NYC Metro Off Topic All Off Topic Threads Go Here

Official 2015/16 NBA thread

Old 09-29-2015, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official 2015/16 NBA thread

Derek Rose injured AGAIN?! The season hasn't even started yet! LOL
Old 09-29-2015, 08:06 PM

At least it isn't his knee(s) this time, but then again we are talking about Derek Rose. I think he will still be able to play with a mask when the season starts. I really want him to have a full season, he is such a great player.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:01 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i know, wtf? i thought it was a joke when i read the article yesterday. i guess taj gibson doesn't like him...lol. hopefully it's only a few weeks and he will wear a face mask to start the season. espn had an article yesterday that derrick is thinking about free agency in 2 yrs. wtf? who is going to sign your broken self to a contract worth more than 5 bucks?

i also read that dunleavy had back surgery and will miss 8-10 weeks. that's kind of a big deal. im wondering why he didn't have the surgery sooner in order to be ready for the season opener. they did poorly without him last season for the month or so that he was out.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:42 AM

well the Knicks need to have the removal of suckness surgery so don't feel to bad about Rose. lol

Go NY! Go NY! GO!
Old 09-30-2015, 08:40 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

I'm here because we don't have one of these threads in SoFlo.

The thinking down here is that the Heat have a chance to be a real contender in the east this year. What are your thoughts?

The knicks look like..... the knicks.... Let me know when Phil Jackson starts coaching. He really should.

Nothing surprises me with Derek Rose anymore. Dude reminds me of Grant Hill in that every time it seems like he's "back" he goes and gets injured again. The difference here is that Grant Hill was a highly educated man, and Derek Rose is dumber than a bag of rocks.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:21 AM

Even the threads that are in the SoFlo section barely exist lol

Heat will be contenders but not go far. Knicks will stay out of the playoffs. Rose will crack an ankle two months in.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:27 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc
Even the threads that are in the SoFlo section barely exist lol

Heat will be contenders but not go far. Knicks will stay out of the playoffs. Rose will crack an ankle two months in.
I think the Heat have enough in them to make it to the second round, and maaaaybe the conference finals. I think the Cavs and the Hawks are the two best teams in the East, with the Heat and Bulls bringing up 3 and 4, and that's with a healthy D-Rose.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:44 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

as a bulls fan, i have to say i see the cavs taking the east. hell they would have won a ring if they didn't lose half their team last yr.

bulls will be a 3 seed and win a round or 2 then lose to the cavs again. they need to start looking towards the future without rose and his $20m salary. this will be jimmy butler's team soon enough.

miami will make the playoffs, but not get very far. maybe round 2. the east is weak once again. the knicks will fail to make the playoffs again.

hawks can really take off this season and take the #1 seed...if not, then #2.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:42 AM

Damn the Hawks really took the Knicks down at the Garden. It felt like they could not miss the basket the whole night.

The Knicks are going to start off slow and Carmelo has a lot of rust to shake off. I am hopeful but realistic with the Knicks. I just hope they beat the Heat so I don't have to hear it at work.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:12 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I hope zing becomes a stud. I really need this as a knicks fan HAHAH

Quick Reply: Official 2015/16 NBA thread