S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

ALL MOTOR PROJECT!....when bottle is off c:

Old 09-09-2016, 02:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chubbys2k
Originally Posted by Dman8' timestamp='1473217478' post='24056354
hi, you used a fitting on the fuel rail? I have a a full zex kit but havent installed it yet. Most people I saw, cut the fuel line and used a T-tap. Mighty Mods drilled and tapped the fuel rail. Not sure if I'm comfortable drilling into the fuel rail. Did you have to do that? or did your 1/8 npt -4an fitting mount into an existing location? thanks in advance

I had to drill a 1/8 npt in the fuel rail. The reason I did that was because I didn't want to cut my rubber fuel line. My last s2000, I did that and the car wouldn't start. Maybe I cut the wrong line but I didn't want to go through with it again. Let's say u do cut the rubber hose, one day if u want to sell the car or nitrous kit, u will need to buy something to connect the 2 rubber lines again. If it leaks u won't see it since its under the intake manifold. I like the fuel rail because it's easier to get to and see leaks. A good tip tho, use a drill press. Make sure its clamped down before u drill the hole.

Long story short, drilling is not needed but I recommend it
wow thanks for the advice. now you got me thinking. Any chance I can get some closer up pics of your fuel rail work? what options do you have when you remove the kit? just cap off the fitting on the fuel rail?
Old 09-09-2016, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dman8
Originally Posted by chubbys2k' timestamp='1473278329' post='24056885
[quote name='Dman8' timestamp='1473217478' post='24056354']
hi, you used a fitting on the fuel rail? I have a a full zex kit but havent installed it yet. Most people I saw, cut the fuel line and used a T-tap. Mighty Mods drilled and tapped the fuel rail. Not sure if I'm comfortable drilling into the fuel rail. Did you have to do that? or did your 1/8 npt -4an fitting mount into an existing location? thanks in advance

I had to drill a 1/8 npt in the fuel rail. The reason I did that was because I didn't want to cut my rubber fuel line. My last s2000, I did that and the car wouldn't start. Maybe I cut the wrong line but I didn't want to go through with it again. Let's say u do cut the rubber hose, one day if u want to sell the car or nitrous kit, u will need to buy something to connect the 2 rubber lines again. If it leaks u won't see it since its under the intake manifold. I like the fuel rail because it's easier to get to and see leaks. A good tip tho, use a drill press. Make sure its clamped down before u drill the hole.

Long story short, drilling is not needed but I recommend it
wow thanks for the advice. now you got me thinking. Any chance I can get some closer up pics of your fuel rail work? what options do you have when you remove the kit? just cap off the fitting on the fuel rail?
[/quote]

I'll grab some pics when I remember. Yea thats the whole idea that I can just plug it up if I don't stay nitrous. I can always put a fuel pressure gauge there too. I covered what I can with loom so average guys won't notice the line.