S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

My Old NSX Is In a Museum!

Old 03-14-2017, 01:48 PM
tof

Received 1,916 Likes on 1,308 Posts
Default My Old NSX Is In a Museum!

It is currently more of a "collection" but the owner hopes to open to the public this summer. Cool guy.
Here is the web link to the HeritageJDM museum web site list of cars. See mine? http://heritagejdm.com/the-cars.html

He also just started a youtube channel. If you drove Japanese imports in your youth you will enjoy it. Episode 1 is a little rough but better than a lot of similar type videos on YouTube. And I expect it to improve if he keeps going with the project, which I have encouraged him to do.

Help a car brother out and watch. Or subscribe, even!

Enjoy!
-Mike
Old 03-14-2017, 02:52 PM

Received 705 Likes on 477 Posts

A 79 Civic is in there. I owned a chocolate brown one. My first Honda.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:18 PM

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Cool stuff!
Old 03-14-2017, 08:45 PM

Received 4,960 Likes on 3,005 Posts

Mike, I loved it! So cool to have his son involved in making the video. Very entertaining video. I would have given it a thumbs up but the requirement to sign up to do that leaves me cold..... so you'll have to pass along my thumb's up!

Funny, I could really relate. I bought this 1972 Toyota Corona MkII that was built in Japan (not the US version) in 1973 from a serviceman who shipped it home and I loved it. It was sold exclusively at Toyopet store locations in Japan. I logged 80,000 miles on it and pushed that little 113 hp 4-speed for all it was worth with several minor performance upgrades.

And, eventually it turned out looking like this.... after I hit the same tree on both sides the same night on the same curve on the same dirt road. And that's all the story I'll ever tell in print. Other than to say all the repairs and replacements where done by me. You don't report stuff like that to the insurance company.

This is the same car I used to take ice racing. As nuts as it sounds, I think I would rather have this car back over the 1963 Vette. In the winter I ran 4-snow tires on the original wheels, as was required in Japan at the time, and in the summer after-market wheels. 2,225 pounds soaking wet on a 99" wheelbase and tons of fun while hauling my young family around.

Last edited by dlq04; 03-14-2017 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:56 PM
tof

Dave, your story made me smile...several times. I've always wished Toyota had retained the "Toyopet" for the U.S. market. Would love to hear someone say "My frisky Toyopet Supra is making about 600 HP at the wheels". That Corolla of yours may have been built in Japan but I see it is left-hand drive. So what market was it built for?

I get you, about the like button being tied to registration. The important thing is he got another "view" as that's what makes him a hundredth of a cent or so. Hope you watched the ad. I didn't.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:57 PM
tof

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
A 79 Civic is in there. I owned a chocolate brown one. My first Honda.
That's OK, Ray. We all have secrets in our past.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:24 PM

Received 4,960 Likes on 3,005 Posts

Originally Posted by tof
Dave, your story made me smile...several times. I've always wished Toyota had retained the "Toyopet" for the U.S. market. Would love to hear someone say "My frisky Toyopet Supra is making about 600 HP at the wheels". That Corolla of yours may have been built in Japan but I see it is left-hand drive. So what market was it built for?

I get you, about the like button being tied to registration. The important thing is he got another "view" as that's what makes him a hundredth of a cent or so. Hope you watched the ad. I didn't.
Not to be picky but afterall it was a Cornoa, not a Corolla. Yes, it was left-hand drive but based on my internet searches (now I can't recall the differences) but it was different than what was sold in the USA. No matter, it was my first Japanese car and I took a lot of $hit for it - - living at the time near Pontiac, Michigan (you probably heard of them) and working in Royal Oak, Michigan with lots of meetings, etc. in Detroit, Michigan...... something about the Union Label and the fact GM and Ford liked to remind of that when they saw me.

Hey Mike, your NSX clearly found a GOOD home.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by tof
That's OK, Ray. We all have secrets in our past.
I loved that little Civic. 4 speed that would go anywhere and fun to drive. It was one of many Hondas I owned and bought for my daughters while they were in college. Got them used Preludes and they loved them.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:30 AM
tof

Dave...Oops. I swear I typed "Corona" but the computer put "Corolla". My parents eloped to Royal Oak and lived there a short time before moving back to western New York State. I was almost certainly conceived in Royal Oak.

Ray, you know I was kidding, right? I've owned four Accords, two CRXs, an S2000 and an NSX over the years. Loved every one of them.
Actually, five Accords. Bought a used 97 V6 but found the engine gutless (for a v6) and the automatic transmission that was crude, rough, and very un-honda like. Traded it the next day for a 98 with the then-new V6. What a difference that one year made for the V6. Anyway, I don't count the 97.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by tof
Dave...Oops. I swear I typed "Corona" but the computer put "Corolla". My parents eloped to Royal Oak and lived there a short time before moving back to western New York State. I was almost certainly conceived in Royal Oak.

Ray, you know I was kidding, right? I've owned four Accords, two CRXs, an S2000 and an NSX over the years. Loved every one of them.
Actually, five Accords. Bought a used 97 V6 but found the engine gutless (for a v6) and the automatic transmission that was crude, rough, and very un-honda like. Traded it the next day for a 98 with the then-new V6. What a difference that one year made for the V6. Anyway, I don't count the 97.
Of course I do. Do you have any future plans to come to Lewes. Would love to get together with you and Gene again.

Quick Reply: My Old NSX Is In a Museum!