S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.
View Poll Results: What tuning system do you run and prefer?
AEM EMS
49.16%
Hondata
45.25%
Other
5.59%
Voters: 537. You may not vote on this poll

AEM ems vs Hondata

Old 01-10-2015, 08:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What if you plan on turboing an 07 S2000 and you want to run Hondata to be able to pass emissions and all That. Hondata doesn't work for 06+. So what do you do in that scenario where you don't want to run aem.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:59 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodreamz22
What if you plan on turboing an 07 S2000 and you want to run Hondata to be able to pass emissions and all That. Hondata doesn't work for 06+. So what do you do in that scenario where you don't want to run aem.
Hondata Flashpro does work for 06+
Old 01-30-2015, 07:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by riceball777
The main reason I like aem is for the flex flex compatibility. It's really is like a dream come true to be able to run 91 octane and switch to e85 and run any amount of ethonal mix with out change tuning maps and without emptying the fuel tank of pump gas or e85. The aem ems will adjust boost pressure timing all automatically by how much ethonal you have in your tank.
k-pro 4 has flex fuel compatibility....
Old 01-30-2015, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by K20iVTEC
Originally Posted by riceball777' timestamp='1416565473' post='23413068
The main reason I like aem is for the flex flex compatibility. It's really is like a dream come true to be able to run 91 octane and switch to e85 and run any amount of ethonal mix with out change tuning maps and without emptying the fuel tank of pump gas or e85. The aem ems will adjust boost pressure timing all automatically by how much ethonal you have in your tank.
k-pro 4 has flex fuel compatibility....
Let me list the things AEM Infinity can do for you...
Old 01-30-2015, 10:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Agreed! I have both Kpro4 and Infinity. Any reason why the car feels stronger with Infinity vs KPro, both 91 and both same timing settings. I have one advisor suggesting I pull the infinity and one suggesting I leave it in there. I am in an emission compliant state, with my setup I can easily swap out either ECU in a matter of seconds. Im supercharged with flex fuel... is infinity overkill for me or still above kpro4 in your opinion Vit?
Old 02-02-2015, 06:24 PM

AEM Infinity > * on this platform as far as I'm concerned. Having a super fast ECU allows the tuning to be that much more accurate, which can indeed make the car "feel faster". The Infinity also has TRUE VE fueling based on the ideal gas law, not a time based system anymore, which also lets it be a true and proper flex fuel ECU. I love what Hondata has done with the KPro4, and I used a ton of their products on my own cars (FlashPro, S300, TC, CPR), but as far as it came to the S2K, Infinity hands down.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:41 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by VitViper
AEM Infinity > * on this platform as far as I'm concerned. Having a super fast ECU allows the tuning to be that much more accurate, which can indeed make the car "feel faster". The Infinity also has TRUE VE fueling based on the ideal gas law, not a time based system anymore, which also lets it be a true and proper flex fuel ECU. I love what Hondata has done with the KPro4, and I used a ton of their products on my own cars (FlashPro, S300, TC, CPR), but as far as it came to the S2K, Infinity hands down.
+1

I've tuned on both. For me, the Infinity is the hands down winner in every which way (except for the obd2 emissions stuff obviously.)

You can't surmise that the Kpro compares favorably to the Infinity just by comparing the feature sets on paper. The way in which the feature (i.e. Flex fuel) is handled by the ECU makes a huge difference...

Also, don't get me started on tuning the Kpro. It's slow and laborious.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by 06Estukay
Also, don't get me started on tuning the Kpro. It's slow and laborious.
The graph UI needs an overhaul, anything more than a couple minutes of data and it craaawwllls. Not a problem in the new FlashPro Manager software. The FPM software is by far the slickest OEM based ECU software I've used to date, Hondata hit it out of the ball park on that one.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:43 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Totally. I learned to tune on Flashpro. Great for an oem ecu indeed.

I found the Kpro a bit buggy. Live tuning was hit or miss, which made tuning on the dyno slow. More time on dyno = more $$$.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by 06Estukay
I found the Kpro a bit buggy. Live tuning was hit or miss, which made tuning on the dyno slow. More time on dyno = more $$$.
That's cause until like a month ago KPro has never had live tuning. Very fast updates after the first flash, but their recommendation is to key off the car between updates.

Quick Reply: AEM ems vs Hondata