S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Twinscroll 30r S vs 2014 Fort 5.0 GT

Old 04-07-2014, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twinscroll 30r S vs 2014 Fort 5.0 GT

After taking the dogs to the park on a beautiful and quiet Saturday morning, a brand spanking new blk 5.0 GT peeled out of a subdivision and drove that thing like he stole it. When I rolled up behind him at a stoplight, he decided to purr that sweet sounding coyote. So I responded in kind with a rev from my S as well. What I didn’t expect was for him to stick his arm out with a thumbs down, as if his pony was God’s gift to mankind.

As expect, he punched it off the line and continued to drive that thing like he stole it. With back to back lights coming up, I just casually followed him until the opportunity presented itself. It wasn’t long before we caught an opening, and he actually slowed down, probably thought it would be another easy Honda picking, so he waited for me to change lanes trying to pass him. Why not XD

Since it was still low 50’s outside, I eased into the throttle around 30-35mph and was prepared to punch it when I hear the coyote scream. Sure enough, he romped on it as I started to make the lane change behind him and we’re off. By the time I let off in 3rd gear, he was a good 3-4 cars behind me. With how menacing that thing sounded, I was expecting the bite to be as big as the bark.

He rolled up to me at the next stoplight and wouldn’t even look over or roll the windows down. I ended up laughing hysterically at him because this guy is so serious and defeated. He finally rolled down his window and told me he doesn’t race ricers. I thought okay… I guess maybe he let off after he saw me punch it back there? At that point, I asked him if he was scared. Big bad V8 doesn’t want to humiliate a ricer with a 4 banger? He went on to unleash some profanity at me and told me how he had 600hp under the hood.

ORLY? Told him I didn’t know the 5.0 GT comes with 600hp out of the box these days, and proceeded to ask him if he was compensating for something. He decided to roll his windows back up and gave me a thumbs down. Now I’m REALLY curious and wondered if he let off back there. As fate would have it, I got too more passes at him since we ran into a cluster of lights with open lanes. This time, I made sure he went WOT before punching it. Those 2 runs were really embarrassing for him. In any case, the irony to all this is he ended up doing what any defeated douchebags would do, weave in and out of traffic like a ricer to validate their existence after being so soundly defeated.

It doesn't bring me joy to make people feel bad about their brand new 40k investment, but someone had to bring this guy back down to earth. Scratch that, it brought me tons of joy
Old 04-07-2014, 07:20 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

excellent kill...love it when v8s get pwn3d
Old 04-08-2014, 08:59 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RedCelica
excellent kill...love it when v8s get pwn3d
This. Especially arrogant d-bag "my shit dont stink" drivers.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice!
Old 04-08-2014, 12:21 PM

Someone's ego was destroyed lol. This reminds of a Yellow GTO (with plates reading "DANGA"), I saw on my way to class. He pulled up next to me on the freeway, downshifted & took off then started swerving in & out of traffic. SMH, ignorant v8 drivers
Old 04-08-2014, 07:04 PM

Received 104 Likes on 76 Posts

nice kill! i bet he wont be happy to see you around again. lol
Old 04-08-2014, 07:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice kill!
Old 04-08-2014, 10:19 PM

Best kind of kill!
Old 04-09-2014, 07:08 PM

Wow. I can't wait to do the same with my neighbor next block. Drives a camera, mustang, and a corvette. Not sure how much their pushing but once I get my 500whp setup I can smoke them lol.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing more satisfying than shutting up a shit talking, nice kill. Looks like the SOS kit is treating you well.

Quick Reply: Twinscroll 30r S vs 2014 Fort 5.0 GT