think there's a lot of places with that name, I think it's actually an admin error, Phil. They don't actually know where the real location is - they keep putting those signs up, realising they've got it wrong and taking them away again.

Tell you who I feel sorry for though..... All the people that live in Diversion. It's the worst sign posted place in the country - one minute you're following the directions, next thing you know you're back on the road you started on and no sign of the town itself!

We're paying taxes for this incompetence you know!!!
Old 12-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Community Organizer

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

And why do they call them "ROAD WORKS" when obviously the Road DOES NOT work !!!

Minvo
Old 12-18-2013, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by minvo
And why do they call them "ROAD WORKS" when obviously the Road DOES NOT work !!! Minvo
But is a road not 'working' simply by virtue of being a road? In which case, in a literal and quite possibly autistic sense, those signs should say either 'road doesn't work' if it is being repaired, or 'people work'.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:30 AM

Received 246 Likes on 212 Posts

Quick Reply: Motorway madness