Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Route 26 Spring Drive "Official" Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 08:53 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Route 26 Spring Drive "Official" Thread

This will become the "official" thread for the spring Ohio Route 26 Drive. Please post all future comments to this thread all the way through post-event pictures. Details are as follows:

Event Dates and Itinerary:

June 7-8, 2003

The NE Ohio people will meet at Belden Village Mall in Canton at approximately 8:30AM. We will head south at 9AM sharp.

The Central Ohio people will meet at the Brice Rd. J.C. Penney Outlet Mall at 9AM and will depart at 9:30AM sharp.

Both groups will combine at the Super 8 Hotel exit 178 (Route 209) off Interstate 70 (gas stations available) at approximately 10:45AM.

We will stop for lunch in Woodsfield. Ample street parking is available.

We will stop prior to Marietta at a staging area for photo opps.

For those staying at the Hampton, we will check in upon arrival in Marietta. For those not staying overnight, it might be wise for everyone to still meet at this parking lot.

We will proceed to downtown Marietta for dinner and cocktails at the Marietta Brewing Co.

Lodging: Hampton Inn Marietta, Ohio

The rooms will be $89 per night for a single (usually has a king bed) unless we can commit to 10 rooms, in which case the cost per room drops to $72. I reserved a block of 10 rooms. Update: Looks like we MAY get the rooms for $72 even if we fall short of the 10 room minimum.

To reserve your room, please call 1-740-373-5353 and give them the following code number when making your reservation - OHS. This will ensure you are part of our group and get the discount. Make your reservations PRIOR to May 16th. After that date, they will release any of the 10 rooms not reserved.

Drive Leader: Waybrig (Brad)

Drive Requirements:

Everyone participating must sign a waiver form on the day of the event. For those who are minors (under 21), you must also have a waiver form signed by your parents prior to the event date. This is a requirement of the drive.

Everyone participating must FAX (440-684-3102) to my attention a copy of their current insurance card and drivers license.

Drive Structure:

Based on last years experience, we will arrange people into three groups based on your driving experience and preference :

Aggressive: You have the age/maturity to not let testosterone get you into trouble. Hopefully you've had some autocrossing and/or track experience. You are very familiar with how your car handles at it's limits. You want to focus on driving your car close to it's limits through tight corners while still remaining safe. You simply want to enjoy the drive, not prove how fast you or your car are. (

Moderate: You enjoy pushing your car some but you don't have experience/confidence near the limit of adhesion. This group will still be pretty fast, just not as intense as the "aggressive". You might have a passenger that likes going fast.

Sightseeing: You are mostly interested in a beautiful drive through the country with friends on a sunny day. You don't want to feel rushed and feel like you have to keep up with the group. You may be an "aggressive" driver, but you've got a passenger that isn't used to this sort of thing so you don't want to make this a miserable trip for them.

Please reply to this thread which group you would like to be in and I will keep a roster here.

Participants:

bkincaid - room = yes - group = aggressive
ohioracer - room = yes - group = moderate leader
spt-s2k - room = yes - group = moderate
waybrig - room = no - group = aggressive leader
strangedaze - room = no - group = moderate
mule (Viper) - room = yes - group = aggressive
david1 - room = no - group = aggressive
andrewb - room = yes - group = sightseeing
mchester - room = no - group = moderate
jonasm - room = yes- group = moderate
dwb1 - room = no - group = aggressive
hardtopguy - room = yes - group = aggressive
john576 - room = yes - group = aggressive
eskargo - room = yes - group = moderate
lovetodrive2000 - room = yes - group = aggressive
chix rule - room = yes - group = moderate
Old 04-15-2003, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put me in the Moderate group. And thanks for all your work coordinating this!!!
Old 04-15-2003, 11:33 AM

Everything in Moderation please...
Old 04-15-2003, 01:53 PM

Originally posted by StrangeDaze
Put me in the Moderate group. And thanks for all your work coordinating this!!!
Thanks Joe. This is actually getting to be a lot of work.
Old 04-15-2003, 03:40 PM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

I think I'm ready for the Moderate group, too. Sounds like the it's the biggest so far!

Of course, david1 hasn't weighed in yet! I wonder which group he'll drive in?

JonasM
Old 04-15-2003, 04:49 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I will either be in the moderate or aggressive. I might have a passenger with me, but he turned white at 135mph. I don't think he wanted back in the S for a while. At least he wasn't with me when I spun at the auto X
Plus, I need to ask myself do I want to fix my windshield again
Old 04-15-2003, 04:53 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by david1
[B]I will either be in the moderate or aggressive. I might have a passenger with me, but he turned white at 135mph. I don't think he wanted back in the S for a while. At least he wasn't with me when I spun at the auto X
Old 04-15-2003, 05:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

C'mon now, were all aggressive at some point
Old 04-15-2003, 05:20 PM

Originally posted by david1
C'mon now, were all aggressive at some point
Everyone knows you as the Clint Eastwood of the S2K world. Visualize Dave at a stop light looking over at the poor sap in a 1976 Plymouth Reliant K: "Come on punk (rev engine) make my day!"
Old 04-15-2003, 05:57 PM

I will try to make the run . Put me with the crazy

Quick Reply: Route 26 Spring Drive "Official" Thread