S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Rear suspension toe off?

Old 02-12-2017, 07:54 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

That is your rear camber adjuster not your rear toe ! but agree with the other comments in that some gorilla has broken a tab off, fairly straight forward but fiddly to replace, please do not go to the trouble of the replacing the whole rear subframe just for that.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah nevermind I just did research on how extensive it is, looks like I'll just be taking it in to see if a shop can duplicate the tap on that side. Make me wonder why would someone break that off. Just worried about my rear toe, don't want the tire to be wearing out quickly.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:48 PM

ok guys I took some closer pics, so yes it's definetly gone. But wondering will it really affect it because I'm guessing the tab is to keep the gold washer from moving to much to the sides. I also just noticed the car has tein springs all around except the side where this is at. This side has a stock spring. Now I'm wondering if this prevented someone from installing the spring, which I highly doubt. I see no reason why this should keep someone from installing the lowering spring on this side. Any ideas? There's got to be more to this. Any measurements I should take?
Old 02-12-2017, 07:50 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

U need that tab period. The bolt is already over the right rendering the washer measurements useless. About the springs...... that's hella sketch. Get some new springs and redo or get oem suspension
Old 02-13-2017, 03:27 AM

Received 405 Likes on 339 Posts

Rear adjuster is for toe, not for camber, the tie rod adjusts camber. This is fact. The problem lies in most alignment techs not knowing that to adjust toe you need to turn both camber and *toe adjusters in opposite directions. The tab is only there to help hold your alignment, it shouldn't affect your ability to adjust it.

Last edited by Slowcrash_101; 02-13-2017 at 06:25 AM. Reason: changed caster to toe
Old 02-13-2017, 04:15 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowcrash_101
Rear adjuster is for toe, not for camber, the tie rod adjusts camber. This is fact. The problem lies in most alignment techs not knowing that to adjust toe you need to turn both camber and caster adjusters in opposite directions. The tab is only there to help hold your alignment, it shouldn't affect your ability to adjust it.
the adjuster the OP has highlighted is the rear camber, the tie bar (toe) you can clearly see in the background, or am I going completely insane ?
Old 02-13-2017, 06:35 AM

Received 405 Likes on 339 Posts

Maybe you are. The service manual states it clear as day, toe is adjusted with both adjusters but the main toe adjustment comes from the rear most adjuster. The tie-rod is used to set camber.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:35 AM

I'm starting to think that maybe I don't really need to weld the piece of metal missing. Looks like it serves as a stopper of sorts to keep washer in between. Can anyone confirm. And if it does need it can someone tell me what's it's purpose
Old 02-14-2017, 10:33 AM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

the sole purpose of the tab is to provide a way for the adjustment bolt to press against to achieve proper alignment and keep it there

if you are able to do that, then you're fine. i seriously doubt you can get a good alignment with it and have it actually stick without that tab

as a cheap fix, you might be able to bend up whats left of the tab, but seriously any welder can stick a piece of metal on there in a few seconds....
Old 03-31-2017, 03:51 PM

Ok guys finally got around to bending the tab from rear passenger side toe adjuster.
I look behind to see other adjuster and find out this side was bent back to. Im really wondering wtf

Quick Reply: Rear suspension toe off?