Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Musical instruments

Old 01-21-2017, 03:02 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

JamesD89, that first picture you posted of the Fusion looks amazing. I have always been a sucker for 'natural' looking finishes.

Hey all, I'm Bryan. I've been playing guitar for close to 15 years now and it is the main reason why I have a hard time buying parts for my ap2 nowadays. Whenever I have the extra cash and I know I want or need something for my s2000, I'll do my best to avoid guitar websites/stores at all costs or else I know I'll end up with another one. I'm assuming some of you guys here have the same issue as well... hahaha.

I have bought, sold, and flipped many guitars but recently slowed down. Currently, my stable consists of a Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG, 1997 Ibanez JS100, a Hendrix Fender Strat (the newer ones, for anybody who cares or is interested in them, the vintage 65 pickups that come stock on these sound utterly AMAZING. There's no hum cancelling in positions 2 and 4 but that tone though... words can't describe. Even unplugged, there's a certain sound to it.), an RG Prestige, and a Jem Jr. that I got signed by Steve Vai himself at a meet and greet (He signed the back of the headstock, then on the side of the headstock along the tuners I asked him to write an inspirational quote that I can look down and see whenever I play it for inspiration, Steve smiled, nodded, and proceeded to write "Be with the note". I was like a little girl at a Bieber concert.)

I figured I'd stop for now to spend more time on my ap2, and considering that each guitar fulfills a certain sound/purpose/niche whatever you want to say, the G.A.S. has been reduced recently... hahaha.

Anyways sorry for the random rant, I should probably go back to work. Rock on fellas!
Old 01-23-2017, 08:51 AM

Received 1,424 Likes on 954 Posts

Cool stuff! Are the Vintage '65 pups Fender made? What kinda amps & pedals you use?
Old 01-23-2017, 12:16 PM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by The Prophet.
JamesD89, that first picture you posted of the Fusion looks amazing. I have always been a sucker for 'natural' looking finishes.

Hey all, I'm Bryan. I've been playing guitar for close to 15 years now and it is the main reason why I have a hard time buying parts for my ap2 nowadays. Whenever I have the extra cash and I know I want or need something for my s2000, I'll do my best to avoid guitar websites/stores at all costs or else I know I'll end up with another one. I'm assuming some of you guys here have the same issue as well... hahaha.

I have bought, sold, and flipped many guitars but recently slowed down. Currently, my stable consists of a Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG, 1997 Ibanez JS100, a Hendrix Fender Strat (the newer ones, for anybody who cares or is interested in them, the vintage 65 pickups that come stock on these sound utterly AMAZING. There's no hum cancelling in positions 2 and 4 but that tone though... words can't describe. Even unplugged, there's a certain sound to it.), an RG Prestige, and a Jem Jr. that I got signed by Steve Vai himself at a meet and greet (He signed the back of the headstock, then on the side of the headstock along the tuners I asked him to write an inspirational quote that I can look down and see whenever I play it for inspiration, Steve smiled, nodded, and proceeded to write "Be with the note". I was like a little girl at a Bieber concert.)

I figured I'd stop for now to spend more time on my ap2, and considering that each guitar fulfills a certain sound/purpose/niche whatever you want to say, the G.A.S. has been reduced recently... hahaha.

Anyways sorry for the random rant, I should probably go back to work. Rock on fellas!
Thanks! I actually just got a small box of misc parts from Stewmac, a set of Bareknuckle pickups, and a gorgeous burled redwood veneer in the mail. Once the busy season at work slows down that guitar is getting its third overhaul in 3 years. Won't be playable for a few months given the pace I work, but I'm already excited for the end product.

Would love to see some pictures of your collection-it sounds like you have all the bases covered. Of course, it's always easy to find an excuse for a new guitar
Old 01-23-2017, 10:24 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Get a shot of the bar in there. All part of the entertainment, right :-p

Last edited by s2000Junky; 01-23-2017 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:15 AM

Received 1,424 Likes on 954 Posts

Nice setup. You use laptop with Cool Edit Pro (or some such software)?
Old 01-24-2017, 07:27 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Have a guess
Although I haven't played for a few years now. I've "lent" my 15 year old nephew my Pearl Masters BRX kit and Zildjian cymbals as he's very keen.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:17 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by windhund116
Nice setup. You use laptop with Cool Edit Pro (or some such software)?
Thanks. Quite an investment there over the years. But no I'm not that cutting edge, far from it, still using Digital mini disc recorder/mixer as shown on the table next to the drum machine. If/when I get serious again, I need to get with current times and move in that direction with Computer/software. As you can see, all my gear is rack mount - live/studio) which was popular in the late 80's/through the nineties when I was piecing it all together over that span of time.

That Emerald green Ibanez is also that old, being one of the first Saber series and is my favorite guitar. Nothing feels as sleek and as fast, has great harmonic/tones which I appreciate primarily as a lead player.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:18 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Have a guess
Although I haven't played for a few years now. I've "lent" my 15 year old nephew my Pearl Masters BRX kit and Zildjian cymbals as he's very keen.
What kind of fuel mileage you get?
Old 01-24-2017, 12:25 PM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Thanks. Quite an investment there over the years. But no I'm not that cutting edge, far from it, still using Digital mini disc recorder/mixer as shown on the table next to the drum machine. If/when I get serious again, I need to get with current times and move in that direction with Computer/software. As you can see, all my gear is rack mount - live/studio) which was popular in the late 80's/through the nineties when I was piecing it all together over that span of time.

That Emerald green Ibanez is also that old, being one of the first Saber series and is my favorite guitar. Nothing feels as sleek and as fast, has great harmonic/tones which I appreciate primarily as a lead player.
I love those older 80s/90s rack mount rigs. They just scream "kill a 6-pack of bud and hammer out thrash riffs"

Love the 540S. Ibanez peaked in mid 90's IMO. Everything out of their Japanese plant kicked serious amounts of ass.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:04 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by JamesD89
I love those older 80s/90s rack mount rigs. They just scream "kill a 6-pack of bud and hammer out thrash riffs"

Love the 540S. Ibanez peaked in mid 90's IMO. Everything out of their Japanese plant kicked serious amounts of ass.
Thats my era

Quick Reply: Musical instruments