Rocky Mountain S2000 Owners Rocky Mountain Owners Club including Colorado

New member in Denver

Old 06-17-2014, 03:00 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default New member in Denver

Hey guys, I just moved out here from Atlanta! I'm pretty excited to have the S out here with all the mountain roads, but there is one catch to living here so far. HOLY DIRTY ROADS, Denver! If I hadn't already gotten so many rock chips on the drive across the country I'd be PISSED!

Are there any regular local meets?

Cheers,
Parker
Old 06-17-2014, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome Parker!

Our roads are junk. Ongoing construction and sand from the snow keeps our cars dirty 100% of the time. Most people from colorado post on s2kca. But we we do have a few people that frequent this site. We have a few get togethers coming up.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:03 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You’re absolutely correct about the dirty roads, Parker. It’s a result of an open prairie environment, winter sanding, prevailing westerly winds, and exposed fine grain sediment deposited from the volcanic era(s). You’ll need to wash your car regularly and provide your engine with a quality air filter, such as an OEM. Other than that you’ll probably enjoy Colorado driving with its wide expanse of scenic beauty.

Welcome to Colorado!

gary

Old 06-18-2014, 07:52 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I think I'll start a street-sweeping business
Old 06-18-2014, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Sobe_Death
I think I'll start a street-sweeping business
that would be appreciated. You would probably make more money than you would know what to do with.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:27 AM

I thought they were going to use all of the legal weed tax money to repair the roads...
Old 06-20-2014, 07:32 AM

Received 121 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by spa01s2k
Welcome Parker!

Our roads are junk. Ongoing construction and sand from the snow keeps our cars dirty 100% of the time. Most people from colorado post on s2kca. But we we do have a few people that frequent this site. We have a few get togethers coming up.

I used to think Denver roads were junk coming from living in Phoenix. Now that I've lived in Nebraska for awhile, your roads are extremely nice. I don't enjoy driving my S2000 on the streets here in NE because it hurts.

I'm in Denver and Colorado Springs once a month so I am reminded regularly how the roads there really aren't bad. They're not as good as what you'd find in much warmer states, but they're definitely not junk.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
I used to think Denver roads were junk coming from living in Phoenix. Now that I've lived in Nebraska for awhile, your roads are extremely nice. I don't enjoy driving my S2000 on the streets here in NE because it hurts.

I'm in Denver and Colorado Springs once a month so I am reminded regularly how the roads there really aren't bad. They're not as good as what you'd find in much warmer states, but they're definitely not junk.
I've never driven in NE, but I've driven through all other states west of CO and ours are by far the worst. Our pot hole problem is an absolute joke, our "road repair" generally makes things worse, and I can tell you several spots around the denver metro area that you can catch serious air time. I'm not sure which parts of town you are in but they must not be the same as mine.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:37 AM

Received 121 Likes on 97 Posts

I was just in Aurora a couple weeks ago stopping through BAFB... The roads were as I remember, which weren't bad (definitely didn't see a pot hole). If you want to see pot holes and talk about them being a joke, you've yet to explore.

When I'm out there, I travel all over that state.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:18 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I’ve never thought that Colorado’s roads were too bad. But let me clarify my opinions…I’ve only traveled I-25, I-70 west of Denver and C-470 recently and all seemed to be okay other then the lane stripes are decayed or missing due to silt and sand abrasion. I normally drive in the north-west quadrant of Denver and its suburbs where most of the roads seem to be well maintained with the exception of US/SH36, which is in a never ending state of improvement. I've noticed that some of the City of Boulder’s roads suck because they’re more interested with spending on open spaces and social issues, but these are localized problems and neglect outside of the state's control. Other than that, my opinion of Colorado's roads are positive.

Disclaimer: my opinions may change when I travel extensively outside of Colorado.

gary

Quick Reply: New member in Denver