S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

2015 Solo National Tour / ProSolo Schedule

Old 11-12-2014, 03:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Solo National Tour / ProSolo Schedule

For Immediate Release

2015 Tire Rack SCCA National Solo Schedule Revealed

TOPEKA, Kan. (Nov. 11, 2014) – Sports Car Club of America released the 2015 Tire Rack SCCA National Solo schedule today, with the two national-level tours, as well as the Tire Rack ProSolo series, slated to visit many of the competition sites that have helped elevate the autocross program. A new facility is also on the docket for the upcoming season.

The National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park, in Bowling Green, Kentucky, will play host to its first SCCA National Solo event when the Tire Rack Match Tour travels there for a mid-season event, May 2-3. The facility is a multi-purpose motorsports facility that opened fall of 2014. The Match Tour event will utilize the Autocross/Skid pad.

The Tire Rack Match Tour is also scheduled to stop in Moultrie, Georgia, June 6-7. This year’s visit will be the first time a National Solo event utilizes the facilities at Spence Field since 1996.

This year’s ProSolo event at the El Toro Airfield, in Irvine, California, April 25-26, will be the last National Solo event held at the site that has become a favorite to many drivers. The first event at El Toro was held in 2001, and was used by the local SCCA Region before that. Almost every year since, the location has been utilized as a stop on the ProSolo schedule. However, commercial development is set to begin on the area in late 2015.

The Tire Rack ProSolo series will make two visits to Wilmington, Ohio, this season, with the first event scheduled for May 20-31, and the return visit slated for Aug. 1-2.

“The 2015 Tire Rack SCCA National Solo schedule is one of the strongest we have had in years with a good geographic spread and an excellent probability of great competition through well attended events,” Howard Duncan, SCCA Vice President of Rally/Solo and Special Programs,said. “The schedule came together in record time and I want to thank the organizers for their cooperative efforts in being flexible to the ever-changing nature of building a nationwide calendar of events. The new season cannot begin soon enough for the National Solo field staff team!”

The site for the Utah Match Tour is still under consideration, but the date, set for June 27-28, is confirmed. A final decision on the location should be coming within the next month.

Below is a complete list of the national-level Solo events scheduled for the upcoming year:

2015 Tire Rack SCCA National Solo Schedule

Tire Rack National Tour (Champ Tour and Match Tour): 13 events
•March 14-15: Cecil, Ga. – South Georgia Motorsports Park (CT)
•March 21-22: San Diego, Calif. – Qualcomm Stadium (CT)
•April 11-12: College Station, Texas – Texas A&M University Annex (CT)
•April 18-19: Crows Landing, Calif. – Crows Landing Air Facility (CT)
•May 2-3: Bowling Green, Ky. – NCM Motorsports Park (MT)
•May 24-25: Lincoln, Neb. – Lincoln Air Park West (CT)
•June 6-7: Moultrie, Ga. – Spence Field (MT)
•June 13-14: Fountain, Colo. – Pikes Peak Int’l. Raceway (CT)
•June 13-14: Ayer, Mass. – Devens Airfield (CT)
•June 27-28: Utah – TBD (MT)
•July 11-12: Packwood, Wash. – Hampton Mills (CT)
•July 18-19: Toledo, Ohio – Toledo Express Airport (MT)
•August 8-9: Wilmington, Ohio – Wilmington Airport (CT)

43rd Tire Rack Solo National Championship
•September 8-11: Lincoln, Neb. – Lincoln Airpark West

Tire Rack ProSolo National Series: 11 events
•March 7-8: Blytheville, Ark. – Arkansas Aeroplex
•March 28-29: Irvine, Calif. – El Toro Airfield
•April 25-26: Crows Landing, Calif. – Crows Landing Air Facility
•May 9-10: East Rutherford, N.J. – Met Life Stadium
•May 22-23: Lincoln, Neb. – Lincoln Airpark West
•May 30-31: Wilmington, Ohio – Wilmington Airport
•June 6-7: Mineral Wells, Texas – Mineral Wells Airport
•June 27-28: Toledo, Ohio – Toledo Express Airport
•July 18-19: Packwood, Wash. – Hampton Mills
•Aug 1-2: Wilmington, Ohio – Wilmington Airport
•September 5-6: Lincoln, Neb. – Lincoln Airpark West
Looks like I'll be making Dixie, NJ Pro, both Wilmington Pros, Toledo Pro, and Nats / Pro Finale. Kinda disappointing they're continuing the Match Tour format.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gahhh, that's a lot of driving!

I don't like to drive more than 3 hours in the S.

Moultire - 11 hrs

Toledo - 10 hrs

Wilmington - 8.7 hrs

Lincoln - 20 hrs

Bowling Green - 11 hrs

Dixie - 10.5 hrs

East Rutherford - 6.5 hrs

Old 11-12-2014, 05:35 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

awesome! so glad the pro is in nj this year. 10 min drive for me. but everything else is so far.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can anyone recommend a good rental (truck or van) company to use for these trips?
Old 11-12-2014, 06:14 AM

We're doing a tour at NCM? That site is decent but not Wilmington or Blytheville size at all. That's our new local site, here's video of me the other day there. Note this isn't my best driving, first run in this vette.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CBYiK6mJd4

3 tours within 1.5 hours of my house. I have no excuses. Oo wait I don't have a car or class picked yet and have been prepping my bike to do track days with. Hmm. Maybe I need to figure that out.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:05 AM

...it's a math tour at NCM.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll be at:

Blytheville
College Station
Mineral Wells
Nationals
And possibly the Kentucky event

I would not be surprised if this is the last national event at Blytheville as we have apparently not been able to draw enough entries. It's so close time wise to the Georgia and Texas events most can't afford to hit it as well. Especially if you are racing for tires and the class is low on numbers.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm contemplating taking the year off and focusing on road racing. If time and money allows, I will try and make the Wilmington, Blytheville, and NCM events in something, but likely selling my current cars that are setup for auto-x.

-Marc
Old 11-12-2014, 11:32 AM

I'm likely to do the west coast, including Packwood, and Nationals...maybe Pro finale, but I haven't done Pro's in a few years
Old 11-12-2014, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by robinson
Can anyone recommend a good rental (truck or van) company to use for these trips?
This area sucks when it comes to national events.

Quick Reply: 2015 Solo National Tour / ProSolo Schedule