NYC Metro Off Topic All Off Topic Threads Go Here

NYC, LI, North Jersey...U guys are getting raped up there

Old 12-02-2012, 12:50 PM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Rangers still suck
Old 12-04-2012, 08:15 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by newyawkballa
My property taxes is only $1300 a year. My mother pays $4800 a year for a shack on Long Island.
How about $10K in NJ, is that good?
Old 12-06-2012, 05:21 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

lol ray, its upsetting seeing that bill no? thats how much we pay in Union.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@mndthegap You take that back
Old 12-16-2012, 06:57 PM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

There are other states I could have said, but IMO, Florida is one of the premier states with a decent cost of living in the country. 80 degrees in December, that's the difference. And South Florida is known as being the most expensive part of the state. So if u reside in those areas, u do it by choice. If u live outside of the cities, u can find some real estate steals. Houses for $50-60k. U could be owning homes in my area instead of cars.

Your parents probably came here when shit was easier and a helluva lot cheaper. A lot of people commenting probably do not have 2/3 kids. Shit isn't easy with kids in NY. U got your little one bedroom apartment, but what are you gonna do when u have 2/3 kids?
Sorry but Maybe some parts of Southeast florida i could live, but ive been to tampa/clearwater/ft. myers, and that place is DEAD. i could never live there. Even for free. Theres a reason people come here to retire/die.

Now i think Southeast florida is a decent bargain. Even semi-baller places aren't too expensive (compared to NYC) in WPB, Fort Laud., & Miami. I could care less about the weather. I honestly like the fall/winter in NY. All these are personal preferences. Just like how most of us in NY couldn't leave lol. Ive been here for work for 2 months and im dying to go back lol

Even when my parents came here it, NY was very expensive relatively. Ive had family/Fam. friends, move from other countries in the past 10 years too. Most have done pretty well from themselves as well.

Yes i don't have kids, but i spend a crap ton alrdy (since im not married). And the opportunities I've received in NY couldn't be compared to anywhere else except maybe LA. My import/export business doesn't even exist outside of NY/LA.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by s.hasan546
Sorry but Maybe some parts of Southeast florida i could live, but ive been to tampa/clearwater/ft. myers, and that place is DEAD. i could never live there. Even for free. Theres a reason people come here to retire/die.

I agree dude. I have a place in Tampa where my mom lives a very nice quiet retired life. She is just down the road from USF and despite being so close to a University it IS DEAD. I hardly pay any taxes on that property and my maintenance for a 2bedroom condo is what I used to pay in gas commuting to work a month. Sure I get a lot for little but there is nothing there.

On the other hand .. I have a coworker who rents a tiny studio the Brickell area for $1400. Much more expensive but that area is as close as you will get to Manhattan in Soflo. High rises, bars, restaurants everywhere and plenty of life all around.

To me quality of life is not just how many cars or rooms I have in my house. It's about people and culture around me. I would move back into a studio in NYC if given a chance than stay here even though I live minutes from Sobe.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Banned

I think Orlando is more popping then Tampa. But Honda theft is real bad there. I just bought wheels off a dude in Orlando. And he said his crew jacks shit. If I want action I'm only 2 1/2 hours from Miami/ Orlando.

I feel u though. Single guys are going to have different priorities. When u have kids, sometimes they change. But hey at least I kept my S2000 though I have 3 kids. The main reason is because I live down here. NY would probably want $2k a year.

But u can't deny that NY is pushing the middle class out. Everytime u turn around, the subways are going up, Verranzo Bridge has a $10 toll or something like that. They had a study on Long Island, and a real high number was paying almost 50% of their income just on housing.

Now people are ashamed of their NY accent, paying people to help them lose it. I wore that N.Y. proudly when I left, but its starting to dwindle. Shits depressing.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:36 PM

I think Orlando is more popping then Tampa. But Honda theft is real bad there. I just bought wheels off a dude in Orlando. And he said his crew jacks shit. If I want action I'm only 2 1/2 hours from Miami/ Orlando.

I feel u though. Single guys are going to have different priorities. When u have kids, sometimes they change. But hey at least I kept my S2000 though I have 3 kids. The main reason is because I live down here. NY would probably want $2k a year.

But u can't deny that NY is pushing the middle class out. Everytime u turn around, the subways are going up, Verranzo Bridge has a $10 toll or something like that. They had a study on Long Island, and a real high number was paying almost 50% of their income just on housing.

Now people are ashamed of their NY accent, paying people to help them lose it. I wore that N.Y. proudly when I left, but its starting to dwindle. Shits depressing.

Agree on all fronts. Verrazano is $13 cash money and $9.60 EZ pass. I have fam there so that's why I know. Two more years here and I am gone as well. Shit I should go now but two more years.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:01 AM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Blah blah blah...... I love the Rangers
Old 04-21-2015, 05:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where do I sign up at? Lol

Quick Reply: NYC, LI, North Jersey...U guys are getting raped up there