S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

S2000 CR potential purchase - asking for opinion

Old 02-05-2017, 05:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say go for CR. I dont think it will lose any value from here out. Ive been searching for CR for couple months. Finally found 12k mile CR last week. You will not regret it. I also plan to pick up Type R if its limited edition(year and total production) in 2~3 yrs when they depreciate. Im even thinking about buying another cheap s2000 so i can keep my CR low mile.
​​​​
Old 02-06-2017, 03:23 AM

Received 1,134 Likes on 997 Posts

A real collector will know these plates are not original of course so they add nothing to collectability or anything else I can think of. We all watch the car TV shows. 100 point cars are "worth" more.

-- Chuck
Old 02-06-2017, 04:39 AM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
A real collector will know these plates are not original of course so they add nothing to collectability or anything else I can think of. We all watch the car TV shows. 100 point cars are "worth" more.

-- Chuck
No one is saying it would add any "collectability," just something that is fun/nice to have since it was not included from the factory.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:34 AM

Received 1,134 Likes on 997 Posts

Understood. Keep the OEM plates in a box although I doubt anyone will notice them on or off the car.

-- Chuck
Old 02-06-2017, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Techie182
I say go for CR. I dont think it will lose any value from here out. Ive been searching for CR for couple months. Finally found 12k mile CR last week. You will not regret it. I also plan to pick up Type R if its limited edition(year and total production) in 2~3 yrs when they depreciate. Im even thinking about buying another cheap s2000 so i can keep my CR low mile.
​​​​
Congratulations on the purchase. What color you get?

I got mine two weeks ago. It's a Berlina Black with 17k miles. I'm really happy.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:29 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Two totally different cars. Spending over $40K on a Civic Type R would be an expensive option unless I absolutely wanted the Type R. Both cars are so far apart in form and function even though they are made by Honda. The platform, power, tech, and driveline are all different. For me getting a FWD car in that price range would not be an attraction. I would want AWD or RWD. Putting all that side, I'm sure the Type R is a very capable performance oriented car but the CR is epic in every way. Raw, visceral, agile, and the epitome of what a great handling car should feel like behind the wheel. Sure there are more powerful and agile cars out there today but if you look at the used comparatives nothing is quite so thrilling as the CR. I love the S and the CR just takes what an S offers to a slightly more aggressive level. Plus buying a used CR with low or mid miles is a good investment given they are holding their value. You can always sell it if it's not something that you want long term. For me, regardless of what else I buy next I will always want to keep my CR. I have a 06 S for a daily in stock form and I can say with confidence that a CR is special as it provides greater driver confidence at the limit. I know you can modify an S to a CR or beyond capability. But then you're spending more money that could be saved for a higher price range sports car.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Techie182
​​​​
If you don't mind me asking where did you find your CR and how much did you paid for it? I'm in the market of looking for one but a clean one has been hard to find. Thanks, KT
Old 05-16-2017, 03:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a really good deal. Don't think you'll find deal like this. Paid only $28k for 12k mile. Got it from guy who retired having trouble getting in and out of S2000. Drove 7 hrs to TN to pick it up. All bone stock one owner. There are some door dings and scrapes but nothing major. I think I paid around $5k less than going price. Took me couple months to find it. Good luck searching. Plan to keep this baby for long time.

Last edited by Techie182; 05-16-2017 at 03:41 AM.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I decided that I wanted a S2000 and I drove a CR and a AP2 the same day. Sorry I was hooked on the CR. The one I drove was priced high and had some issues. I wanted one with low miles and totally original, took some time but found a good one. Spent a little more but enjoy it more.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:12 AM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Here's a link to the pricing thread stickied at the top of the forum; https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-cr...-here-1075726/