S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

CR car cover

Old 02-15-2015, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CR car cover

Hey everyone,

I don't have a garage for my CR but would like to get a car cover for it since it is snowing a lot here. I was about to buy a oem Honda one but found out its for indoor use only. I found that science of speed makes a nice outdoor cover for the car as well. has anyone bought the science of speed car cover?
Old 02-15-2015, 08:06 PM

There's also salt around here and the car is my daily so how do I protect it from the weather?
Old 02-16-2015, 04:07 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm not familiar with the Science of Speed cover, it looks like a good product especially for the money. My other suggestion would be the CoverCraft Hp or HD car cover. The HP is the less bulky one of the two, if that is a concern and has the softer inner fleecing for paint protection.

As for the salt exposure, that's a tough call, but frequent rinsing of the underside (especially any small crevices) of the car is your best option. Once winter is over if you intend to daily drive it you might have to consider some under body sealer. You would have to thoroughly prep/clean those metal areas first then apply undercoating. What tires are you using? I assume you have dedicated winter tires and wheels for snow, etc. Hope this info helps, stay save while driving this winter.

CoverCraft: Note these are weather resistant, you do not want weather proof covers.

http://www.covercraft.com/cartlink/i...t&prod_id=cchp
Old 02-23-2015, 02:08 PM
S2KI Editor

Honda makes two OEM covers, one that is dedicated indoor and one that is outdoor. I purchased the outdoor version this year (even though my CR is stored inside) but i'm very happy with it. It is very thick and sturdy. It is actually made from "Block-It" material which is the same as one of the covercraft options. I think I read somewhere that the honda OEM covers are actually covercraft covers that are made for honda, but I could be wrong on that fact.

I haven't heard of science of speed, so i can't say anything about that.

I personally wouldn't put the car cover on my CR unless it is clean and waxed. I would guess that putting a car cover on a dirty/salty car would do more damage to the paint than leaving it uncovered in snow would. Not to mention salt particles would get stuck on the inside of the cover.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:03 PM

^^^^

You are correct Desiree, you never want to put a car cover over a dirty (or salt encrusted) vehicle. Either one is highly abrasive.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:17 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Can someone tell me the part number for the outdoor cr specific car cover. I don't want to order the wrong one
Old 05-12-2016, 10:54 AM

I don't believe there was a specific "outdoor" CR cover, if I'm wrong I've never seen it. CoverCraft makes both indoor and outdoor covers which are high quality. Using their website you can specify a cover for the CR and also add mirror/antenna pockets too.

Once you select the Honda S2000 and add the cover you wish to your cart the site will then ask for the sub model. Select CR and then you will be asked if you wish mirror pockets, etc.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a Noah Car cover that I bought second hand, its for outdoor rain or snow. It has a very soft inner layer. It has mirror and antenna pockets and for a base S2000 but fits the CR pretty well. I cover my car in the garage. I also have a OEM Honda cover for my hardtop when it is on the lift in my garage. My cover has a tag that tells how to wash and clean it. Dirt still gets in it and I shake it out pretty often. It helps a lot with a BB paint.
I never cover the car if it has a lot of dirt on it.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:21 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
I don't believe there was a specific "outdoor" CR cover, if I'm wrong I've never seen it. CoverCraft makes both indoor and outdoor covers which are high quality. Using their website you can specify a cover for the CR and also add mirror/antenna pockets too.

Once you select the Honda S2000 and add the cover you wish to your cart the site will then ask for the sub model. Select CR and then you will be asked if you wish mirror pockets, etc.
Agree. I've asked people about this at Honda before and when I tell them that the non CR and CR covers feel totally different, they have told me that both are indoor covers. The material is completely different but they do insist that both are indoor covers. Even the OEM hardtop cover is the same material as the non-CR cover.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:14 PM

So OEM Honda covers are not for outdoor?

Quick Reply: CR car cover