Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Here's what I dont understand with people moving away from car forums and going to facebook

Old 03-12-2016, 10:34 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Here's what I dont understand with people moving away from car forums and going to facebook

I've been on car forums for nearly 20 years now. I think forums are way easier to find information on. DIY jobs, referencing old posts that allow you to obtain and retain more useful information. Can facebook even really do that or if you wanted to find a post your friend made from 2012 because you wanted to reference it again, is that even doable? If so, is it easy? I don't use facebook, but I've heard a few people talk about how car forums are dying because more forum users are moving to facebook for that service now.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've joined a couple few s2000 specific facebook groups. Now, when it comes to responding to bolt on potential and other civic money related inquiry? I guess there is a suffering of not being able to reference the search function.
There is a greater deal of nonsense infecting everything, too.

I'm a fan of s2ki and the vast knowledge that is here, and continues to expand; facebook isn't worth it to me.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:09 PM

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,421 Posts

I'm sorry, I forgot your question. I have an Internet-sized attention. . . OH WOW CARBON FIBER!!!
Old 03-13-2016, 02:46 PM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Finding the answers to questions you have is very time consuming. It's easier to just ask the question again and let the answers come to you.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:18 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Feezy
Finding the answers to questions you have is very time consuming. It's easier to just ask the question again and let the answers come to you.
Until the question is: How do I drop my trans and replace my clutch
Old 03-14-2016, 03:08 PM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by RedCelica
Originally Posted by Feezy' timestamp='1457909198' post='23907458
Until the question is: How do I drop my trans and replace my clutch
Haha.

Man, you should see the amount of misinformation and just flat out wrong advice that is thrown around on the Facebook section. It's terrifying.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The s2k talk and s2k talk & tech are very sad groups on FB...to me at least. Lots of stupid topics, bad info, trolling.
If it is a technical question someone will usually point that person back to s2ki with a link.

FB is killing the forums, new generations are not used to using forums as much as they are facebook.

If I didnt have a boring office job I know I would spend a lot less time here than I do now but I would always come here for technical and research data.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:34 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

It's a generational thing. I've never had a FB account. The old guard will remain here.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:37 AM
Community Organizer

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts

Facebook can be very flighty and in my opinion invites a lot of sarcastic or flat out wrong information. It's probably due to the short atten SQUIRREL.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:42 AM
Community Organizer

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts

Short attention span. It definitely does not promote the ability to keep/maintain long term GOOD reference information or DIY's that have been well thought out and detailed with pictures. Such as how to replace your clutch!

People just ask the question AGAIN and again and again. It makes people feel smart as they can tell that person what to do but it doesn't allow those that want to do the research and find the information out for themselves......as well as double check it to make sure it's right!

Quick Reply: Here's what I dont understand with people moving away from car forums and going to facebook