S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

thank you speedventures!!! and doug hayashi, and maybe krazik if he's lucky

Old 06-21-2002, 10:56 PM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thank you speedventures!!! and doug hayashi, and maybe krazik if he's lucky

thunderhill was great, I appreciate the two days!!!

infinite thanks to Doug Hayashi for the rotor (pics will be posted)
and many thanks to Krazi-"slow boy"-k for helping speedventures put everything together.
Old 06-22-2002, 01:00 PM

Yeah, Thunderhill was awesome!!! Speed Ventures and Krazik put on a great event! I had tons of fun, met really cool people, and felt like I learned a lot.

Thanks to everyone, in particular Gilbert, for all the instruction and feedback. I really appreciated it! I also want to thank everyone who helped me with my caliper problems on Friday, especially Josh (and his dad), Mike Schuster and Khurram. As a novice racer and an absolute neophyte when it comes to mechanical matters, it was great to be surrounded by people willing to help and show me what to do. Next step....a service manual and a good set of tools

Cheers and thanks again for a great time!
Old 06-22-2002, 07:45 PM

Ditto! You guys put on a terrific event, and I for one enjoyed it tremendously. I can hardly wait to get back out there and learn some more! Faster! Faster! FASTER!!!

Big thanks to Dave, Merrick, Aaron, and Rylan for the patient instruction and eye-popping rides! It was great to see what our beloved S can really do.

Special thanks to Ashish, John, and the dude I was parked next to Friday (my brain's fading on your name... sorry) for saving the day and teaching this rookie gearhead how to replace my front pads and bleed 'em too. Thanks also to Eric, Doug, and Bob from Comptech for the fluid and pads. Without all of your help I woulda been screwed, so thanks a bunch!
Old 06-23-2002, 10:40 AM
jzr

Originally posted by The Unabageler
infinite thanks to Doug Hayashi for the rotor (pics will be posted)
Thunderhill was definitely very, very hard on brakes. After boiling the brake fluid Saturday, on Sunday I took to driving 4-5 miles after each session on the street outside the track to let them cool down further. Had no further problems, though my rotors are probably due for replacement now.

Another thanks goes out to Aaron, John, and Rylan too for assembling another great event. We S2000 drivers also all ought to thank each other for generally behaving very well, driving within our limits, and not causing any calamities to eat into everyone else's track time. Way to go guys!
Old 06-23-2002, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah my rotors are done too.. Should we do a GB on rotors?!?

I am glad you guys enjoyed yourself! I had an aboslute blast. Now if only I could have avoid being beaten in my own car But I was still happy w/ my times.

I look forward to the next S2K Challenge, although I will probably not make it to the next Willow Springs event.
Old 06-23-2002, 01:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by krazik
Yeah my rotors are done too.. Should we do a GB on rotors?!?
Maybe you should look at cryo treated rotors.. lots of race teams swear to better life. I have them but have proved nothing because I don't think I have beat mine up near as badly. Got mine from ART and skipped the slots (should have skipped the cad plating too because track heat destroys it). Give Dean a call (805.583.4624) and see what he can do for you.
Old 06-23-2002, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thnx Chris.

I got 44k and who knows how many track miles on my first set. They aren't worn but are showing signs of cracking.

As I understand, cryo rotors don't wear but are just as prone to cracking from big heat cycles. So right now, I am on the fence about if I should just get OEM ones again or pay more for Cryo ones.

I don't want slotting, drilling or anything of the sort either.

-Ry
Old 06-23-2002, 04:42 PM

Many thanks to Speedventures and S2Ki for a great event. It was a lot of fun!

You guys (Aaron, Jason, Rylan, Josh, Dave, etc) kicked my ass on Friday (but just wait until I figure out why I was spinning the rear tire so much). I just saw this blurb from www.speedventures.net

"MOD
Old 06-23-2002, 05:15 PM
jzr

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Doug Hayashi
[B]"MOD
Old 06-23-2002, 05:22 PM
Former Moderator

hell I'm just happy I shaved 8 seconds with my failing rotors

Quick Reply: thank you speedventures!!! and doug hayashi, and maybe krazik if he's lucky