S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What aero parts do you want for your S???

Old 06-17-2003, 08:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What aero parts do you want for your S???

This is an important question because I am guaging interest for aero parts that are out, but are unattainable due to price and or availability. I am setting up certain things to possibly offer the S2000 community things that can help step it up. Please be serious and practical in the suggestions and comments. If possible then please include pictures and if it is an expensive part then include price if possible. As for now I can only set up the exterior mods in fiberglass or carbon and will not be offering interior or engine accessories yet. Thanks in advance.

Fred
Old 06-17-2003, 09:53 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I would like inexpensive fiberglass (there's no need for the looks of structural strength of carbon fiber) fronder undertrays and rear difusers. (Wind tunnel tested, of course.)

See http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/ext...und_effects.asp for some expensive CF versions.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:15 AM

This is exactly what I was hoping to see. You alo want a front diffuser too. The front would be simple because it just needs to be flat and adaptable to different bumpers. The rear is what I am also proposing, but the problem is that there is no wind tunnel testing. The rear would be designed to the exact specs of the most popular style requested though, but I am trying to design it to be streetable as well by raising it while keeping the numbers in conjunction with the original proven design. Thanks and keep them coming.

PS: If you agree with any parts that are proposed and would seriously consider purchasing it then reply with that as well. If you want to post an opinion on a reasonable price that you would buy this for as opposed to the price of the original.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the OEM front lip, because I like the looks.

I do some autocross, though, and get black smears and scratches on the lip from the cones. I'd like a trim piece that I could snap on for race days, just to protect the lip.

I'm not worried about aerodynamics - I'll hit 40 - 50 mph depending on the course, and I don't think the lip does me any particular good. I just want to keep my pretty baby looking good for the street.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:45 AM

What do you mean by that lilred2? You mean some side fins like the splitters?
Old 06-17-2003, 12:52 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I've seen a couple products that are metal or plastic pieces that stick out a couple inches from the bottom of the front lip - maybe something that also extends out to the sides a bit would be what LILRED2 is talking about. (That would tack you out of stock class, by the way.) Kinda like the Daytona Prototype cars in the Grand-Am Rolex series.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:58 PM

Feels rear spoiler
Old 06-17-2003, 01:18 PM

That spoiler is definitely something that I will try to get. I need a lot of positive feedback from any item to make sure that once it is produced, I can get it out to the majority of the market. I have a C-west replica right now that is very high quality in strength and especially finish. I don't know what the rules and classifications are for autocross, but these are more of a visual enhancement with the exception of the wing and possibly diffusers. I want to push the idea of an affordable carbon rear diffuser. This is all good info, but like I mentioned we need to generate a lot of info and then orders to get this idea in the works. There is one member that is offering universal splitters that he has fitted onto his S that extend approximately 2-3 inches from the lip and those will be offered as well since they are already made.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:14 PM

Make a replica of the Backyard Special kit, which alot of people like but are afraid to commit because of reports of bad quality fitment and fragile material...

I've been collecting come pics over the past few months...
http://pages.quicksilver.net.nz/vivisect/BYS/
Old 06-17-2003, 02:21 PM

A copy of this Top Secret rear diffuser would be nice in a plain cf weave no kevlar:
I wouldnt want the little winglet things that are bolted on the sides of this diffuser though.

Quick Reply: What aero parts do you want for your S???