California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

Next Meet: Sunday, April 28th

Old 04-09-2002, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Date: Sunday, April 28th

Time: 12:30 pm

Location: Woodward Park ($2 park admission) in Fresno, Ca. Directions for out of towners will be posted on our club site asap at: www.cvs2ks.com

Who's welcome: Anyone and everyone - doesn't matter if you drive a S2000 or not.

Food: Bring your own! Bringing extra food, snacks, drinks, napkins, cups, etc. etc. is welcomed We may have one of those long subs from Subway/Port of Subs and an ice chest.

What's going to happen: Meet up, have some lunch in the nice spring weather(hopefully it doesn't rain or the weather isn't scorching hot), hang out/take pics, and then possibly a group drive to somewhere near Fresno(possibly Table Mountain, Shaver, Pine Flat, etc. etc.). We'll decide on that day depending on the turnout and amount of time.
Old 04-09-2002, 04:28 PM

I'm in!!!
Old 04-10-2002, 06:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm in!!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2002, 02:43 PM

I reserved a table for us at Woodward Park. Good thing too because there was only 1 left. It is Lakeview table 7. I wanted one in the back of the park but there was none left. Lakeview is the first one when you enter by the lake and playground. (also the busiest). I need to know if you guys want the reservation? It is $8.00 for a half day. We will have it from 7 am till almost 3 pm. Do you think it will be too crowded to fit all the cars? If we don't need a covered table, we can park in the back of the park, and eat on a picnic table or in the grass by our cars were it won't be so crowded. Tell me what you think we should do?

Here is a link to the park map

Shawn
Old 04-16-2002, 05:41 PM

I forgot there were smaller picnic tables all over the park - tells you how long since I've been there, lol. I agree that that Lakeview spot is probably going to be really busy that day. I'm all for finding a spot in the back. Unless you guys want to head up front, it'll be crowded, but I'm sure we'll get a ton of attention I just worry that there won't be any parking. Plus, I don't think we really need a big table because I have a feeling most of us we will be standing around checking out each other's rides rather than sitting around ? heh.

Btw, we got a couple Boxters coming out to the meet too. That should be cool to check out - part of the roadster family Even though they cost an arm, a leg and a left nut, imo, they're sweet cars.

Dave, if you read this, how's your S2K doing? Did you get it back? (btw, I still don't know what happend to his car - if someone can fill me in please, lol).

Thanks,

Brian
Old 04-17-2002, 09:07 AM

I agree. I will not reserve the table, because there will be nowhere to park. I will get there about 12:00 on Sunday and look for a place for us to park and sit. I'm thinking Valleyview, or Sunsetview will be the least busy. If you look at the map, those are the last 2 parking lots and picnic areas in the circle around the park. Everyone look for S2000's. Maybe I will stand there with a sign! The park isn't that big and there is only one-way to drive through it so it shouldn't be that difficult to find. I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Brian,

I will let Dave tell you the story! I talked to that other Black S2000 owner, and he is coming on the 28th. His name is Stan Boyd, I don't know how I got Dale out of that.
Old 04-17-2002, 09:29 AM
Banned

Well guys, sounds like allot of fun, wish I could attend. I had made previous arrangements to go to the river that weekend of all weekends! Have fun and hope to make the next one!

Duc
Old 04-17-2002, 11:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome to the board Duc & hope to see in another group meeting
Old 04-17-2002, 11:56 AM
Banned

Thanks S2KPunisher, yes I hope to be at the next meet and meet allot of you guys.
Old 04-17-2002, 01:54 PM

man, i probably will have to pass on the 04/28 meet ...
i have SD trip and driving school coming up in this few weeks ... i just don't want to do long trip 3 weekends in a row ...
maybe next time guys.
have fun~ and post some pix!
i would be really interested in seeing how it goes ...

Quick Reply: Next Meet: Sunday, April 28th