Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Anyone spotted new S2000 test mules around Marysville Ohio?

Old 04-27-2016, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JHo
Anybody notice that rumor article is almost a year old?
I did , lol. There was also another big buzz around December 2015. Since then, silence. I posted the first article I found that explained what is expected of new model. I would LOVE to find a newer one. Just seems oddly quiet lately which is why I was wondering. If you find more info, let me know. I am sure we would all be interested.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by bgoetz
If it has a dual clutch/electric motor BS and is over $50k the first thing I will do is sell my S2000 and buy a mint S2000 that will be what I will own forever.

If it has the same awesome 6spd, no electric BS and is under $50k, the first thing I will do is sell my S2000 and order one.

Looks like something is happening to my current S2000 if it happens
Hmmm...I guess I am weird. I get comfortable with a car and hate to part with it once comfortable. ( probably explains why I keep running out of garages). If you like your current car, never part with it!! LOL
Old 04-29-2016, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by OHSilverS2k
I am sure most of you have heard about the relaunch of the S2000 via media reports. It is rumored to be produced in Ohio even-- which only adds to the excitement. Has anyone around Marysville or that area seen any test mules out roaming around? My office is up in Detroit area and I often see the disguised cars from the domestic manufacturers on my way to the office early in the morning. Just curious if anyone has seen or heard anything about S2000. Plus, what do you all think of it being made in Ohio next to the NSX?

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...--image-update
I live in Columbus and have a second home at Indian Lake so I'm running up and down Route 33 a LOT. Haven't seen anything other than the previously mentioned Ridgeline, a handful of NSX sightings (including one screaming down the test track) and one badge-less 2017 Acura MDX. Nothing that resembles an S2000 or any type of 2 seat/convertible replacement thereof.

They did do all of the NSX development in Ohio though so it wouldn't shock me if Honda has that development team turn their attention to the S2000 once the NSX is launched. All that design talent will need something to do.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by OHSilverS2k
I am sure most of you have heard about the relaunch of the S2000 via media reports. It is rumored to be produced in Ohio even-- which only adds to the excitement. Has anyone around Marysville or that area seen any test mules out roaming around? My office is up in Detroit area and I often see the disguised cars from the domestic manufacturers on my way to the office early in the morning. Just curious if anyone has seen or heard anything about S2000. Plus, what do you all think of it being made in Ohio next to the NSX?

Hang on. I clicked on the rumor link a the top of this thread after typing my post above. I thought I knew which rumor images you were referring to, but I hadn't seen those.

I did have one occasion where I was passing the test track and a white "sports car" was coming over the track on the elevated bridge that's visible from Route 33. My girlfriend and I both commented that it looked "kind of like an Audi R8" but we both also thought something seemed "off". We thought nothing more of it and chalked it up to an assumption that Honda probably acquires many competing cars to tear down/reverse engineer and/or benchmark against. Since we were traveling 70 mph, we just assumed it WAS an R8 and WE were were the ones that were "off".

After clicking the link above I have to say the car we saw looked REMARKABLY like the images in the above link. I don't have pics and can't prove anything. If what I saw IS something Honda is developing then that would mean they've advanced all the way to a functional prototype. That seems far-fetched, but I have to say I'm wondering what the heck was driving on that bridge.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Iron Buckeye
Originally Posted by OHSilverS2k' timestamp='1461703843' post='23949195

Hang on. I clicked on the rumor link a the top of this thread after typing my post above. I thought I knew which rumor images you were referring to, but I hadn't seen those.

I did have one occasion where I was passing the test track and a white "sports car" was coming over the track on the elevated bridge that's visible from Route 33. My girlfriend and I both commented that it looked "kind of like an Audi R8" but we both also thought something seemed "off". We thought nothing more of it and chalked it up to an assumption that Honda probably acquires many competing cars to tear down/reverse engineer and/or benchmark against. Since we were traveling 70 mph, we just assumed it WAS an R8 and WE were were the ones that were "off".

After clicking the link above I have to say the car we saw looked REMARKABLY like the images in the above link. I don't have pics and can't prove anything. If what I saw IS something Honda is developing then that would mean they've advanced all the way to a functional prototype. That seems far-fetched, but I have to say I'm wondering what the heck was driving on that bridge.
....Thanks!! That is the kinda stuff I was looking for. I really feel they are out there testing them just like they do up by my office in Detroit. The Corvette mid engine mule is out there. I have seen it a couple times early in the morning. New S2000 is supposed to be NSX based so same dimensions. Honda dealers whined they did not have a halo car. I think the NSX will flop but there is hope the S2000 might be a hit.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:16 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a friend of 30+ years that works @ PMC where the NSX is being built and he has said nothing other than if it is built it will likely be there beside the NSX. That's all he knew

This is Jerry

Old 06-05-2016, 04:21 PM

Received 2,533 Likes on 1,528 Posts

Don't kid us Popeye, you have one of the new S2Ks in your garage. I heard you only take it out at night.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My sister's husband works at Honda R&D and he said they are working on a new mid engine chassis but they are not sure if it is s2000 or another sports cars.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:59 PM

Received 218 Likes on 78 Posts

Saw this rolling around my neighborhood tonight. First red one I've seen in person.

[attachment=95632:image.jpeg]
Attached Thumbnails Anyone spotted new S2000 test mules around Marysville Ohio?-image.jpeg  
Old 06-08-2016, 05:55 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I was watching this video a few days ago about the Honda R&D center, and at one point, they gave a convertible as an example. Dunno if it's supposed to be a bit of a hint or if I'm reading too much into it. The video is pretty cool nevertheless. They even mentioned that they are working on a version of the NSX (which maybe could even be an S2000 successor if they are going mid engine).

Quick Reply: Anyone spotted new S2000 test mules around Marysville Ohio?