S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

S2000 Stock class autocross information

Old 02-15-2017, 11:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bergi85
Couple of questions. I ran BS last season, and will be there this season as well.

"Number two: Seat position! (move it up!)"
What do you mean by this? How tall are you? I am 6'3" and have to have the seat back all the way.
"RE71s(225s on all 4, best tire I've found so far)"
I also ran RE71rs and I loved them. What size were you running? I could only get them (and i think there is only the one size for us) in 225/50r16.
"Karcepts front bar(on third setting)"
Have you ran the Small Fortune bar? I might be buying one from a local guy, just curious on the differences.

Thanks for all the info!
Im 5 10 but even at 6 3 I would think the correct seating position would still need to move up just a bit. At the very least make sure the rear of the seat is not leaned back. It feels weird at first but you want to be on the steering wheel. Sunday I forgot to move mine up my first run. Picked up like 7 tenths the next run when I did.

Im running the 225 50 16s as its the biggest they offer in our size. Man how I wish we could run the ap2 wheels.

As the other guys have stated the SFB should be just as good but I have no experience with one to tell you what setting work in BS.

What region do you race at?
The following users liked this post:
bergi85 (02-16-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 12:19 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by williamb81
Im 5 10 but even at 6 3 I would think the correct seating position would still need to move up just a bit. At the very least make sure the rear of the seat is not leaned back. It feels weird at first but you want to be on the steering wheel. Sunday I forgot to move mine up my first run. Picked up like 7 tenths the next run when I did.

Im running the 225 50 16s as its the biggest they offer in our size. Man how I wish we could run the ap2 wheels.

As the other guys have stated the SFB should be just as good but I have no experience with one to tell you what setting work in BS.

The Small Fortune Bar and the Karcepts bar both uses arms on a splined torsion bar, a standard part with 1.25" dia spines. SF and Karcepts offer it with .188" or .250" wall thickness, and solid, and 1.25" spines with a 1.375" center; Karcepts also offers a .120". Typically each size overlaps the bottom 4 of 6 adjustments on the next largest size. I have the .188" bar on an AP2 B/Street. car.

But the pièce de résistance of the Karcepts bar is the arc on the arm that allows stiffness adjustments without adjusting the length of the links or disconnecting both links. the link fits a groove in the arm of the bar that lets it be tightened or loosened with one wrench. It is simply a work of art and engineering.

However, if you have the SF bar at a discount it is probably worth a try. Otherwise, I'd go Karcepts. These are pics of the Karcepts and Small Fortune bars.

bergi85 (02-16-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by williamb81

I wish we could run AP2 wheels as well. I am in the Utah region. Most of the guys here are in STR.... and they do really well. I just can't commit that much money to it right now.

Thanks for the help!
Old 02-16-2017, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by DavidNJ
However, if you have the SF bar at a discount it is probably worth a try. Otherwise, I'd go Karcepts. These are pics of the Karcepts and Small Fortune bars.
Thanks! Yeah I am working on figuring out the price with him now. Either way I am excited to run with one of them this season!
Old 02-23-2017, 08:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Echoing what everyone else is saying the "correct seating position should have your arms bent 90 degrees at your elbows. Heres a good video to watch on the subject.

The Biggest Driving Mistakes - Correct Your Driving Mistakes

I have the Gendron bar. I haven't tried to Karcepts bar but can't imagine it would be any worse performance wise. I would go with whatever is cheaper.

Good luck this season!
bergi85 (03-01-2017)
Old 02-26-2017, 07:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone tried out the Hardrace FSB? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-01-2017, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by indys2kautocrosser
Echoing what everyone else is saying the "correct seating position should have your arms bent 90 degrees at your elbows. Heres a good video to watch on the subject.

The Biggest Driving Mistakes - Correct Your Driving Mistakes

I have the Gendron bar. I haven't tried to Karcepts bar but can't imagine it would be any worse performance wise. I would go with whatever is cheaper.

Good luck this season!
Thanks for the video! And we just settled on a price and it is cheaper than they Karcepts. I am excited for the season!
Old 03-04-2017, 05:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I literally just signed up for a SCCA membership because I want to finally, after years of owning my car, get into autocross. I need some help figuring out what class I should be in because reading the Solo rule book is eye-glazing.

My car and mods:
2004 S2000
OEM hardtop
Fr. 225/45/17 and Rr. 255/40/17 on stock AP2 V1 wheels
KW Variant 3 coilovers
S2000 CR front sway bar
Hytech Header with test pipe
T1R 70R-EM Sparrow exhaust
Science of Speed stainless steel brake lines

And that's it. Not a lot of modifications but I just can't tell where my car would fit in. I will be adding Bride Vios III Japan seats with Bride rails soon, if that changes things. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:52 PM

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kIan
I need some help figuring out what class I should be in because reading the Solo rule book is eye-glazing.
We've all done it, it's not complicated. Take 15min and read the rules.

Originally Posted by s2kIan
My car and mods:
2004 S2000
OEM hardtop
Fr. 225/45/17 and Rr. 255/40/17 on stock AP2 V1 wheels
KW Variant 3 coilovers
S2000 CR front sway bar
Hytech Header with test pipe
T1R 70R-EM Sparrow exhaust
Science of Speed stainless steel brake lines

And that's it. Not a lot of modifications but I just can't tell where my car would fit in. I will be adding Bride Vios III Japan seats with Bride rails soon, if that changes things. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.
The test pipe bumps you into BSP, otherwise you would be best running STR.
I'd get a highflow cat instead of the test pipe, some 17x9" wheels and go have a blast in STR.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:55 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Has there been an indication on the best tire and tire sizes for 2017? Is the Rival S better than the RE71r? Is the Direzza III the new leader? It looks like the RS4 isn't.

And to sizes. Still at 245/40-17 front? Is 245 square preferred over 245/255? I will miss the 225 front; it stopped my car from scrapping exiting our driveway.

Quick Reply: S2000 Stock class autocross information