S2000 Meets and Events Post and plan your meets and events here. This is the place to find out what is going on in your area.

Outline for a possible NJ Shore meet

Old 06-12-2001, 05:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outline for a possible NJ Shore meet

I've been thinking about what a New Jersey shore s2000 meeting would be like since I found this board last April. I know there is another NJ meeting in the works, but I believe it is in it's early stages of planning. So, with deference to the other meet being planed and with no thought as of what date might work best, I'd like to suggest an outline for a New Jersey shore meet.

Meet at Marine Park in Red Bank NJ around 10 AM, nice big parking lot, right on the Navesink river and should provide for some nice pictures.

Drive from Red Bank through Rumson, taking a route that would lead us past some of the biggest and prettiest homes in New Jersey, en route to Sandy Hook National Park.

Sandy Hook.
Once at Sandy Hook we would proceed, probably slowly and in bumper to bumper traffic to the end of the Hook. We would stop there to take some pictures and to check out the views and the World War II stuff.

After a break at Sandy Hook, we would drive to two spots in Atlantic Highlands. One stop would be at a park with a scenic overlook of the water with the NY skyline in the background. This should provide us with the best photo ops of the day. From there, I would consider a stop at Twin Lights State Historic Park.

Food.
The next stop would involve eating somewhere. I would suggest one of the places along the sea-wall in Sea Bright. There are several to choose from, but for a reference I will suggest McLoon's Rum Runner. Nice big parking lot and it is located right on the Shrewsbury river.

I would guess that it would be around 3PM by the time we finished eating. We could end it there, or some people may elect to drive further down the shore, possible destinations include Belmar and Spring Lake. I'll offer to take some people out for a cruise on my boat, but space would be limited. (The Coast Guard says I can carry 12 people on my boat but I find that 10 is a realistic maximum).

This meet/drive would not include any hard driving. I just don't know of any roads down the shore that would facilitate this kind of driving, especially on a weekend during the summer.

So let me know what you think. This is in no ways meant to be the definitive word on a NJ shore meet, just my suggestions based on the areas that I am familiar with. Some people may prefer to go further down the shore, I'd have no problem with that. Some people may like to itinerary that I outlined but would suggest some changes, please do.

In regards to the date, almost any Saturday or Sunday in July or August should work out. But that will have to be discussed.

-- Tom
Old 06-12-2001, 05:47 AM

photos should be interesting at Sandy Hook since part of it is a clothing optional beach..... but hey I'm in but lets hope Gregg wont come I have seen enough of his white ass
Old 06-12-2001, 05:52 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Have we decided on date?

cheers,
Old 06-12-2001, 06:12 AM

Received 564 Likes on 507 Posts

I'd be up for it depending upon the weekend. I'd be heading down from Bergen County.
Old 06-12-2001, 08:19 AM

Sounds Great!
Old 06-12-2001, 10:25 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd be up for it.
Old 06-12-2001, 10:50 AM

Any time in July is good except for the weekend of the 21st.
Old 06-12-2001, 04:49 PM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

Could be fun, but availablity could be tight. It will depend on the weekend, but it sounds like a lot of fun .
Old 06-14-2001, 04:51 AM

Ok, how about the weekend of July 28/29.

Let's start off by saying we'll meet at Marine Park in Red Bank, @ 10 AM on Saturday July 28th. That should give everyone enough time to get there. Red Bank is exit 109 off of the Parkway.

How does this work for everyone?

-- Tom
Old 06-25-2001, 06:40 AM

If anyone is interested we could still do a Jersey Shore meet either in additon to or as a replacement for the New Hope meet.

-- Tom

Quick Reply: Outline for a possible NJ Shore meet