S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Science Of Speed V-Mount SC

Old 09-19-2016, 08:04 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Question for you.

would you share how you've vented the valve cover?

Also what kit are you running?
Old 09-19-2016, 01:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Love SOS. I want to build a second track s2000 for st3.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:57 AM

Received 121 Likes on 97 Posts

LJ, I'm just now seeing this. What's the purpose of this setup over their regular V-mount? I ask as I am having them build me a V-mount setup now.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We love to see customer's pushing the envelope!
Old 11-21-2016, 04:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
LJ, I'm just now seeing this. What's the purpose of this setup over their regular V-mount? I ask as I am having them build me a V-mount setup now.
this set up seems to non lean the radiator back and have the front cooler almost flat in front of it. more of an L mount i guess you can say.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jason, I originally had it as a custom turbo setup that blew up and I ended up moving to a supercharger. I couldn't stand the boost blowing off if I had to peddle it out of corner exit so I trashed that system and went with the stage 2 blower. But kept the V mount setup and added the wastegate. The radiator is tilted back 4 to 5 inches. It ran great at RPM. Got down into the 1:39s on the st3 tune. I Should be able to find some time on new tires. Finally found a set of hankook c71 softs I'm saving for heartland. The cold side of the radiator and intercooler were ambient right off the track but I didn't have time to reset the aem storage to record data while instructing at the same time. It's gonna be a long winter lol I'm ready to race this thing!

Last edited by Beyond_Redline; 11-24-2016 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:23 AM

Received 121 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Beyond_Redline
Jason, I originally had it as a custom turbo setup that blew up and I ended up moving to a supercharger. I couldn't stand the boost blowing off if I had to peddle it out of corner exit so I trashed that system and went with the stage 2 blower. But kept the V mount setup and added the wastegate. The radiator is tilted back 4 to 5 inches. It ran great at RPM. Got down into the 1:39s on the st3 tune. I Should be able to find some time on new tires. Finally found a set of hankook c71 softs I'm saving for heartland. The cold side of the radiator and intercooler were ambient right off the track but I didn't have time to reset the aem storage to record data while instructing at the same time. It's gonna be a long winter lol I'm ready to race this thing!

Got it... Was just curious. I plan on setting up boost by gear to help with coming out of corners, however, every EFR turbo I've messed with has had a really good, smooth onset of power. If I make it back out to RPM next year, I'm hoping I'll be in the mid 1:30's.

I am going to finally put this AEM EMS to use with much of the features it offers. In NA form, I didn't really use anything special and the tune was a quick 10-minute job to get it running on E85, which ran great for 3 years of track duty.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:36 AM

Just finished up with the dyno charts for 2017 setups using the SOS supercharger. We are headed to Road Atlanta for NASA SE regions Pie race this weekend! Will run in TT3 for a shakedown saturday and see what the competition brings for Sunday. Comp weight will change between ST and
TT but our ST ratios are at 8.2 and 10.2

ST/TT3
Name:  received_1657356307613698_zpsccxl84n7.jpeg
Views: 609
Size:  62.6 KB

ST/TT2
Name:  received_1657360817613247_zpspp5pmkq1.jpeg
Views: 626
Size:  63.5 KB
Old 03-19-2017, 06:16 AM

Murphy's law.
Name:  301_zpsv1pyisas.jpeg
Views: 615
Size:  409.1 KB
Blew the right side inner seal on the 4.57 rear end Saturday at road atlanta. First session in the rain we were 5th fastest from 34th then failure first flying lap of the second session. The gear oil shot out on to the caliper almost causing a fire but I was able to catch it before it failed completely. I got the spare 4.10 in so we will get a second chance Sunday. Wish I could have had the time to get temperatures all around but hopefully today we can get some data.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:55 AM

Sunday went a bit better! We ended up 3rd of 6 with a 1:37.4 losing out to the C5 crew as they got into the 1:35s. The spare 4.10 was about 13 to 15 mph slower down the straight with the undertray off. I was seeing 245 degrees on the spare without cooling. So it's definitely the week point of the drive train at this level of stress. I think with a few more sessions under my belt, the 4.57, and undertray, I might have seen the 1:35s. Here's the lap from Sunday followed by a cool down lap. The gopro spot setting doesn't like phone screens just FYI you cant see the display well in the play back using race chrono lap timer.
Point of Failure
Fastest lap sunday. Great having a loud car, you can hear how much of a sissy I am in staying flat through some of the corners lmao. It seem I over slowed in a few corners, I get back on the throttle way to soon. I think the brakes would have allowed me to go deeper. Coming down that hill to the finish line is no joke! lol. Cant wait to go back. however the south east region kinda lost its fun factor when compared to central region. I was told I couldn't have a Passenger because it could be beneficial for weight distribution even after requesting to be DQ'd that session. I think if I head back to Road atlanta I'll go to Gridlife instead of NASA SE. The camaraderie was a bit uninviting in that region as countless people came up to look at the car as we would walk away from our pit and say nothing to me under the rear of the car pulling the Diff as I see feet walk up under my hood then walk off without so much as a "hello." Of course the s2k community was great. Met a few guys in HPDE. Wished I could have caught up with Joel Morrison as I kept seeing his TT4 S2k ahead of me on the grid! Hopefully we'll get the diff rebuilt with some upgrades before heartland park in May. Quick view of lap timer @2:49

Quick Reply: Science Of Speed V-Mount SC