S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Subaru BRZ vs S2000

Old 07-03-2013, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I raced a Toyota 86 the other day, it was no contest, spanked him real bad
Old 07-03-2013, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by JDMpearlwhyteZ
Originally Posted by japhethwar' timestamp='1343436994' post='21895067
Nothin 10g's cant' cure. gtx3076 and e85 will make that brz sing a happy song. Too bad it would still get spanked by any turbo S. What a good looking, great handling DOG. Why in gods name did toyota not give that piece a real motor?
Because its meant to be a cheap car.. Putting a better engine in the car would raise the price and possibly threaten some of subaru's own higher level cars ie: WRX/STi
Great point I don't know how I never thought that as being a reason
Old 07-04-2013, 07:12 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Isn't 15 seconds for 400meters (1/4mile) slow for the S2000, shouldn't it be down around 14 seconds?
Old 09-18-2013, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by mikey3165
Originally Posted by JDMpearlwhyteZ' timestamp='1343438236' post='21895103
[quote name='japhethwar' timestamp='1343436994' post='21895067']
Nothin 10g's cant' cure. gtx3076 and e85 will make that brz sing a happy song. Too bad it would still get spanked by any turbo S. What a good looking, great handling DOG. Why in gods name did toyota not give that piece a real motor?
Because its meant to be a cheap car.. Putting a better engine in the car would raise the price and possibly threaten some of subaru's own higher level cars ie: WRX/STi
Great point I don't know how I never thought that as being a reason
[/quote]

I'm looking toward the day when I could say 25K is a cheap car to me. The BRZ is on my shortlist for my next car...whenever the M3 dies.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:12 AM

everybody is missing the point, we have how many rear wheel drive cars now? I'm sorry but fwd is boring, rwd is way more fun, who cares if the Subaru is slower than the s2000, either way all of the rwd drive cars car drift a corner, getting a helmet on and racing some dork to say your faster only works for a while, unless your racing a well equipped vehicle your really wasting your money and time, just make it fit your style and drive it, having fun is why you build your car, if you want to race then buy some beater stick a real motor in it(ls series motor-alum block) then set you car up to either drag or track, nothing better then pulling up next to some shiny chunk of leased or credit a maxed out credit card vehicle and spanking the shite out of it, I'll let you in on a little secret, any rear wheel drive car that has a lower stance can be a killer racer, paint and diffusors don't make cars go faster, most of the crap I see on here, In magazines and at shows don't do a thing till your doing 125-150 mph, just a fact, a wing on the trunk can cause issues at speed, speed causes a wing to direct air, mounted to a piece of sheet metal or carbon fiber that has no strength can cause the wing to move in the wrong direction causing you to spin, lift or worse flip. I see cars with bolt in roll cages, well bolt in trim pieces, have you ever seen a race car with a bolt in cage? honestly you would be better off without one of those, when you roll they tend to snap and flex, there used to be a off road company that went out of biz that is now back in biz(I'd rather not name it with a chance of getting sued)they used to make these types of units, but in the 80's got sued for BIG bucks(that's with a capital B) because one of those bolts snapped and the down tube went into the cab and entered the drivers head, have someone weld in a cage, cold rolled seamless or chromoly tube works best, not bolted type, weld plates and tube to plates, tig weld or mig is fine, just not bolt on's, a lot of un-welded kits thru speedway engineering or other stock car type suppliers, you can get cage and fit to a s2000, brz, Hyundai or whatever your budget makes you able to afford, just get a tube/metal cutter(not grinder type-un-needed heat-carbon type blade), for dragging: motor, rr suspension(if it won't hook up nothings fast), track: motor, transmission(close ratio at least 1st 3 gears) shocks/springs(stiff doesn't work, if your bouncing around your not going fast) and time behind the wheel, I've been around a long time, I have seen high dollar cars with 2 year old mentality driving them, be happy we are seeing the powers that be making affordable rwd cars again, just my opinion.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:58 PM

^^^Ummmm, just ....wait what?
Old 09-26-2013, 02:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by japanesevette
everybody is missing the point, we have how many rear wheel drive cars now? I'm sorry but fwd is boring, rwd is way more fun, who cares if the Subaru is slower than the s2000, either way all of the rwd drive cars car drift a corner, getting a helmet on and racing some dork to say your faster only works for a while, unless your racing a well equipped vehicle your really wasting your money and time, just make it fit your style and drive it, having fun is why you build your car, if you want to race then buy some beater stick a real motor in it(ls series motor-alum block) then set you car up to either drag or track, nothing better then pulling up next to some shiny chunk of leased or credit a maxed out credit card vehicle and spanking the shite out of it, I'll let you in on a little secret, any rear wheel drive car that has a lower stance can be a killer racer, paint and diffusors don't make cars go faster, most of the crap I see on here, In magazines and at shows don't do a thing till your doing 125-150 mph, just a fact, a wing on the trunk can cause issues at speed, speed causes a wing to direct air, mounted to a piece of sheet metal or carbon fiber that has no strength can cause the wing to move in the wrong direction causing you to spin, lift or worse flip. I see cars with bolt in roll cages, well bolt in trim pieces, have you ever seen a race car with a bolt in cage? honestly you would be better off without one of those, when you roll they tend to snap and flex, there used to be a off road company that went out of biz that is now back in biz(I'd rather not name it with a chance of getting sued)they used to make these types of units, but in the 80's got sued for BIG bucks(that's with a capital B) because one of those bolts snapped and the down tube went into the cab and entered the drivers head, have someone weld in a cage, cold rolled seamless or chromoly tube works best, not bolted type, weld plates and tube to plates, tig weld or mig is fine, just not bolt on's, a lot of un-welded kits thru speedway engineering or other stock car type suppliers, you can get cage and fit to a s2000, brz, Hyundai or whatever your budget makes you able to afford, just get a tube/metal cutter(not grinder type-un-needed heat-carbon type blade), for dragging: motor, rr suspension(if it won't hook up nothings fast), track: motor, transmission(close ratio at least 1st 3 gears) shocks/springs(stiff doesn't work, if your bouncing around your not going fast) and time behind the wheel, I've been around a long time, I have seen high dollar cars with 2 year old mentality driving them, be happy we are seeing the powers that be making affordable rwd cars again, just my opinion.

Stupid comparison, 240 hp and s2000 weight vs 200 hp and brz weight. And they managed 15s 0-402m in the S.