S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

AxialFlow Short Shifter vs. Others

Old 01-11-2017, 04:16 AM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Hi Richard,
Any news please? You said third week in December, nothing received and tried contacting you via your email, but no reply?
Many thanks
Mike
Old 02-04-2017, 08:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry Mike I was in the middle of moving. Email now works. Your shifter is on it's way.
Everyones shifter has gone out.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:42 AM

Landed safely today thanks .
Old 02-14-2017, 10:47 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Asking in this thread as well.
How would this compare to the Renegade shifter, can anyone chime in?
Old 03-27-2017, 03:52 AM

I have fitted the Axialflow shifter with the OEM shift knob and I can report as follows:
Positives:
The shift action is absolutely superb. Throw is much reduced (as you would expect) and it really makes the gear change even more positive and joyful than the standard set-up.

Negatives:
Because the shifter arrangement deletes the OEM harmonic damper built into the standard lever, there is some constant (low) back ground vibration resonance that is transferred through the lever as a low thrum that increases to a loud rattle from 8500rpm upwards. You can "feel" it in the standard lever (but not hear it, because the rubber damper isolates the noise transfer). As I am on a F20C engine, this somewhat spoils the forays up into the upper reaches of the rev range, so I am going to try some of the solutions mentioned later in the thread. However, to show just HOW good the shift is, if I can't find a solution, I will live with the noise.

Mine did not come with the supplementary Axialflow boot pictured in the second photo down on the top of Page 4.

Last edited by Mike RT4; 03-27-2017 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Found several solutions later in this thread LOL.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed my axial shifer and it binds when pushing down to put it into reverse. I have to bash it down with my fist to get it to go down to engage reverse and pull it up hard to get it back up. I think the change lever ball is binding up on the axail, the tolerances are to tight, My oem shifter pushes down and goes into revers like butter and pops back up on its own. anyone els have this issue with axail?
Old 03-30-2017, 12:16 AM

Not me - mine is spot on in that regard.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lowS2k
I installed my axial shifer and it binds when pushing down to put it into reverse. I have to bash it down with my fist to get it to go down to engage reverse and pull it up hard to get it back up. I think the change lever ball is binding up on the axail, the tolerances are to tight, My oem shifter pushes down and goes into revers like butter and pops back up on its own. anyone els have this issue with axail?
Mine did this so I took a fine file to the plastic follower Tabs (or what ever you call it) and it works perfect now.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brew1
Mine did this so I took a fine file to the plastic follower (or what ever you call it) and it works perfect now.
I know exactly what your talking abut. I was also thinking of swapping over to an oem change lever ball.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:24 AM

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by lowS2k
I know exactly what your talking abut. I was also thinking of swapping over to an oem change lever ball.
You can't. The oem parts are not compatible with the axial flow shifter...I found out the hard way. I then found out they do not carry replacement parts for the axial flow. Every single used axial flow ive seen has had substantial wear on the plastic bushing. I ended up going with moddiction as they use oem bushings.

Quick Reply: AxialFlow Short Shifter vs. Others