S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

MSLabs MS3 Plug and Play ECU review

Old 11-21-2016, 11:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Holy Molar
Did your tuner comment on tuning on megasquirt vs AEM, Haltech, etc?
My tuner did comment on tuning it, he was very impressed with the system. With the enhanced functions you can run multiple, switchable fuel and ignition tables. This gives you the ability to really get the car dialed in for Vtec/boost and also lets you have a very smooth AFR target at any load/RPM.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:45 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Did you end up passing smog?
Old 11-22-2016, 03:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 8b8bbbb
My tuner did comment on tuning it, he was very impressed with the system. With the enhanced functions you can run multiple, switchable fuel and ignition tables. This gives you the ability to really get the car dialed in for Vtec/boost and also lets you have a very smooth AFR target at any load/RPM.
Thanks.
Old 11-22-2016, 04:49 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Do you have an obd2 dongle for your phone? Would love to see a screenshot of the obd2 monitors supported
Old 11-22-2016, 08:11 AM
Jtt

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 8b8bbbb
Startup is great, takes slightly longer to fire than the factory ECU but that is expected with a standalone. Driving around town is excellent, huge improvement over the OEM ECU with improved resolution. I've yet to have any major issues with the system. I was on the fence between the kpro and the MS3 and decided to go with the MS3 due to cost and my future goals of being a flex fuel street car with the possibility to run 8 injectors.
Thanks for the info!

I've been talking to Jei about tuning my supercharger build, and he mentioned that he was really excited tuning your car. What are your plans with the car and the MS3? flex fuel with 8 injectors with FI?
Old 11-26-2016, 02:05 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Has anyone got the link to the software you use to set the ecu up?

I really like the idea of using the traction control as i have a racelogic and AEM at the moment but i like the idea of intergrating it all into one ecu. Especially as the wiring from all the wheel sensors is already done and could quickly be attached to the ecu
Old 11-26-2016, 11:58 AM
Jtt

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think they used this http://www.tunerstudio.com/

(It's from the other ms3 thread)
Old 11-28-2016, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by uh0h50
Did you end up passing smog?
I've been crazy busy during the holidays so I will be getting my smog on Wednesday. I'll post my results as soon as it's done.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by afzan
Do you have an obd2 dongle for your phone? Would love to see a screenshot of the obd2 monitors supported
No I don't have an OBD2 dongle for my phone. I will take some pictures during the smog to see what exactly is supported.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jtt
Thanks for the info!

I've been talking to Jei about tuning my supercharger build, and he mentioned that he was really excited tuning your car. What are your plans with the car and the MS3? flex fuel with 8 injectors with FI?
My plans are to build it out as a street car, I have a dedicated track car so I'm not interested in tracking it. I will be going turbo here very shortly and I want to make sure that I can retain a streetable car under low load conditions but have enough fuel to support my power goals. I like the idea of having a street car that can walk all the Ferrari's and Lamborghini's in the area.

Quick Reply: MSLabs MS3 Plug and Play ECU review